U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2010, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,256,116 times
Reputation: 420

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
I'm just too dense or something to understand your discussion in Romans seven (7) that follows the above agreement that Adam is son of God. Let me explain why that matters:

Those who considered themselves the leaders and judges of the people in Jesus' day openly and confessedly sought to murder Jesus because by calling Himself "Son of God" He made Himself equal with God. While not condoning their murderous intentions He yet pointedly agreed with the idea of what being a "Son of God" meant. According to this, if any is a "son of Adam" who is "son of God"...that makes them...?

Again...never limited to any sectarian elite, we all are under the imperative from Jesus' mouth to not call any human father because we all have one, the heavenly Father and we ALL are brothers...what does that make us?

Matthew 23:8-10 (Concordant Literal Translation)...
8 "Now you may not be called 'Rabbi,' for One is your Teacher, yet you all are brethren.
9 And 'father' you should not be calling one of you on the earth, for One is your Father, the heavenly.
10 Nor yet may you be called preceptors, for One is your Preceptor, the Christ.

Aren't Jesus' own teachings enough to establish truth for His disciples?!

James,

My point that connects the statement about Adam being the son of God, is what helps us connect Romans 7 and that Adam is the beginning of Israel, not humanity as a whole. Thus, as you faithfully presented, Christ is geneologically connected to Adam in both Matthew and Luke, and the simple, yet seemingly blatant clues that Paul spearheads on many occasions, Roman 7 being one of them, let alone 1 Corinthians 15, and that Universalism implies is simply dead in the water. There are so many angles of error that UR applies to the scriptures, this is just one of them, and even though many do that justice, it seems to have no effect on any of you. If one were to prove to you, that this is the case, how would you, as a universalist, come to understand the salvific work of Christ?

Would you then concede that your view is an error?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-07-2010, 11:32 PM
 
17,142 posts, read 8,690,186 times
Reputation: 1456
Many use that of conditional promises as a defense, only to further their cause or belief that all men are not created equal. Therefore, salvation only belongs to those who believe, although what is unrealized by them, is that ALL WILL come to BELIEVE in due time, each in their own era. Those who misuse the Scriptures (Bible) to serve their own purpose never fully come to the knowledge of the truth. They merely seek fame within the sting of death. And the sin that brings it about is unbelief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,256,116 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Many use that of conditional promises as a defense, only to further their cause or belief that all men are not created equal. Therefore, salvation only belongs to those who believe, although what is unrealized by them, is that ALL WILL come to BELIEVE in due time, each in their own era. Those who misuse the Scriptures (Bible) to serve their own purpose never fully come to the knowledge of the truth. They merely seek fame within the sting of death. And the sin that brings it about is unbelief.
Does the Bible say that all men are created equal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 05:00 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,157,165 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Does the Bible say that all men are created equal?

The scriptures do teach that all men are equal in the eyes of God, and that God is not a respecter of persons. All have fallen short of the glory of God, and all are guilty of sin.

Though there may not be a specific verse that says "All men are created equal", that is the general message of the scriptures, though God may prefer one man to another for his own purposes, it is not due to the virtue or merit of the man but it is the will of God.

However, some things are self evident, and the fact that all people are equal to one another is one of them. The inability to understand that is only further proof of bigotry.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-08-2010 at 05:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,359,353 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Does the Bible say that all men are created equal?

Job 34:19 who shows no partiality to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of his hands?

Acts 10:34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism.

Ephesians 6:8 because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.

Deuteronomy 1:17. There shall be no difference of persons, you shall hear the little as well as the great: neither shall you respect any man's person, because it is the judgment ...

Job 13:10. He will surely reprove you, if ye do secretly respect persons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,256,116 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Job 34:19 who shows no partiality to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of his hands?

Acts 10:34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism.

Ephesians 6:8 because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.

Deuteronomy 1:17. There shall be no difference of persons, you shall hear the little as well as the great: neither shall you respect any man's person, because it is the judgment ...

Job 13:10. He will surely reprove you, if ye do secretly respect persons.
Good to see you are studying.

As He desires all men, whether king, queen, slave, or free to come to the knowledge of the truth, and to be saved. However, mankind, created free in nature, are imputed with sin and death, and are nothing without Christ in their life, will unfortunately choose death and sin, and fall far from the glory of God, and die eternally, exterminated from existence, both body and soul. The man in Christ is a new creation, and the man without Christ, will be cast into the lake of fire, subjected by the old creation, of Death and Sin. The strength of sin IS THE LAW.

The law that Adam received for his disobedience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,256,116 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The scriptures do teach that all men are equal in the eyes of God, and that God is not a respecter of persons. All have fallen short of the glory of God, and all are guilty of sin.

Though there may not be a specific verse that says "All men are created equal", that is the general message of the scriptures, though God may prefer one man to another for his own purposes, it is not due to the virtue or merit of the man but it is the will of God.

However, something are self evident, and the fact that all people are equal to one another is one of them. The inability to understand that is only further proof of bigotry.
You are full of name calling these days....frustrated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,359,353 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Good to see you are studying.

As He desires all men, whether king, queen, slave, or free to come to the knowledge of the truth, and to be saved. However, mankind, created free in nature, are imputed with sin and death, and are nothing without Christ in their life, will unfortunately choose death and sin, and fall far from the glory of God, and die eternally, exterminated from existence, both body and soul. The man in Christ is a new creation, and the man without Christ, will be cast into the lake of fire, subjected by the old creation, of Death and Sin. The strength of sin IS THE LAW.

The law that Adam received for his disobedience.
None of us CHOOSE to sin. We are created in futility. Talk to Paul. We are all at God's mercy and he died for every single person on the planet, and he will do what he wants with the CALLED and CHOSEN from each age.

I'm so glad he won't exterminate you or anybody else, as you are no different from the African child who is raped and brought up as a violent child soldier, dying young and having absolutely NO idea what agape love is all about.

He is using you, just as he uses everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 05:51 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,157,165 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You are full of name calling these days....frustrated?
I didn't call you any name in my last post ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 06:45 PM
 
37,059 posts, read 24,931,674 times
Reputation: 5823
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Good to see you are studying.

As He desires all men, whether king, queen, slave, or free to come to the knowledge of the truth, and to be saved. However, mankind, created free in nature, are imputed with sin and death, and are nothing without Christ in their life, will unfortunately choose death and sin, and fall far from the glory of God, and die eternally, exterminated from existence, both body and soul. The man in Christ is a new creation, and the man without Christ, will be cast into the lake of fire, subjected by the old creation, of Death and Sin. The strength of sin IS THE LAW.

The law that Adam received for his disobedience.
Oh . . . get over your superstitious nonsense about disobedience over some silly fruit as this all-damning cause of the mighty wrath of God against ALL human beings!

It was just our very first lesson about learning to control our inner urges . . . we were not expected to be able to control them. Our species was just created. Our soul was a mere seedling of consciousness . . . but our animal urges were fully developed and far more powerful than our conscious control (soul). That was the whole point. To implant in the racial memory of our species that there are some things our bodies will want us to do . . . but we must learn to control them . . . or we will lose eternal life. It was our first school lesson. Cain and Abel was the second, etc. Sheeesh! When will we mature beyond misunderstanding these childish fables and interpretations of our species evolution of consciousness and understanding of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top