Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 08:05 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, I will refrain from letting you get under my skin,,,but I will tell you this.

I DO NOT believe in Eternal Torment,,,so preach it to another.

With LOVE...
Wasn't trying to get under you skin. So you believe in annilihation.
So what is better, to exist forever and suffer or not exist at all?
They both suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 09:53 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Wasn't trying to get under you skin. So you believe in annilihation.
Actually, yes. Called conditional immortality.

Quote:
So what is better, to exist forever and suffer or not exist at all?
Doesn't matter what I think. It is the Word that teaches this, from Genesis, to Revelation.

Quote:
They both suck.
Only if you are not in Christ, yes it does.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:10 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Often used in the plural, many still live in the dark ages of ignorance, superstition, social chaos, or that of repression; ever learning, but unable to come to the knowledge of truth.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:31 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Is it just a coincidence that the doctrine of Apocatastasts(or at least a popular form of it) was declared anathema while the doctrine of ET was declared the orthodox position of the Roman Catholic Church at the end of the sixth century, and that the dark ages commenced at the exact same time? I don't think so ...

Also, if ET is true, then the imprisonment and torture of unbelievers really should be something that Christian desire to happen for all people who are not Christian, so that they finally confess that Christ is lord before they die, and escape the everlasting flames of eternal torture when they do finally die.

Also, the killing of young children should not be abhorred, because they are thereby saved from everlasting torture by default if they die before the age of accountability, according to contemporary fundamentalist teachings about who deserves to be tortured for ever after they die. The most merciful thing any Christian could do, if ET were true, would be to imprison and torture unbelievers until they confessed and begged for mercy, and then kill them to insure that they would not later regret their confession.

These are the simply and honest facts ... Abortion would be the surest way to save people, or infanticide for that matter. And imprisonment/torture for the purpose of forced confession would be preferable to allowing people to live and die without confessing and begging mercy from the church and from God. That was the way it was done by the Latin Roman catholic church in the dark ages, and if the ET is the truth, that is the way it should be done now. It would actually be the humane thing to do ...

Food for thought ...
Iron, now take all those thoughts and apply them to freewill no freewill debate.

Example:the killing of young children should not be abhorred because God directed the killings as there is no freewill.

I know this is a little off topic but the point still stands for most UR'er beleive God has His hand in every killing that has ever been from the very beginning of time.

So IMO what you have said here about those who beleive in ET, that they should happy about all these killings of children can easily be said of most of those who beleive in UR. As most UR'er don't beleive in freewill.

So let me ask all you who do not beleive in the freewill of man if you are happy about all the killings of children?

Sorry to say this brother but this thread does more damage to the UR truth then it does to the ET falsehood.

Unless of course you are one of the few of us UR'er who beleive in freewill.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:26 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Have you considered seeking counseling? You seem to have delusionsal thoughts.

Further, I haven't seen anything resembling what your ramble suggests in the Church. You are an odd duck. OTOH maybe your local town is odd. Filled with strange people who have strange beliefs.

Just so you know, the real world is not like that. Praise God!
This certainly is a rude post. You can't refute what Ironmaw has said so you resort to insults and name calling. This is so typical of the ET camp.

Ironmaw is dead right and you know it.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:53 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
So I guess we condone abortion now huh?

The slinging of crude, rude, and irresponsible tactics continue from the UR camp.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:13 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Iron, now take all those thoughts and apply them to freewill no freewill debate.

Example:the killing of young children should not be abhorred because God directed the killings as there is no freewill.

I know this is a little off topic but the point still stands for most UR'er beleive God has His hand in every killing that has ever been from the very beginning of time.

So IMO what you have said here about those who beleive in ET, that they should happy about all these killings of children can easily be said of most of those who beleive in UR. As most UR'er don't beleive in freewill.

So let me ask all you who do not beleive in the freewill of man if you are happy about all the killings of children?

Sorry to say this brother but this thread does more damage to the UR truth then it does to the ET falsehood.

Unless of course you are one of the few of us UR'er who beleive in freewill.
All the human speculation and extrapolation about the Omni's attributed to God are a major stumbling block to understanding and unnecessarily complicate everything. God would not lie . We have Dominion and free will. Could God control ALL things . . . yes. Can He expressly relinquish that control to us . . . yes. Did He . . . yes. Why . . . ??? God knows . . . but He did. I despise it and the evil that is rampant on earth as a result. I still cannot reconcile it all in my soul . . . but that does NOT mean it isn't so. If we are distressed by it . . . God is also.

As regards God "knowing" . . . that is NOT the same as "decreeing." We have free will . . . but we can be influenced by many things including God. The idea that God cannot or does not withhold His power and control is ludicrous. Jesus says we cannot come to Him unless the Father calls us . . . then that's the way it is. But WHAT that means is NOT for us to decide. It certainly cannot mean some simple expression of "belief in" . . . since belief is NOT willful or a choice. We believe what we believe and do not believe what we do not believe. So that as a measure of "coming to Jesus" cannot be it. "Believe on" is more substantive and involves an inner acceptance of a way of life and attitude that is resonant with Jesus and His Holy Spirit. You can't simply claim that, or choose that, or in any way make it true . . . if it isn't. And you cannot deny it . . . if it is true of you. So all this emphasis on what you claim to believe or what religion or non-religion you claim to be is superfluous and irrelevant. You are what you are, period.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:15 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
ET=All bad people

UR=all good people

Give me a break.

I refuted, just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
This certainly is a rude post. You can't refute what Ironmaw has said so you resort to insults and name calling. This is so typical of the ET camp.

Ironmaw is wrong if he thinks ET theology caused the dark Ages.

And it appears you did not read my response to him the next morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
My last post was past my bedtime, but now that I am awake.....

Actually nearly all historians mark the beginning of the dark ages at the fall of Rome in 476AD. The fall of Rome and Barabarian invasions in western Europe, and the destruction of society were the cause, not some pronouncement of the Church.

The Dark Ages

The Dark Ages as a term has undergone many evolutions; its definition depends on who is defining it. Indeed, modern historians no longer use the term because of its negative connotation. Generally, the Dark Ages referred to the period of time ushered in by the fall of the Western Roman Empire. This took place when the last Western emperor, Romulus Augustulus, was deposed by Odoacer, a barbarian. AD 476 was the time of this event.

Also:

Dark Ages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google

Old 08-27-2010, 02:43 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

Wrong this thread attacts ET of Jesus Christ ideas

Old 08-27-2010, 03:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I know this is a little off topic
Men have been murders from the beginning of time. However, within their own contextualizing; they have ascribed the taking of life to that of the Spirit of Life, promptly defending any thought, not at variance with their
own expectations:

"Having a mode of death in their thoughts is primarily obtained through the killing, or consuming of others."

Only in the fleshly mind and body have we ever been separated from Spirit of Life, but the eyes can only see what the mind has, is, or will be prepared to comprehend. Thus, the right, power, or privilege of making a choice requires judgment, because the Sovereignty of the Spirit and the choices of men walk hand and hand. Fortunately, the supreme and unrestricted power of the Spirit will correct every person; each in their own era.

"Death is a consequence, not a cause of things within this life."

Neither, is it eternal for it has a beginning and an end, but no man knows the day or hour of their own death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity