Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 03:57 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Raifus, I'll try to carry on the torch on this side of the pond if I can just find the time.

To be honest, all I see here in this thread is blind, mindless regurgitation up against, CLEAR, critical, objective rebuttals that if just given a chance, actually makes sense. I'm sure all these folks are good people, but the mindless babbling is amazing.
Are we looking at the same tread because I only see recycled theories used as facts.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:00 PM

308 posts, read 427,498 times
I just like how you insist that everything be dated before you believe that it's old. That's my favorite.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc0803 View Post
I just like how you insist that everything be dated before you believe that it's old. That's my favorite.
Oh I beleive there old, but how old is the question.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:42 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
What you think is of no importance. You have shown repeatedly that you have no credibility. The Bible shouts the reality of dispensations.
Perhaps your bible reality shouts dispensensationalism...and that is what your shepherds have taught you and what you cling to...but there are many actual Christians who think it is a crock....especially given the FACT that it is a 19th century teaching of John Darby and was never even thought of before then. BTW...we don't put alot of stock in what you say either...because you proved time and time again that you are only capable of spouting what your shepherds tell you...you've yet to post one original thought of your own.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:00 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,723,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I said that Paul was God's choice to replace Judas. The Apostles had to be appointed by God. Not voted in by man. Peter had the half-baked idea of voting who would be the next Apostle. But Matthias was never God's choice. It was Paul who replaced Judas. Not Matthias.
RESPONSE:

Paul was never an apostle. Except for Paul's claim, please present scriptural evidence that God made Paul an apostle.

As I have demonstrated, the first christian community after praying appointed Matthias, not Paul, as Judas's replacement.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
Many of the world's religions have a sacred book which it is claimed or believed to have been authored by God.

For example, there is the Bible, the Koran, The book of Mormon, the Vedas, the Pali Tripitaka, the I Ching, the Chun Boo Kyung, etc. etc.

In western civilization the Bible usually is claimed to have divine authorship. But does it? What evidence, aside from it's own assertion, can be offered to prove divine rather than human authorship?

Aren't the claims for all holy books more or less the same?
Quote:
What evidence, aside from it's own assertion, can be offered to prove divine rather than human authorship?
None!

It is all a matter of faith. And since we believe the Spirit of God inspired the writers, then the Spirit must guide us into ALL Truth. Even when it comes to the Bible.

Quote:
Aren't the claims for all holy books more or less the same?
If you want to look at it that way, sure. But a holy book is written to make a people holy, or consecrated, or seperate.
Some religions are wicked though, as defined even by the most devout athiest. Like sacrificing babies, etc.
But, the old books talked about this, and some even preached it and practiced it to THEIR gods or idols.

Did it make it right?

Does it still?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:50 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
RESPONSE:

Paul was never an apostle. Except for Paul's claim, please present scriptural evidence that God made Paul an apostle.

As I have demonstrated, the first christian community after praying appointed Matthias, not Paul, as Judas's replacement.
An Apostle is nothing more than a messenger.
A disciple is nothing more than a student.

Since Paul founded numerous churches, even with the support of the 'Apostles that knew Jesus personally', doesn't disqualify Paul from being a teacher.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:34 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Are we looking at the same thread because I only see recycled theories used as facts.
And the facts you have presented are???

Old 09-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
And the facts you have presented are???
Jesus is Christ
Jesus is God in the flesh
The Bible is the inspired word of God

Just to name a few facts.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:03 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
RESPONSE:

First, in Acts 26:13 Pauls testimony of his experience on the Damascus road. 'at midday, O King, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining all around me and thse who were journeying with me, 14] ''And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew dislect, ''Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'' 15] ''And I said, 'Who art Thou, Lord?' And the Lord said, 'I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. 16] But arise, and stand on your feet; for this purpose I have appeared to you, to appoint you a minister and a witness not only to the things which you have seen, but also to the things in which I will appear to you; 17] delivering you from the Jewish people and from the Gentiles, to whom I am sending you, 18] To open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, in order that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.'

Now in Acts 9:10 the Lord speaks to a man by the name of Ananias, ''Now there was a certain disciple at Damasus, named Ananias; and the Lord said to him in a vision, ''Ananias,'' And he said, ''Behold, here am I Lord,'' 11] And the Lord said to him, ''Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for behold, He is praying, 12] and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him, so that he might regain his sight.''.....15] But the Lord said to him, ''Go, for he is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel; 16] for I will show him how much he must suffer for My name's sake.''

In the first passage above, Paul gave his own testimony of his appointment by God. In the second passage, the Lord tells Ananias that He has appointed Paul as an Apostle to the Gentiles.

Now in the next passage, Peter gives his endorsement of Paul. 2 Peter 3:14 'Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15] and regard the patience of our Lord to be salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16] as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

To write any of the New Testament Scriptures, one had to be either an Apostle or someone closely associated with an Apostle. Mark was associated with Peter and Luke was associated with the Apostle Paul. Most of the New Testament Epistles were written by Paul.

Quote:
And as I told you, it is God who appointed the Apostles. The church had no business trying to vote anyone into that position. That was Peter's lamebrain idea. Not God's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity