Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Man is reconciled to God because of the Redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the Cross which purchased man from the slave market of sin (Psa 34:22; Gal 3:13; Eph 1:7; 1 Pet 1:18-19); and the associated Unlimited Atonement in which Christ died for the sins of the entire human race ( 2 Cor 5:14,15,19; 1 Tim 2:6; 4:10; Titus 2:11; Heb 2:9; 2 Pet 2:1; 1 John 2:2), and Expiation in which the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us has been taken out of the way ( Eph 2:15,16; Col 2:14). God the Father was Propitiated (satisfied) by the work of Jesus Christ (Rom 3:22-26; 1 John 2:2).

Because of these things, the barrier of sin has been removed. However, salvation is not automatic because of the removal of sin and the penalty of sin.

Man still has the problem of Physical birth in which he is born physically alive but spiritually dead (Gen 2:17; Rom 5:12; Eph 2:1). This problem is solved by regeneration - being born again (John 3:1-18). Regeneration occurs through faith in Christ.

Man also has the problem of Relative Righteousness (Isa 64:6; Rom 9:30-33). Man's relative righteousness cannot satisfy the absolute righteousness of God. The solution is Imputation. (Rom 3:22; 2 Cor 5:21; Phil 3:9). At the point of faith in Jesus Christ, God the Father imputes His very own righteousness to the one who has believed in Christ. This allows God to pronounce the believer Justified with the result that the believer positionally has a perfect standing before God.

And additionally man has the problem of position in Adam. In Adam, all die. (1 Cor 15:22a). This is solved by Positional Truth (1 Cor 15:22b; 2 Cor 5:17; Eph 1:3-6). The means by which positional truth is accomplished is through the baptism of the Holy Spirit in which the Holy Spirit enters the believer into union with Christ (Acts 1:5; 1 Cor 12:13; Eph 4:5). The baptism of the Holy Spirit occurs at the point of faith in Christ. Positional truth is both retroactive, in which the believer is identified with Christ in His spiritual death, as well as His physical death; and current, in which the believer is identified with Christ in His victory on the Cross, resurrection, ascension, and session ( Rom 6; Col 2:12; 3:3). The church-age believer is positionally seated with Christ at the right hand of God the Father. This makes the church-age believer positionally higher than the angels.

Therefore, because of what Jesus Christ accomplished on the Cross, salvation is available to all who will but place their faith in Christ.

Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.

John 14:6 'Jesus said to Him, ''I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.''

Acts 4:12 ''And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved.''

You can't attain salvation by your works, or by being good, or by religion - all of the religious leaders of all the religions of the world who died without Christ are in Hades today awaiting their future transference to the lake of fire.

The Gospel is this. That Jesus Christ who is God, became a man and came into the world and died for your sins, was resurrected after three days, and ascended to heaven where he is now seated at the right hand of God the Father. John 3:16 'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.'

The alternative to eternal life is eternal separation from God in the lake of fire.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.''

Why do many reject the Gospel?

2 Corinthians 4:3 'And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4] in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Many call the Gospel of salvation foolishness and reject it to their own destruction. But here is what God thinks of the wisdom of man.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19] For it is written, ''I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE.'' 20] Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21] For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

To believe in Christ simply means that in understanding the issue of salvation, you simply place your trust, your confidence, your faith in Christ to provide salvation. In an instant, in a moment of time, salvation can be yours for the asking, through one non-meritorious moment of faith in Christ. Simply tell God the Father in your own vocabulary, in your own words that you are believing in Jesus Christ for salvation. And in that moment, eternal salvation is yours. It is the greatest decision you will ever make in your life.

Acts 16:31 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved...'

Old 09-07-2010, 08:51 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Therefore, because of what Jesus Christ accomplished on the Cross, salvation is available to all who will but place their faith in Christ.
It is a true inner acceptance . . . not a willful or wishful choice. It cannot be chosen or faked or proclaimed to be so.
Quote:
Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.

John 14:6 'Jesus said to Him, ''I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.''

Acts 4:12 ''And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved.''
Remember "name" is a cognitive construct that actually exists within consciousness . . . it is not merely a reference to some external physical object. It is that cognitive construct epitomizing the "name" ("love of God and each other") that is important.
Quote:
The Gospel is this. That Jesus Christ who is God, became a man and came into the world and died for your sins, was resurrected after three days, and ascended to heaven where he is now seated at the right hand of God the Father.
Jesus died for "love of God and each of us" . . . despite our sinful barbarity that made it necessary.
Quote:
John 3:16 'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.'

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.''
It was the example of perfect "love of God and each other" that Jesus came to ask us to "believe on" under His name . . . (and btw there is nothing eternal about the wrath of God . . . it is corrective).
Quote:
2 Corinthians 4:3 'And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4] in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19] For it is written, ''I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE.'' 20] Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21] For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
This refers to the wisdom of THAT TIME period . . . which was abysmal . . . and resulted in the barbaric scourging and crucifixion of Jesus.
Quote:
Acts 16:31 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved...'
It is "believe ON" . . . Mike.Acts 16:31 (King James Version)

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:54 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Yes, all are saved through Jesus Christ. It is always trustworthy to confess Jesus as Lord and Jesus wins as Saviour of the World.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:52 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes, all are saved through Jesus Christ. It is always trustworthy to confess Jesus as Lord and Jesus wins as Saviour of the World.
He is only your personal saviour Mr Hazelwood.....

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
He is only your personal saviour Mr Hazelwood.....

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The world is not only me.

Jesus is the Saviour of the world and Jesus wins.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:06 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The world is not only me.

Jesus is the Saviour of the world and Jesus wins.
He is the saviour of the world, and those who confess in Him, WILL be forgiven of their sins. I guess you deny the text then....so be it....

Old 09-07-2010, 01:10 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is a true inner acceptance . . . not a willful or wishful choice. It cannot be chosen or faked or proclaimed to be so. Remember "name" is a cognitive construct that actually exists within consciousness . . . it is not merely a reference to some external physical object. It is that cognitive construct epitomizing the "name" ("love of God and each other") that is important. Jesus died for "love of God and each of us" . . . despite our sinful barbarity that made it necessary. It was the example of perfect "love of God and each other" that Jesus came to ask us to "believe on" under His name . . . (and btw there is nothing eternal about the wrath of God . . . it is corrective). This refers to the wisdom of THAT TIME period . . . which was abysmal . . . and resulted in the barbaric scourging and crucifixion of Jesus.It is "believe ON" . . . Mike.Acts 16:31 (King James Version)

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
You are a universalist who incorrectly believes that all people will eventually be saved. The word of God is clear that many will be eternally lost. The punishment of the unbeliever in the lake of fire is not corrective, and it is not temporary. It is punitive and it is eternal in nature (Revelation 20: 10-16).

And no, 1 Corinthians 1:18 and 2 Corinthians 4:3 do not refer to just 'that time period'. The Gospel applies to all of human history, and all who die having rejected what it says concerning Jesus Christ will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

Man must make a volitional choice to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Acts 16:31 for example: 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved...' [NASB]

It is a pity that on this forum, the Gospel can't be given without coming under attack by universalists.

Those reading this who are not familiar with you should be aware of the kind of comments that you make.

Following is one of your latest comments concerning fundamental Christianity and concerning me personally.

''How did you manage to get the worst religious bigot to post so openly in this thread, Iron . . . there couldn't be a better example of it.''

The above is from post #55 of the following thread.
Religious bigotry ...

Here is an older comment that you made concerning the Scriptures.

''The God of the Bible you worship is evil and you would proclaim Him Good . . . the God of Jesus is Good and you would proclaim Him evil. Hmmmm . . . who is it that uses deception to change good into evil and evil into good???? Could it be . . . SATAN!!''

That comment was made in Post #265 of the thread below.
A fair question to you fundamentalists

You are adamently opposed to the fundamental doctrines of Christianity. People need only look at a few of your posts to understand this.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
He is the saviour of the world, and those who confess in Him, WILL be forgiven of their sins. I guess you deny the text then....so be it....

And there we have it folks, he always needs to get personal when I was glorifying Jesus Christ

I gave an account of the hope that is in me.

I believe in Jesus, I believe only through Jesus does salvation take place I simply hold Jesus the winner of Saving the World because no one else is going to.

This includes you too, and you can disagree that it includes everyone, but you will never shake the hope that is in me, but you are welcome to keep trying if you must.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Phaze, I think you said before "Jesus wins". I agree. He achieves His mission. He came to save all mankind. He will accomplish what He came to do. Do some people really doubt their own savior?

Imagine. Some people are effectively saying:
"Jesus came to save all men, but He won't be able to do it; He will only save me and a few others - the rest He cannot or will not save"

Look at this objectively. This is a very prideful and foolish view. If you think Jesus won't save some others (even though that is His stated mission), why are you so bold to think He will save you?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Phaze, I think you said before "Jesus wins". I agree. He achieves His mission. He came to save all mankind. He will accomplish what He came to do. Do some people really doubt their own savior?

Imagine. Some people are effectively saying:
"Jesus came to save all men, but He won't be able to do it; He will only save me and a few others - the rest He cannot or will not save"

Look at this objectively. This is a very prideful and foolish view. If you think Jesus won't save some others (even though that is His stated mission), why are you so bold to think He will save you?
Yes, there has been several comments that I have replied with that.

Jesus wins,

Jesus is not lukewarm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity