U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-08-2010, 12:20 PM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 2,637,501 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I believe the Jews would beg to differ on your assessment there. Christianity, in no way, has anything to do with Judiasm. They are still waiting for their Messiah because Jesus, in no way whatsoever, fulfilled any of the Messianic prophecies of the Jews. Talk to a Rabbi and he'll set you straight on that matter.
I am Jewish and no, the Jews are not waiting for the Messiah. Most have become agnostic or athieistic. They have fallen away.

Who is a Rabbi that anyone should listen to them? What person should I calll Rabbi (master) when the bible is clear that we call no man master. Those who call themselves Rabbi or take this tittle should be ashamed of themselves.

Jesus fullfilled many of the prophesies, but if you read the text many are yet to be fullfilled when he returns.

But, see these:

They part my garments among them, andcast lots upon my vesture. (Psalms 22:18) - Fullfilled by the Roman centurions at Jesus' crucifiction.

For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. (Psalms 22:16) - Fullfilled when they pierced Jesus' hands and feet with nails upon the cross.

And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. (Isaiah 53:9) - Fullfill by Jesus being crucified with two thieves and buried in the personal tomb of Joseph of Aremethia at his death.

 
Old 09-08-2010, 12:25 PM
 
4,883 posts, read 5,308,437 times
Reputation: 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I am Jewish and no, the Jews are not waiting for the Messiah. Most have become agnostic or athieistic. They have fallen away.
Christianity is next, no joke either.
 
Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 PM
 
12,647 posts, read 6,486,069 times
Reputation: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Wrong, wrong, WRONG!!!
To the contrary. The triune God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Three in Persons, One in Essence.

Quote:
Luke 18: 18-19
Translation: Don't call me "good". God is the only one that is "good"; I am not God.
Jesus was by no means denying His deity. The young ruler who approached Jesus as recorded in Matthew 19:16 considered Jesus to be only a man. And yet he had called Jesus good. Jesus' reply to him that there is only one who is good was a reference to the absolute and perfect righteousness that extrinsically belongs only to the three members of the Godhead.




Quote:
Luke 18: 20
What about that first commandment?
Deuteronomy 5: 6-7
Translation: Anyone other than the God that greeted Moses is a false God. Jesus wasn't even born yet when Moses walked the Earth.
Jesus is the name of the humanity of Christ. As God Jesus has always existed. He came into the world as a member of the human race and from that point on He is the unique Person of the universe. Infinite and eternal God and true humanity in one Person. Phil 2:5 'Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6] who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,7] but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8] And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. This is a direct statement that Jesus Christ is God.

It was Jesus Christ who spoke to Moses from the burning bush. Jesus said in John 8:58 ''...Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'' This was a reference to His deity.

Quote:
Deuteronomy 5: 12
Translation: The real 7th day of the week is Saturday. Always has been, always will be. Worshiping Christ on Sunday literally breaks two commandments from the God of the bible.
To the contrary. God should be worshipped every day.

The sabbath was given only to the Jews to observe.

But this has nothing to do with the fact that Jesus Christ is God.
 
Old 09-08-2010, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,540,993 times
Reputation: 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Jesus fullfilled many of the prophesies, but if you read the text many are yet to be fullfilled when he returns.

But, see these:

They part my garments among them, andcast lots upon my vesture. (Psalms 22:18) - Fullfilled by the Roman centurions at Jesus' crucifiction.
Using the Bible to prove the Bible.

Quote:
For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. (Psalms 22:16) - Fullfilled when they pierced Jesus' hands and feet with nails upon the cross.
Ditto.

Quote:
And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. (Isaiah 53:9) - Fullfill by Jesus being crucified with two thieves and buried in the personal tomb of Joseph of Aremethia at his death.
Ditto.

Can't you even grasp that the anonymous authors of the the NT knew the prophecies of the OT and wrote the NT so that it appeared the prophecies were fulfilled?
 
Old 09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
 
12,647 posts, read 6,486,069 times
Reputation: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Those "prophesies" only came true for two reasons:

1-They were written down before by older religions similar to Christianity
2-They were written down in the same book that claimed them to be true

Reason number 2 is a charateristic of the con game. Here is an example of how the con game works.

I tell a random poster that I can read their mind over the computer. That poster says "let's see you try". I then type a bunch of BS that I made up. That poster says "WOW, how did you know what I was thinking?". The sheeple that observed this con says "WOW, he really read that poster's mind over the computer! AMAZING!!!" To top it off, I tell every poster that I am God and that you are going to hell if you ever question my ability to read minds over the computer.

This is what I mean by the con game. You can not have prophesies in a book and have that same book claim that the prophesies were fulfilled. Show me a non-Christian book that says "yup, Jesus was the son of god and the only way to heaven is through him".

Look to history for the fulfillment of the prophecies which have been fulfilled. Tyre for instance.

Israel being partially back in the land in a state of unbelief is a prophecy fulfilled. I gave you a link to another thread of mine which goes into this. If you had any interest in finding out the truth of the matter rather then simply trying to discredit the Bible, you would have devoted some time to study the material.
 
Old 09-08-2010, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,540,993 times
Reputation: 1511
Not interested in post #74 then Nikk??
 
Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Pike Road, Alabama
4,852 posts, read 3,072,249 times
Reputation: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I am Jewish and no, the Jews are not waiting for the Messiah. Most have become agnostic or athieistic. They have fallen away.

Jesus fullfilled many of the prophesies, but if you read the text many are yet to be fullfilled when he returns.
Sorry...but I am having a very tough time believing that you are TRULY Jewish...and that is just based on what you've posted thus far. Also, you are sadly mistaken about the Jewish people...there may be some who have fallen away but I know many who are still awaiting their Messiah.

According to real Jewish people....Jesus did not fulfill any Messianic prophecies. The Messiah is a man (not a god)...born of a woman and a man (not a god)...all he is to accomplish will be accomplished IN HIS LIFETIME. There is NOTHING in the Hebrew scripture that the Messiah will not accomplish DURING HIS LIFETIME....there is no alleged second coming for Messiah to finish the job in the Hebrew scripture. This is why real Jewish people TOTALLY REJECT JESUS AS MESSIAH and are STILL WAITING...he did not qualify as Messiah in any way, shape or form....nor did he accomplish, in his lifetime, the things Messiah is supposed to accomplish.
 
Old 09-08-2010, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,540,993 times
Reputation: 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Look to history for the fulfillment of the prophecies which have been fulfilled. Tyre for instance.
Completely unfulfilled. In fact, you couldn't have chosen a worse one.

Quote:
Israel being partially back in the land in a state of unbelief is a prophecy fulfilled.
No it isn't. There are about 5 parts to that particular prophecy. You can't take part of it, ignore the other parts which haven't happened and then claim that it'd been fulfilled. In fact, even the part you claim has been fulfilled regarding the Jews returning to Israel, hasn't been. Do you actually know what percentage of world Jewry presently reside in Israel?
 
Old 09-08-2010, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,540,993 times
Reputation: 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Jesus fullfilled many of the prophesies, but if you read the text many are yet to be fullfilled when he returns.
Still waiting for you to show us where there is any mention that the Messiah will come be killed and then return a second time.
 
Old 09-08-2010, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Pike Road, Alabama
4,852 posts, read 3,072,249 times
Reputation: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Completely unfulfilled. In fact, you couldn't have chosen a worse one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No it isn't. There are about 5 parts to that particular prophecy. You can't take part of it, ignore the other parts which haven't happened and then claim that it'd been fulfilled. In fact, even the part you claim has been fulfilled regarding the Jews returning to Israel, hasn't been. Do you actually know what percentage of world Jewry presently reside in Israel?
Not to mention the fact that the Jewish Messiah was to accomplish all of these things DURING HIS LIFETIME. Did that happen with Jesus during his lifetime???? Nope...which is why he DID NOT QUALIFY as the Jewish Messiah and fulfilled NO MESSIANIC PROPHECIES.

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 09-08-2010 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top