Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:19 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I think it's a great way to say that salvation is a free gift but our good works produce rewards and placement in the kingdom. Everyone will be rewarded according to their works.

First part good news, second part bad news for some? Why do I see myself as a street sweeper in the holy city? I just hope animals there don't have to poop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 12:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
No, not after all we can do. We are saved by grace. Period. Jesus is 100% Savior...not a co-savior along with "all we can do"

Grace is unmerited favor!!!!
Amen.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:50 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You're misunderstanding the phrase, "after all we can do." This is just another way of saying, "apart from all we can do." You are absolutely right that Jesus is 100% Savior and not a "co-Savior" (whatever that might be ). There is not one person who has ever lived who could be saved without Jesus Christ having paid the price for his sins. We are saved by grace, through our faith in Christ. But having faith in Christ means being faithful to Christ.
I didn't misunderstand the phrase.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:52 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
It is an unmerited favor, but that doesnt mean the Lord doesnt require good works of us. Christs grace is sufficient for all mankind, yes, but what does the Lord ask of you? Are we to ignore the rest of the scriptures? It has nothing to do with us. You're missing the point completely, they go hand in hand...

James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
No, I'm not missing the point. Jesus saved us because of His amazing grace. There's nothing we can do to add to the free gift of salvation by grace through faith. This is shown through scripture.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:55 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Getting on the train is free.
How far I go is up to me.

And no one will mind
If you leave your mind behind.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:51 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
First part good news, second part bad news for some? Why do I see myself as a street sweeper in the holy city? I just hope animals there don't have to poop.

We can't all play harps eternally.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:58 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
We can't all play harps eternally.
..........or would even want to

Old 09-15-2010, 02:08 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Getting on the train is free.
How far I go is up to me.

And no one will mind
If you leave your mind behind.
Getting on the train is free,
But when the doors close there's a fee.
The price is much too steep you see --
To let another think for me.

Sorry, but that just ain't right
I won't lose myself without a fight.
I'll let that train roll out of sight
Life without it is quite bright.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:20 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
..........or would even want to
You speak the truth.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:51 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So, could you tell me what Jesus meant when He said He would "reward every man according to his works"?
In Revelations 20:12-13...``And the books were opened and another book was opened, which was the book of Life and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works``...........What believers do with there ride on soul train of Lord Jesus during their free ride will be recorded and the works that Jesus does through believers will be rewarded in Heaven , just as the works that we are called to do through Lord Jesus and do not do will also be recorded and some rewards can be lost .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity