Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:52 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
From God's standpoint, all who die without receiving Jesus Christ as Savior are deserving of eternity in the lake of fire and all that it entails.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet (both are human) are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Matthew 25:41 'Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 46 ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.''

Your personal feelings about the matter are completely irrelevent. Who are you to question God? Reality is what it is. And the reality is that all who die without Jesus Christ are eterally lost. This is a matter and a function of God's perfect holiness. Again, who are you to question God's holiness? You do not even understand it. And who are you to make Jesus out to be a liar? He spoke quite plainly and clearly about the eternal future that awaits those who die without having received Him as Savior, in the lake of fire.
Well thanks for telling us want you believe about Gods standpoint. So according to you God thinks all humans deserve to be tortured, or burned alive for ever unless they make a free will choice to believe in Christ. That is what you believe about God, that he hates humanity, his very own creation.

So in effect, even though you refuse to admit it, you believe that anyone who is not a Christian deserve to be tortured and burned alive. We know where you are mike, we know what is in your heart. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Your heart is hard as stone and filled with violence and death. When you look around you everyday in the world, you see that three out of four people will end up burning for eternity is conscious torture. And that is just fine with you. They deserve it, according to you.

Its not about questioning God, its about questioning the false doctrines and traditions of men which teach that God desires to torture most humans who have ever existed throughout eternity.

The scriptures are written in such a way as to reveal the heart of man. Either you see eternal evil, hate, and everlasting violence, or you see eternal Good, love and mercy. Depending on what is in your heart, you will come away with a different understanding concerning God. It is clear as a bell what is in your heart.

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-05-2010 at 10:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 09:57 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Well thanks for telling us want you believe about Gods standpoint. So according to you God thinks all humans deserve to be tortured, or burned alive for ever unless they make a free will choice to believe in Christ. That is what you believe about God, that he hates humanity, his very own creation.

So in effect, even though you refuse to admit it, you believe unbelievers deserve to be tortured and burned alive. We know where you are mike, we know what is in your heart. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Peace ...
You see the Scripture, you ignore the Scripture. What you continue to make clear to all who read your posts (expect for those who are like you) is that you reject the plain revelation of Scripture. Your beliefs are contrary to the revealed word of God.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:12 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
From God's standpoint, all who die without receiving Jesus Christ as Savior are deserving of eternity in the lake of fire and all that it entails.
And you wonder why so many find your god so distasteful. No matter how one lives their life, if they don't perform the right rituals, say the right words, then it's off to the lake of fire. Very myopic of your god don't you think, but it is effective in delivering the "fear" message ain't it.

Also very myopic of the followers that can't see beyond the bully tactics of the constant threat of this lake of fire.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:31 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
You see the Scripture, you ignore the Scripture. What you continue to make clear to all who read your posts (expect for those who are like you) is that you reject the plain revelation of Scripture. Your beliefs are contrary to the revealed word of God.
Maybe ... Maybe i am wrong. But i don't think so, though at least i can admit that i might be wrong.

You on the other hand have an unteachable spirit and are not able to even admit that you might be wrong, like so many others.

Jesus is on the outside knocking to be let into your heart. You have left the love of Christ which the church had in the beginning.

To quote Frank Herbert from his book, the children of Dune, the words of Muad'Dib to the fallen priesthood of the religion of Muad'Dib,"holiness has replaced love in your religion".

I have never once seen you post a single thing about the love and mercy of God in Christ. Everything you post is about everlasting evil and condemnation of most of the world for eternity. You are under so much condemnation, but you cant even see it. A white washed tomb stone, apparently clean on the outside, but inside your full of violence and death and corruption.

I don't necessarily blame you, because God has hardened your heart. He has sent you strong delusion to believe a lie because you prefer the lie of eternal evil and everlasting torture to the truth of the limitless mercy of God and his true and unconditional love for all people. However, I will trust in the living God, who will have all people to be saved, including you regardless of your poisonous doctrine of hate and violence.

Nemaste ...

Old 09-05-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And you wonder why so many find your god so distasteful. No matter how one lives their life, if they don't perform the right rituals, say the right words, then it's off to the lake of fire. Very myopic of your god don't you think, but it is effective in delivering the "fear" message ain't it.

Also very myopic of the followers that can't see beyond the bully tactics of the constant threat of this lake of fire.
Ritual has nothing to do with anything. The only issue is will you just take the free gift of salvation which God extends to you through simple faith in Christ.

How you live your life has no bearing on your eternal salvation. Some of the most moral people in the world will spend eternity in the lake of fire. Man's relative human righteousness has no compatabililty with the perfect absolute righteousness of God. To spend eternity with God you need to have a life that is equal to God's and a righteousness which is equal to God's. It is only when a person believes in Jesus Christ for salvation that God judicially imputes both His eternal life and His perfect righteousness to that individual giving him positionally a perfect standing before God. God cannot and will not compromise His perfect character to save anyone apart from the way which His holiness permits Him to do. The same holiness which condemns the unbeliever to eternity in the lake of fire guarantess the eternal security of those who have believed in Christ for salvation.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:17 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
The man who says, "Believe as I do, or God will damn you" merely reflects his own bias.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:49 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Ritual has nothing to do with anything. The only issue is will you just take the free gift of salvation which God extends to you through simple faith in Christ.

How you live your life has no bearing on your eternal salvation. Some of the most moral people in the world will spend eternity in the lake of fire.
Yes, that was the point I brought up about your god, a petty fear mongering bully. As Ironmaw1776 posted a few posts back, you are in a dark dark place solely coveting the negatives. Just like the cowards that praised the bullies is school, simply so the bully doesn't beat him up.

And it ain't no 'free gift of salvation' as one has to give up a great deal of their ability to think and reason to believe in any god, and to follow the god you believe in, one has to go into a sinister and foreboding place, which is just a preposterous choice.

A great man once said "there is nothing to fear, but fear itself" and you have immersed yourself in an ocean of self-imposed fear.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:51 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The man who says, "Believe as I do, or God will damn you" merely reflects his own bias.
Great post!

My father used to say that the only people he was bigotted towards were bigots! My father was a funny man.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Maybe ... Maybe i am wrong. But i don't think so, though at least i can admit that i might be wrong.
Yes. You are wrong. Your words in your posts and your attitude belie your statement that you can admit you are wrong.

Quote:
You on the other hand have an unteachable spirit and are not able to even admit that you might be wrong, like so many others.
I am not wrong. Nor can I be deceived by those who are but puppets of Satan who wishes to prevent those who he may from realizing the importance of receiving Christ as Savior before they die, because there are no opportunities to be saved after death.

For the believer to have a teachable spirit he must be under the control of the indwelling Holy Spirit. The means by which this is accomplished is by utilizing the principle of 1 John 1:9 to simply name your known sins to God. This takes the believer out from under the control of his old sin nature and back under the control of God the Holy Spirit. This is called the filling of the Spirit. The believer is commanded to be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). The believer who is filled with the Holy Spirit is enabled to understand the spritual phenomenon which is Bible doctrine.

For more information on this most basic of Bible doctrines, simply refer to the following link...

Doctrine of Rebound (http://jrcyouth.com/love1.htm - broken link)

Quote:
Jesus is on the outside knocking to be let into your heart. You have left the love of Christ which the church had in the beginning.
To whom does the hatred belong? To those who warn the lost of their condition so that they may understand the issue and escape the eternal future of the lost through faith in Christ, or to those who continually mislead others into thinking that everyone will eventually be saved when the reality is that those who die without Christ will spend eternity in the lake of fire?

Quote:
To quote Frank Herbert from his book, the children of Dune, the words of Muad'Dib to the fallen priesthood of the religion of Muad'Dib,"holiness has replaced love in your religion".
God does not and cannot compromise His holiness on the basis of His love. God's love motivated Him to provide the means of salvation, but it was His holiness that actually made salvation possible. It is that same holiness that demands the the unbeliever remain eternally separated from God in the lake of fire.

Quote:
I have never once seen you post a single thing about the love and mercy of God in Christ. Everything you post is about everlasting evil and condemnation of most of the world for eternity. You are under so much condemnation, but you cant even see it. A white washed tomb stone, apparently clean on the outside, but inside your full of violence and death and corruption.
Then you have not read enough of my posts. The solution is to simply go back and read them.

Quote:
I don't necessarily blame you, because God has hardened your heart. He has sent you strong delusion to believe a lie because you prefer the lie of eternal evil and everlasting torture to the truth of the limitless mercy of God and his true and unconditional love for all people. However, I will trust in the living God, who will have all people to be saved, including you regardless of your poisonous doctrine of hate and violence.
From the lips of Jesus Himself. Matthew 25:41 ''Then He (Jesus referring to Himself) will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 46] ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.'' It wasn't Frank Herbert who wrote those words in the Bible, it was God Himself through the apostle Matthew.

God does not harden the hearts of those who believe His word. He hardens the hearts of those who have first already rejected the truth.

Scripture after Scripture make it abundantly clear that there are many who will never be saved. Universalists are in direct contradition of the stated word of God.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Yes, that was the point I brought up about your god, a petty fear mongering bully. As Ironmaw1776 posted a few posts back, you are in a dark dark place solely coveting the negatives. Just like the cowards that praised the bullies is school, simply so the bully doesn't beat him up.

And it ain't no 'free gift of salvation' as one has to give up a great deal of their ability to think and reason to believe in any god, and to follow the god you believe in, one has to go into a sinister and foreboding place, which is just a preposterous choice.

A great man once said "there is nothing to fear, but fear itself" and you have immersed yourself in an ocean of self-imposed fear.
Only a fool says there is no God. Many simply don't want to admit that there is a Supreme Being to whom they must answer. This is pride and arrogance. If you will not believe in God and specifically in Christ now while you can, then you will learn all about the reality of the lake of fire first hand. Not a fear tactic. Just a statement of what awaits those who refuse to believe. The issue of believing in Jesus Christ is the most important decision you will ever make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity