Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 02:31 PM

32 posts, read 31,333 times

Advertisements

Paul said in Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
JESUS said in John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John recorded this:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
The thief on the cross died BEFORE the HOLY GHOST was given making IMPOSSIBLE for him to receive the HOLY GHOST!
The thief died BEFORE JESUS rose from the dead and gave the commission for the Apostles to preach the gospel and they did not receive GOD'S SPIRIT until the day of Pentecost!
The THIEF died under the Mercy of the OLD TESTAMENT!
JESUS told the Apostles to go preach repentance and to baptize the disciples(followers) they converted to HIM and to teach them ALL things that HE had commanded them.
The Apostles either obeyed contrary to modern doctrine OR they lied!
Which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 02:41 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph7 View Post
Paul said in Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
JESUS said in John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John recorded this:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
The thief on the cross died BEFORE the HOLY GHOST was given making IMPOSSIBLE for him to receive the HOLY GHOST!
The thief died BEFORE JESUS rose from the dead and gave the commission for the Apostles to preach the gospel and they did not receive GOD'S SPIRIT until the day of Pentecost!
JESUS told the Apostles to go preach repentance and to baptize the disciples(followers) they converted to HIM and to teach them ALL things that HE had commanded them.
Which is it?
Those are the only two options? Jesus said that not even the gates of Hell would prevail against His Church. My guess is that you, like most people, see that phrase (i.e. "the gates of Hell") as having a far more ominous, sinister meaning than it would have had to His audience. To the Jewish-Christians of Christ's day, the "gates of Hell" would have simply meant been refering to the entrance to the spirit world, or the place where the spirits of the dead awaited their resurrection. A number of the early (i.e. apostolic era) Christian fathers spoke of the gospel being taught in the spirit world to those who had died. Some people (me included) believe that this is what Christ was referring to when He said the gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church. In other words, death would not prevent a person from hearing the gospel and receiving the Holy Ghost.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:58 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,219 times
Paradise = Paradise

Old 09-12-2010, 03:15 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
In other words, death would not prevent a person from hearing the gospel and receiving the Holy Ghost.
Yes -- I believe that too Katzpur

Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
The thief on the cross believed Jesus Christ and told Jesus he believed in him in... Luke 23:39-43....````Dost not thou fear God seeing thou art in the same condemnation? ,,, And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds but this man hath done nothing amiss... and he said unto Jesus Lord remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom... And Jesus said unto him `Verily I say unto thee Today shall thou be with me in paradise``.....This man was saved by the promise of the Blessing of Isaac through the Temple of Lord Jesus Christ who had the Holy Spirit already since his anointing through the water baptism of John the baptist and was anointed right after by Holy Spirit..... The Temple of Lord Jesus Christ could give the Holy Spirit, but people who lived longer could loose Holy Spirit if their faith wandered into the cares of the world alot easier than people after Penticost promise was fulfilled

Old 09-12-2010, 03:56 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph7 View Post
Which is it?
the theif acknowledged Jesus as Lord (and probably Savior,believing He would be risen) and thus was spared by Him.I don't know about the details,sry.But apprently he believed in his heart and Jesus knew it.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:13 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,940,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
the theif acknowledged Jesus as Lord (and probably Savior,believing He would be risen) and thus was spared by Him.I don't know about the details,sry.But apprently he believed in his heart and Jesus knew it.
Yes, and had he lived, he would have brought forth fruit worthy of repentance. If not, then he would have fallen by the wayside.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:26 PM

595 posts, read 761,517 times
The promise of Christ is just as binding in the old as the new. If one believed in the promise of Christ before he came, then that faith is just as powerful as after the death and resurrection of Christ. Christ's alone has the power to take away sins and give eternal life. Whoever believes in the Son has everlasting life. Old and New.
God is Spirit, Jesus is a life giving Spirit
The Father and Son are One.
OT they believed in the Father, they believed in the Son.
NT they believe in the Son, they believe in the Father.

Hebrews 11:31 By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient. [ Or unbelieving]

James 2:25
In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?
Joshua 2: 8 Before the spies lay down for the night, she went up on the roof 9 and said to them, "I know that the LORD has given this land to you and that a great fear of you has fallen on us, so that all who live in this country are melting in fear because of you. 10 We have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to Sihon and Og, the two kings of the Amorites east of the Jordan, whom you completely destroyed. 11 When we heard of it, our hearts melted and everyone's courage failed because of you, for the LORD your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below. (Rahab declaring her faith in God)

Thief...Luke 23:

40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, ( he believed in God)"since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, (admitted his guilt)for we are getting what our deeds deserve.(repentence) But this man has done nothing wrong."(Glory to God) 42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." (believed in Jesus' kingdom) Faith! 43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Mercy....God pardons our sins through Jesus Christ.
Genesis 22:18 18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Christ is the blessing. Promise of God.

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 09-12-2010, 07:50 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
The promise of Christ is just as binding in the old as the new. If one believed in the promise of Christ before he came, then that faith is just as powerful as after the death and resurrection of Christ. Christ's alone has the power to take away sins and give eternal life. Whoever believes in the Son has everlasting life. Old and New.
God is Spirit, Jesus is a life giving Spirit
The Father and Son are One.
OT they believed in the Father, they believed in the Son.
NT they believe in the Son, they believe in the Father.

Hebrews 11:31 By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient. [ Or unbelieving]

James 2:25
In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?
Joshua 2: 8 Before the spies lay down for the night, she went up on the roof 9 and said to them, "I know that the LORD has given this land to you and that a great fear of you has fallen on us, so that all who live in this country are melting in fear because of you. 10 We have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to Sihon and Og, the two kings of the Amorites east of the Jordan, whom you completely destroyed. 11 When we heard of it, our hearts melted and everyone's courage failed because of you, for the LORD your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below. (Rahab declaring her faith in God)

Thief...Luke 23:

40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, ( he believed in God)"since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, (admitted his guilt)for we are getting what our deeds deserve.(repentence) But this man has done nothing wrong."(Glory to God) 42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." (believed in Jesus' kingdom) Faith! 43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Mercy....God pardons our sins through Jesus Christ.
Genesis 22:18 18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Christ is the blessing. Promise of God.

God Bless,
Mercy
Absolutely!!! Salvation for the thief was as simple as ''Jesus, remember me when you come in your kingdom.'' A simple act of faith in Jesus results in eternal salvation. That has been the case through all of human history.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:46 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,055 times
well-said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity