Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:54 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,935,866 times

Advertisements

I am a 26 year-old male and grew up in a Christian conservative household, and I am physically attracted to the same sex. I even went to CCD every Sunday, got confirmed and regularly prayed to God. I never consciously chose to be this way, but I am this way. I can't even tell apart from an attractive woman to an average looking woman. However, I can easily identify an attractive man versus a not-so-attractive man. I simply have no desire to be with a woman. I do have a desire to be with another man, though.

Does this mean that I will not make it to God's kingdom when I die? The Bible doesn't state that being gay is wrong, but does mention that "lying with mankind as with womankind is an abomination." Does this mean that I have to suppress my feelings and be single forever? Or, should I pretend to like women so that I can have a family someday and never tell my wife that I'm actually attracted to men?

What am I supposed to do? Please help. I don't want to go to hell.

I want a true Christian to tell me how to handle this situation.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:22 PM

823 posts, read 1,400,202 times
I had a friend that met her husband at her Christian Church. They had a son together and one day she returned home early from a business trip only to find her husband in bed with another man.

Her husband tried to supress his gay side but he just could not. He should have never married her in the first place.

I believe that God loves all of his children and I personally would never judge you. I wonder if our sexuality remains as male / female in the spirit world? After all we will not be reproducing in Heaven. I believe that you feel the way you do not because you want to but because that is what is in your genes.....the genes that God gave you.

God Bless you on this journey.

PS: Pray to God for his Love to come in an fill your soul...... do this often, listen and trust in him and he will guide you!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:41 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,420 times
nep321, your very dear to God whether your gay or straight. You can't even begin to imagine how much He loves you. Your NOT going to hell, I promise.

Just lift the burden you have to Him, ask Him to mold you in His image and to give you a heart of love for others and be thankful every day for everything He has given you.

The devil will try to convince you that your damned. Thats his job though so don't give in to his lies.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:53 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,498,990 times
I have always said that you cannot change your sexuality any more than you could have chosen your parents or your eye color..Go about your life with respect for other peoples opinions and show your belief in Christ through your words, deeds and actions..I know many homosexuals who are wonderful people and keep their sexuality and experiences to them selves as I think everyone should..It is no ones business what a person does in privacy.

Gods love for you is stronger than anything man creates to scare you into his interpretation about what awaits you in the afterlife.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:06 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,396,941 times
My pastor once said that our sins are there every morning even when we pray at night. One time prayer will not help us to overcome our struggle of sin, but to repent them every morning is opportunity to share them with our Lord Jesus Christ. I think what he said is true and has made a huge impact in my life. I personally don't think that God wants us to suppress it but he doesn't want us to express it in a unhealthy way either. I think God wants us to come to him, humbly and in brokenness.

You are in my prayer, brother.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:12 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,940,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I am a 26 year-old male and grew up in a Christian conservative household, and I am physically attracted to the same sex. I even went to CCD every Sunday, got confirmed and regularly prayed to God. I never consciously chose to be this way, but I am this way. I can't even tell apart from an attractive woman to an average looking woman. However, I can easily identify an attractive man versus a not-so-attractive man. I simply have no desire to be with a woman. I do have a desire to be with another man, though.

Does this mean that I will not make it to God's kingdom when I die? The Bible doesn't state that being gay is wrong, but does mention that "lying with mankind as with womankind is an abomination." Does this mean that I have to suppress my feelings and be single forever? Or, should I pretend to like women so that I can have a family someday and never tell my wife that I'm actually attracted to men?

What am I supposed to do? Please help. I don't want to go to hell.

I want a true Christian to tell me how to handle this situation.
I'm giving you bible-talk; it's the Word of God. You may indeed have been born gay. You need a real man of God, one with the real gifts of the Spirit, to lay hands on you to bring those desire to normal. Meanwhile, while you may have these desires for the same sex, you must refrain from acting upon them. You will be tempted, but submit to God and resist the devil.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:23 PM

309 posts, read 1,210,277 times
Greetings,
All the gay men and women I have counseled, are so lost and confused. Could it be a spirit of Lust on you? Your Redeemed until your last breath, then you meet God. Absent from here, Present with the Lord. Wether u believe in him or not. and the Bible does say not to have sex with the same sex.
I would be Praying - what kind of assignment God has for you, for the ole devil to be this scared of you.
Your under a huge attack, to hinder your walk with God, to stop what plans God has for u. and to take your salvation away. Do not let anything in this world take away your seat in Heaven.
Go on a fast, Pray like Queen Esther did and I cant imagine that u cant feel some sort of victory, and most of all get a group of intercessors to Pray for you. Ask God for the fiery darts of satan to bounce off of you. Dress your self with The Whole Armor Of God.
Moderator cut: baiting
Be Blessed

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-01-2010 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: no reason to ask for trouble when there was none ..okay?

Old 09-01-2010, 01:30 PM

621 posts, read 1,209,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

Do you want to be gay?

I know it probably sounds like an irrelevant question, because you already know you are gay. But how you progress in your life from this point forward depends on how you answer that question. First, I don't believe being gay is wrong. I don't really know that you will find many Christians who actually believe it is. However, you will encounter those who tell you that acting upon your feelings, such as by engaging in sexual activity with another man, is a totally different matter - and that's when you're going to start facing a lot of confusing messages from different people. Some people are going to encourage you to embrace who you are, telling you it's not wrong or sinful to act upon it. Others will say you're an abomination and must repress what you're feeling and live a life of celibacy. Who are you going to listen to? How are you going to determine if they are right or wrong? You need to answer those questions. And as I said above, how you answer the question of "do I want to be gay" will influence the level of your desire to know the truth. So above all, pray to God for His guidance and ask that He alone leads you to the truth.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:56 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,935,866 times
The concept of a homosexual not making it into heaven just sounds like a manmade law. Does this mean that in the future, when my family goes to heaven, I will not be there with them? I can't imagine them living a happy life in heaven with their son not being there, because he was gay back on Earth. I mean....really.

An estimated 5% of the world population is gay, possibly up to 10%. Does this mean that 350 million people who currently walk the Earth are destined to go to hell?

Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 PM

2,515 posts, read 5,021,659 times
The word that has been translated in that passage as 'abomination' is a subject of much debate; see religioustolerance.org for more information.

One Jewish friend of mine says that the original Hebrew meaning of that passage is that homosexuality is a private matter between the people involved and God, and all others are instructed to mind their own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.