Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 05:32 PM

32,928 posts, read 26,160,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm not saying you are filled with hatred. I think you have made assumptions about people that you know nothing about but I never mentioned hatred. Mean - maybe a little. But I don't think your intention was to be nice.
Oh - and I'm not a fella.
You are also not the person to whom that post was addressed. Go back and take a look at post 46.

Last edited by Michael Way; 09-05-2010 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 06:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
There’s nothing like an offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride.
However, you are not a fool just because you have said something foolish in an arrogant manner, only if the folly of it escapes you.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:42 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,483,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Universalism is a Satanic attack on the truth.

No, all men are not brothers. At its most basic, the human race is split into those who belong to God through faith in Christ and therefore have eternal life, and those who belong to Satan and are under condemnation (John 3:18; 3:36).

And all men are not equal. All men do not possess equal intelligence, or health, or talents, or anything else.

God does not interfere with human volition. God extends the offer of salvation to all, but man can refuse the offer.

John 5:40 ''and you are unwilling to come to Me that you may have life.''

Acts 7:51 ''You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are alwys resisting the Holy Spirit

Man must make the choice to believe in Christ for salvation or to reject Christ and remain under eternal condemnation. John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him (forever).'' That is the choice which must be made before a person departs from this life. Afterwards, it is too late.

Universalism is not Christian and is in direct contradiction with the revealed word of God.
I understand, I once believed the same thing.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:57 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,436,651 times
Quote:
Only a fool says there is no God. Many simply don't want to admit that there is a Supreme Being to whom they must answer. This is pride and arrogance. If you will not believe in God and specifically in Christ now while you can, then you will learn all about the reality of the lake of fire first hand. Not a fear tactic. Just a statement of what awaits those who refuse to believe. The issue of believing in Jesus Christ is the most important decision you will ever make.
I choose not to self delude myself. Reality is fine, reality works, reality is ..... well... reality, gods are not.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:18 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Your words are a perfect example of the bigotry and hate and the sinister nature of traditional fundamentalist Christianity, i appreciate your participation in this thread.
Peace ...
How did you manage to get the worst religious bigot to post so openly in this thread, Iron . . . there couldn't be a better example of it.
Quote:

No, all men are not brothers. At its most basic, the human race is split into those who belong to God through faith in Christ and therefore have eternal life, and those who belong to Satan and are under condemnation (John 3:18; 3:36).

And all men are not equal. All men do not possess equal intelligence, or health, or talents, or anything else.
How do you beat this little diatribe for divisiveness and lack of "love for each other?" It virtually assures that those who adhere to this evil doctrine will never achieve "love of God and each other." Now who's agenda would that serve?

Old 09-05-2010, 07:52 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,285,343 times
Quote:

God does not interfere with human volition. God extends the offer of salvation to all, but man can refuse the offer.

John 5:40 ''and you are unwilling to come to Me that you may have life.''

Acts 7:51 ''You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are alwys resisting the Holy Spirit

Man must make the choice to believe in Christ for salvation or to reject Christ and remain under eternal condemnation. John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him (forever).'' That is the choice which must be made before a person departs from this life. Afterwards, it is too late.

Universalism is not Christian and is in direct contradiction with the revealed word of God.
AMEN Mike!!!

Old 09-05-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN Mike!!!
Another one . . . two in the same thread . . . as if there was any need for more examples.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:35 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,285,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Another one . . . two in the same thread . . . as if there was any need for more examples.
Matthew 7:6

Old 09-05-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Matthew 7:6
Matthew 7:1-5

Old 09-05-2010, 09:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,085,109 times
Personally, I don't thin that being an evangelical or fundamentalist makes you bigotted - but I think that many people justify their prejudices with their religion. And this is not to say ALL do this - but some. There are some prejudiced people that aren't religious at all. Bigots will be bigots no matter what.
However, I do find it funny that people on this thread aren't saying that they aren't bigotted - but that they are right to be bigotted. That certain people deserve to be looked down upon. That I find humorous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity