Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:07 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,245,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Thank you for your answer Memphis.

May I add that most of us are not in the land of Israel, so much of Torah cannot be done. Further, it does not take an individual to fulfill Torah; it takes the community; one person alone cannot fulfill Torah. Further yet! There is no Temple -- yet -- so much of Torah cannot be done for this reason alone.
I was wrong to agree with this whole post, as I did in this post. I cannot change it to what I mean now, after rereading the post. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 12:53 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,340,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Galatians 2:19 - "For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God."

What do you think that means??

Have you read into ANY of the passages I have given you at all? Please look into this passage. I have given you the respect of reading everything you posted, please show me the same respect.

You seem to be ignoring any point I make, which makes for a very difficult discussion.
Jesus didn't say that, Paul did, again, different person.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolpfo View Post
We are not under Moses law:

Romans 10:4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes

Galatians 3:23–25 Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. 24 So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Ephesians 2:15 by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace,

Paul said later that "that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit", The law required a sacrifice for sin, and that demand was satisfied with the crusifiction of Christ. Jesus fulfilled His part, and now we need to fulfill our part by having faith in Him and by walking according to the Spirit.
Again, not Jesus, but Paul and Peter.

Lets stick to the words of the man himself, not guys that lived after him who had a direct benefit in furthering the message to their ideas, not Jesus's.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-25-2010 at 02:31 PM..

Old 08-25-2010, 01:30 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,180,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Again, not Jesus, but Paul and Peter.

Lets stick to the words of the man himself, not guys that lived after him who had a direct benefit in furthering the message to their ideas, not Jesus's.
What benefit did Paul have of spreading Jesus's message?

The only thing he got out of it was thrown in jail and beaten within an inch of his life time and time again...

Old 08-25-2010, 01:57 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,197,577 times
Quote:
As a Christian I take the Bible as the Spirit inspired word of God, so Paul's words are as good as Jesus's own words.
Then you are actually a Paulian who believes in Paulianity...for Paul's message and Jesus message were entirely different...which is the point Memphis is attempting to make to ya'll.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,115,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Then you are actually a Paulian who believes in Paulianity...for Paul's message and Jesus message were entirely different...which is the point Memphis is attempting to make to ya'll.
Apologies for jumping in here....I know hnsq from one of the other forums. He isn't a regular poster at the Christianity forum and may not even be a regular lurker. As such, he probably doesn't realise that (1) only a minority of participants in this forum accept the Nicene Creed (2) many who self-identify as "Christians" reject doctrines and scripture that are traditionally nearly always associated with Christianity, such as the Trinity, the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament), Paul's letters, the physical resurrection, the incarnation, etc.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:20 PM

9,676 posts, read 9,970,238 times
in Deutonomy 17... This is the Judgement law of Moses and NOT the Judgement of the Lord God... See Moses was like a King Prophet who ruled over the People the Lord delivered out of Egypt. and the Lord God gave Moses the Ten Commandments , and this law was Moses Judgement if anybody broke the first commandment that this was the penalty By King Moses...... Jesus Came and fullfilled the Law through his Spirit... Believers get prune of sin against the Lord God through the authority to the Lord God by the name of Jesus ,,, Believers are not under the law of sin and death because were there is sin and condemnation and fear there is NO love. Believers are not called to condemn by the law and sin but to love their neighbour..... Inbread into the Holy Spirit is the law that was the character of the law that the Lord God brought into the Bible not the Judgement that man brought over the Law that the Lord Brought, but the Character of Love and rightousness

Old 08-25-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
in Deutonomy 17... This is the Judgement law of Moses and NOT the Judgement of the Lord God... See Moses was like a King Prophet who ruled over the People the Lord delivered out of Egypt. and the Lord God gave Moses the Ten Commandments , and this law was Moses Judgement if anybody broke the first commandment that this was the penalty By King Moses...... Jesus Came and fullfilled the Law through his Spirit... Believers get prune of sin against the Lord God through the authority to the Lord God by the name of Jesus ,,, Believers are not under the law of sin and death because were there is sin and condemnation and fear there is NO love. Believers are not called to condemn by the law and sin but to love their neighbour..... Inbread into the Holy Spirit is the law that was the character of the law that the Lord God brought into the Bible not the Judgement that man brought over the Law that the Lord Brought, but the Character of Love and rightousness
Is the bible the word of God, or not?

Old 08-25-2010, 04:04 PM

BTW, in response to your questions to me,

Yes, Jesus and Paul differed considerably

Paul vs. Jesus -- disagreement and contradictions between the Christian founders

Yes, I've read the bible, cover to cover, KJV and NIV. I'm in the process of reading the Torah (kind of old, I've read the old testament), and I've read the Qur'an.

When I read the bible the first time, was when I lost my faith in the Christian God.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
No, the message is same actually with no contradiction. Besides, I never said I believe in Paul's text alone, I believe all of it.
Thats like saying you believe the sky is blue, and purple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity