Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:52 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Yeah that's probably the craziest thing I've read on this board to date. I agree, not happening.
Everyone (including Satan) who enters the lake of fire which is the second death will be saved out of it.

L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 1
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - part 2
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - Part 3
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire part 4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 12:02 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
This is what I've been trying to tell you. That is why there will be those that are lost.
Lost? I think not! I have a clear view of reality, I'm not following a myth into the land of fables. It is not the non-believer that is lost, but those following the myth.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:09 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Satan will be saved. As will everyone else who needs saving.

RECONCILIATION IN THE HEAVENS
Reconciliation in the Heavens
It will happen ... God was, in Christ, reconciling everything to himself. The restoration of ALL THINGS will happen ...

Acts 3:21

whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

Christ says he is making everything new ...

Revelation
21:5

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

There is coming a time when everything will be restored and all things will find their head in one together in Christ, after which God shall be all and in all things.

Ephesians 1:10
to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment--to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:25-28

For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everythinghas been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

This is the mystery kept hidden since ancient times.

Ephesians 3:9

and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

God spoke this mystery out of the mouth of his holy prophets in ancient times ...

Quote:

Psa 22:27
All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.

Psa 66:4
"All the earth will worship You, And will sing praises to You; They will sing praises to Your name." Selah.

Psa 67:4
Let the nations be glad and sing for joy; For You will judge the peoples with uprightness And guide the nations on the earth. Selah.

(Why should the people of the world sing for joy if Gods judgments amount to most of humanity being tortured and or annihilated?)

Psa 98:4
Shout to the LORD, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!

Psa 145:3-9
Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;his greatness no one can fathom.
One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.
They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They will celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.
The Lord is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made. <----------- !!!!!!
All you have made will praise you, O Lord; <----------- !!!!!!
your saints will extol you.

Isa 26:19
But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

Isa 45:23
By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 AM

Exclamation And none of this will occur by "chance"

Originally Posted by rodgertutt
Quote:
Satan will be saved.
As will everyone else who needs saving.
RECONCILIATION IN THE HEAVENS
Originally Posted by Ironmaw
Quote:
It will happen ... God was, in Christ, reconciling ALL to Himself.
The restoration of ALL will happen ...
whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

Christ says He is making everything new ...
Revelation 21:5
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

There is coming a time when everything will be restored and all will find their head in one together in Christ, after which God shall be All and in all.
Ephesians 1:10
to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment--to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:25-28
For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For He “has put everything under His feet.”
Now when it says that “everything” has been put under Him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to Him who put everything under Him, so that God may be All in all.

This is the mystery kept hidden since ancient times.
Ephesians 3:9
and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.
God spoke this mystery out of the mouth of his holy prophets in ancient times ...

Quote:
Psa 22:27
All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will worship before You.
Psa 66:4
"All the earth will worship You, and will sing praises to You; They will sing praises to Your name." Selah.
Psa 67:4
Let the nations be glad and sing for joy; For You will judge the peoples with uprightness And guide the nations on the earth. Selah.

(Why should the people of the world sing for joy if Gods judgments amount to most of humanity being tortured and or annihilated?)

Psa 98:4
Shout to the LORD, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!
Psa 145:3-9
Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom.
One generation will commend Your works to another;
they will tell of Your mighty acts.
They will speak of the glorious splendor of Your majesty,
and I will meditate on Your wonderful works.
They will tell of the power of Your awesome works,
and I will proclaim Your great deeds.
They will celebrate Your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of Your righteousness.
The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.
The Lord is good to all;
He has compassion on all He has made. <----------- !!!!!!
All you have made will praise you, O Lord. <----------- !!!!!!

Isa 26:19
But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy.
Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

Isa 45:23
By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return:
‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.'
Phil. 2:11 'Every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.'
And we know that anyone who acclaims that Jesus Christ is Lord, especially when it is to God's glory without any hypocrisy is saved for 1Corinthians 12:3 says so.

Great post Ironmaw!!

One additional thought in keeping with the subject title of this thread.
No one will be saved by being given a "chance."
Everyone who needs saving will be saved right on schedule -- God's schedule.
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-19-2010 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-19-2010, 06:08 PM

Lightbulb The restoration of all things by the mouth of prophets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
It will happen ... God was, in Christ, reconciling everything to himself. The restoration of ALL will happen ...

In anticipation of objections to Ironmaw using the above scripture in support of UR, here is a snippet from Canadian George Hawtin's writing
THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS.

Starting with the second paragraph George wrote.

"Some will no doubt reply to this by stating, as many do, that Peter was not promising that God would restore everything but only those things of which the prophets had spoken. I wish, however, to show as clearly as possible that the grammatical construction of this sentence declares the exact opposite to be the truth. I mean that Peter was actually saying that all the prophets from the beginning of the world had prophesied that there would be a restoration of all things and that the restoration would indeed be universal and would include all things."

The rest of George's exposition can be read here.
The Restitution of All Things By George Hawtin

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-19-2010 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 11-19-2010, 06:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
"Where two or three are gathered."

Old 11-23-2010, 07:59 PM

Default The restoration of ALL will happen but not by "chance"

Quote:
It will happen ... God was, in Christ, reconciling everything to Himself. The restoration of ALL will happen ...
NO SECOND “CHANCE” TO BE SAVED

Continuing with the same theme:

Ray Prinzing (my hero and mentor) wrote in his daily devotional book called DAILY OVERCOMING that I read today.

“The process of salvation is wrought out "every man in his own order."
Jesus clearly taught that "no man can come to Me unless the Father Who sent me draw him," giving indication that the initiative for salvation is God's as He causes us to come to Jesus in His time, to be in that order, that rank that He determined for us.
But He also made it clear, regardless of the timing of our call
"As it is written in the prophets, they shall all be taught of God." John 6:44,45 (end of quote)

PS: All of Ray Prinzing’s writings can be read on the internet.

“That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ.”
Eph. 1:12

WHY WE STARTED TO TRUST IN JESUS WHEN WE DID START TRUSTING IN HIM
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 6 - Judgment and Indignation

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-23-2010 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-29-2010, 05:48 AM

Lightbulb Our saviour -- god

Quote:
It will happen ... God was, in Christ, reconciling everything to himself. The restoration of ALL will happen ...
OUR SAVIOUR -- GOD

We are not saved by being given a "chance."

Here is a snippet from OUR SAVIOUR GOD by James Coram

"The grace of God is effective, not merely potential.
Faith is God’s gracious gift to us, with which He overwhelms our former unbelief, imparting to all whom He calls a measure thereof, whenever it delights Him to unveil His Son in us (cf Phil.1:29; 1 Tim.1:13-16; Rom.12:3; Gal. 1:15,16)

This proves that salvation is not a refusable offer, and that faith is not spiritual currency.
Faith is not meritorious. Accepting Christ is not a transaction.
Salvation is a gracious gift, not a covenant or agreement.
Those who are yet of a mind to “strike a deal” with God, are in no mood to acknowledge their need of a Saviour."

OUR SAVIOUR GOD
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 1 - Our Saviour God

Old 12-04-2010, 06:07 AM

Lightbulb There is no "chance" involved in our salvation

Quote:
THERE IS NO "CHANCE" INVOLVED IN OUR SALVATION

Here's a snippet from James Coram's HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 1 - Our Saviour God

"The prevailing idea today is that God saves us (from “eternal punishment”) only after we first save ourselves from being disqualified
for His alleged “gift.” While He wishes to assist us even in this, He will only do so if we are willing and cooperative. One must save himself from unwillingness they say.

So finally, we are left on our own. When we need Him the most, He will do nothing.
That is: God helps those who help themselves.

But we must not boast of what we have “let” the Lord do in our lives. Submission to Him can never afford us an occasion for self-boasting,
but only a further opportunity to thank God for His saving grace.
It wounds our self-respect to think that we might actually need such a gracious and powerful provision.

And when we recognize God’s true grace, it cuts ever so deeply into our pride.

Many are ready to assure us that such grace is neither given nor needed.
We find such claims to be quite flattering; they make it easier for us to preserve our self-reliant attitudes and ways."

Old 12-07-2010, 01:25 PM

Lightbulb God's love guarantees a "chanceless" salvation

GOD'S LOVE GUARANTEES A "CHANCELESS" SALVATION

Here is a snippet from James Coram's HUMAN LOVE AND FREEDOM
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 5 - Human Love and Freedom

"When we ask the question, Why? we are often inquiring concerning the purpose of something that has occurred. That which has a purpose is purposed to occur—it is caused to occur for a specific purpose.

It is evident that whatever occurs for a purpose takes place due to a cause, for it is absurd to conceive of a thing of chance having a purpose.

Why? is frequently asked as well when seeking for an explanation, for that which will account for or reveal the particular cause of an occurrence.

The word “why” always presupposes causality; it merely seeks to know the particulars involved in a certain matter.

Anyone who believes in free will should never ask, Why? concerning any of life’s affairs.

Though God certainly has not forced us to love Him, or rather merely to pretend to do so, nonetheless, He has introduced a myriad of influences into our lives which He has wisely designed in such a way that they are certain to affect us so that we genuinely and voluntarily love our Subjector.
For “the grace of our Lord overwhelms, with faith and love in Christ Jesus” (1 Tim.1:14). (end quote)

Sooner or later, with or without the use of kolasis aionion (age-during corrective punishment) God's love, according to God's timing for each individual, will save everyone from everything from which they need to be saved, especially their stubborn will.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-07-2010 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: spacing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity