Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 10:25 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Divine retribution. Just be patient. It'll hit you like a ton of bricks when it happens. It always happens that way. Some generation or empire of humans thinks there greater and better than God and enjoy their riches and splendor. Then a major earthquake or flood or volcano completely destroys them and their wealthy city to ruins. Check history. It's the same for all the famous Godless societies.
You know, I have this mental image of you, crouching on your sister's sofa, wearing a sweaty wife-beater and grungy jeans and surrounded by McDonald's wrappers and empty Big Gulp cups, gleefully and maniacally hoping for our eventual fiery, tortured, and excruciatingly long death at the hands of your vengeful god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 10:26 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Divine retribution. Just be patient. It'll hit you like a ton of bricks when it happens. It always happens that way. Some generation or empire of humans thinks there greater and better than God and enjoy their riches and splendor. Then a major earthquake or flood or volcano completely destroys them and their wealthy city to ruins. Check history. It's the same for all the famous Godless societies.

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:27 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You know, I have this mental image of you, crouching on your sister's sofa, wearing a sweaty wife-beater and grungy jeans and surrounded by McDonald's wrappers and empty Big Gulp cups, gleefully and maniacally imagining our eventual fiery, tortured, and excruciatingly long death at the hands of your vengeful god.
....and sticking knives in his legs because he enjoyed the burgers.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:30 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It's quite astonishing that in the 21st century there are still people like this walking around!!
People like what?! Are you trying to refute history?!! God has and ALWAYS has been watching the ways of this world!! You think that just because you had a few years of prosperity that the time is not coming?! HA! I laugh at you! There will be no arrogance and pride the day he choses to judge this world with a sign so great it'll make your head spin! There will be no more talk to talk and walk to walk! Everyone will bow and confess the name of the Lord!!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Well, I don't think I'm wicked - so I guess it's okay that I feel at ease! In fact - I'm downright happy!

May I ask you what your purpose is in starting all these threads? It seems that you are antagonizing everyone as opposed to positively influencing anyone. If your goal is to share your faith - you might want to rethink your process.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You know, I have this mental image of you, crouching on your sister's sofa, wearing a sweaty wife-beater and grungy jeans and surrounded by McDonald's wrappers and empty Big Gulp cups, gleefully and maniacally hoping for our eventual fiery, tortured, and excruciatingly long death at the hands of your vengeful god.
Actually I'm young and healthy, very educated, EXTRA clean, my house is always on point, I always smell good, the house always smells good, I dress to impress, no cheeseburger wrappers lying around, and yes, I bow my head, drop to my knees, and pray to the Lord to deliver us from evil.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:33 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
HA! I laugh at you!
Well there's a coincidence!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own!
And you have the right to do that. But guess what? It's not my reality. It's plain reality. Only you cannot see it. But like I said, this is your choice. May God bless you.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
....and sticking knives in his legs because he enjoyed the burgers.
Okay now your just being extra. A knife? Really? Why do I assume you want to stab me with this knife? Otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. This is very sad. I'm just telling God's word. I don't see how that is a cause to hate and want to kill me.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:39 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
HA! I laugh at you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity