U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2010, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 859,894 times
Reputation: 134

Advertisements

This is a six part video that I thought some of you would enjoy!!!

WARNING:God's Sabbath being preached below


YouTube - AmazingFacts-Bricks without Strawpt1 of 6.flv


YouTube - AmazingFacts-Bricks without Strawpt2 of 6.flv


YouTube - AmazingFacts-Bricks without Strawpt3 of 6.flv


YouTube - AmazingFacts-Bricks without Strawpt4 of 6.flv


YouTube - AmazingFacts-Bricks without Strawpt5 of 6.flv


YouTube - AmazingFacts-Bricks without Strawpt6 of 6.flv


GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Last edited by june 7th; 09-04-2010 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: Color red is only supposed to be used by mods for "mod cuts." Please use other color. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2010, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,582,100 times
Reputation: 1584
7th Day Adventists are very slick salesmen. I have been through their seminar a long time ago and just about got sucked in. They'll take you through just about every book in the bible in one sermon, which takes talent. But I still think (know) that they are under the yoke of bondage to the law in the end. That's why they could not "hook me". They told me I needed to give up soft drinks, coffee and wearing my wedding ring!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2010, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 859,894 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
7th Day Adventists are very slick salesmen. I have been through their seminar a long time ago and just about got sucked in. They'll take you through just about every book in the bible in one sermon, which takes talent. But I still think (know) that they are under the yoke of bondage to the law in the end. That's why they could not "hook me". They told me I needed to give up soft drinks, coffee and wearing my wedding ring!
I am not a seventh day adventist, and this video has nothing to do with soda, coffee, or rings!! I believe they understand the truth, but were deceived by a false prophet who told them that it was commanded to eat healthy as spoken of in the old testament!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2010, 02:49 PM
 
701 posts, read 659,433 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
7th Day Adventists are very slick salesmen. I have been through their seminar a long time ago and just about got sucked in. They'll take you through just about every book in the bible in one sermon, which takes talent. But I still think (know) that they are under the yoke of bondage to the law in the end. That's why they could not "hook me". They told me I needed to give up soft drinks, coffee and wearing my wedding ring!
I am a Seventh Day Adventist, 3rd generation. You do not have to give up any of those things in order to be an Adventist. My uncle is an SDA pastor and while he doesn't wear a wedding ring, his wife does. I also have a cousin who is an SDA pastor and both him and his wife wear there wedding rings. There are most certainly SDA's out there who are "ultra-conservative" as is the case with every religion on earth, but the views of SOME, don't mean that they are the views of the WHOLE organization. I have yet to meet a single Christian that could tell me which of the 10 commandments, by following, has me "under a yoke of bondage". It still baffles me that well meaning Christians can take the 10 Commandments, which tell us how to relate to God and each other, and call them "yokes of bondage". Do married people call their wedding vows "yokes of bondage", ok bad example for some maybe But you can see the point right?

Last edited by HalfNelson; 09-04-2010 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2010, 10:52 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,582,100 times
Reputation: 1584
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
I am a Seventh Day Adventist, 3rd generation. You do not have to give up any of those things in order to be an Adventist. My uncle is an SDA pastor and while he doesn't wear a wedding ring, his wife does. I also have a cousin who is an SDA pastor and both him and his wife wear there wedding rings. There are most certainly SDA's out there who are "ultra-conservative" as is the case with every religion on earth, but the views of SOME, don't mean that they are the views of the WHOLE organization. I have yet to meet a single Christian that could tell me which of the 10 commandments, by following, has me "under a yoke of bondage". It still baffles me that well meaning Christians can take the 10 Commandments, which tell us how to relate to God and each other, and call them "yokes of bondage". Do married people call their wedding vows "yokes of bondage", ok bad example for some maybe But you can see the point right?
So long as one is loyal to a particular DENOMINATION - they are able to be offended by the tipping over of sacred cows. I find the SDA church deceptive - especially their view on the mark of the beast. Every group has a certain way they filter out the "unclean". That never changes with organized religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2010, 08:30 AM
 
701 posts, read 659,433 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
So long as one is loyal to a particular DENOMINATION - they are able to be offended by the tipping over of sacred cows. I find the SDA church deceptive - especially their view on the mark of the beast. Every group has a certain way they filter out the "unclean". That never changes with organized religion.
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to say in your first sentence. Could you please clarify for me, because it went right over my head. As for the rest, what is it about the SDA view on the mark of the beast that you find "deceptive"? In what way are they trying to "deceive" people? Honest questions here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 859,894 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to say in your first sentence. Could you please clarify for me, because it went right over my head. As for the rest, what is it about the SDA view on the mark of the beast that you find "deceptive"? In what way are they trying to "deceive" people? Honest questions here.
I've been waiting a long time to hear a response to this question.... LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2011, 04:51 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,582,100 times
Reputation: 1584
In short, I was saying that the 7th Day Adventists think that because they supposedly keep all of the law perfectly that that proves they are the TRUE church. What I see in the denomination is legalism and boasting. There is a form of pride involved, but it is subtle. It seems that hardest thing for God is to convince man that Salvation is by GRACE alone. There is something in man that just wants a little bit if credit for having done something for the gift of God, as if man wants to prove to God that he is just a tiny bit better than the next guy. Sorry I didn't see this post back when it was posted. I sometimes go away and threads slip away and I do not realize someone is waiting for a response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,246,564 times
Reputation: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
I've been waiting a long time to hear a response to this question.... LOL
D A L E ! ! ! Wow...welcome back!!! Woo-Hoo! \o/...a long lost friend is back!!!! Yea!!!

God Bless you! Love you!
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2011, 08:10 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,295 posts, read 20,040,776 times
Reputation: 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
I am a Seventh Day Adventist, 3rd generation. You do not have to give up any of those things in order to be an Adventist. My uncle is an SDA pastor and while he doesn't wear a wedding ring, his wife does. I also have a cousin who is an SDA pastor and both him and his wife wear there wedding rings. There are most certainly SDA's out there who are "ultra-conservative" as is the case with every religion on earth, but the views of SOME, don't mean that they are the views of the WHOLE organization. I have yet to meet a single Christian that could tell me which of the 10 commandments, by following, has me "under a yoke of bondage". It still baffles me that well meaning Christians can take the 10 Commandments, which tell us how to relate to God and each other, and call them "yokes of bondage". Do married people call their wedding vows "yokes of bondage", ok bad example for some maybe But you can see the point right?
I know two from the scriptures(Paul & Silas) that said it was a yoke that neither of them or their forefathers were able to keep. Jesus said MY yoke was easy for a reason, obviously the yoke that was former wasn't and it produced death in us too.


Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses.”
now, therefore, why do ye tempt God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?Acts 15 :5&10


My yoke is easy Matt 11:28

I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.Romans 7:10

By the way marriage is not a law it's union. I and the Father are One.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top