Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:48 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
There won't be any faithful on earth when the Lord comes upon it. They will be taken up prior.

2 Thessalonians 2:8
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
The Amos verse sounds more like AD 70.

Remember - Noah wasn't taken, the wicked were taken.

(PS - I don't believe at all in end time rapture doctrine).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 03:18 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,601 times
A friend here shared this link with me (talking about the "escapist mentality,") it's worth passing on:
PART I

Sparrow,
If you feel like chatting, I'm available; and I'm sure there are others here who are open to it, too..

Blessings,
brian

Old 08-30-2010, 05:17 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
It's like if he shared some of His medicine with me... why am I just clinging to it witha death grip and just wanting to hurry up and get out of here?
This point makes me think we all need to understand what the medicine is and what it does. Sometimes we lose sight of how great a freedom we have access to. It'd like we hold to the medicine but don't benefit from it's full effect because we don't fully understand/accept it.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:28 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
It seems like many of the rapture obsessed long for the day the "bad people" will be put through hell on earth. Why do they long so much for the violence, murders, beheadings, wars, and misery that they say will happen in the tribulation?

It seems very selfish to long for their personal joy knowing that billions will suffer.
I don't think most of them "feel" that way, it's more about them hoping to leave this earth as soon as possible because they have only pretended to find Gods joy on earth.

I feel sorry for them because religion has led them astray and blinded them from that joy in this life through fear.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:07 PM

32 posts, read 31,340 times
Don't worry fellah.The church will be here during that time,they will suffer also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity