U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-23-2010, 04:28 PM
 
528 posts, read 704,412 times
Reputation: 250

Advertisements

Hey not sure if this has ever come up, but has anyone ever thought to have a prayer group on this board where we all keep each other lifted up in prayer all the time or take turns prayer for the group? Just a thought.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2010, 04:31 PM
 
66 posts, read 65,173 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Hey not sure if this has ever come up, but has anyone ever thought to have a prayer group on this board where we all keep each other lifted up in prayer all the time or take turns prayer for the group? Just a thought.

i like your idea
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 05:05 PM
 
621 posts, read 1,069,173 times
Reputation: 283
This is what June 7th told me recently when I posted a prayer request.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 05:22 PM
 
528 posts, read 704,412 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post
This is what June 7th told me recently when I posted a prayer request.
Thanks, didn't know. I thought it would be great to just keep each other lifted up.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 PM
 
7,831 posts, read 10,858,991 times
Reputation: 3497
Default ~

Unfortunately, we can't add another Sticky for another Prayer Request thread, as it would be redundant/cross posting. I believe the "Prayer Request" thread was put up quite some time ago in the main Religion forum, so that that way, all can feel free to post there, regardless of religious orientation. --And upon rare ocassion, even an atheist or two has been known to post on it () so the main Religion forum seems to make sense, I suppose...


~June
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 05:57 PM
 
Location: New Zealand
4,836 posts, read 807,339 times
Reputation: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Unfortunately, we can't add another Sticky for another Prayer Request thread, as it would be redundant/cross posting. I believe the "Prayer Request" thread was put up quite some time ago in the main Religion forum, so that that way, all can feel free to post there, regardless of religious orientation. --And upon rare ocassion, even an atheist or two has been known to post on it () so the main Religion forum seems to make sense, I suppose...


~June
June, some posters do not look in the main religion board first - would it be a good idea to have a locked sticky directing prayer requests to that thread??
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top