Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 10:12 PM

277 posts, read 227,818 times

Advertisements

Jerusalem and the Temple was under the control of Abraham's 'other' seed in the time of Jesus;

The Jews 'of the flesh' were of the seed of Abraham-from Ishmael...

Gen 21:13 And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.

Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The Jews of Jerusalem were sons 'after the flesh':

Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

That was the Jews:

1Th 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
1Th 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

The Jews that took over Jerusalem and the Temple were of the bondwoman:

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heirwith the son of the freewoman.

And they didn't receive the inheritance... Only those who are 'of the Spirit' do...

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Moderator cut: deleted

TC

Last edited by june 7th; 05-10-2015 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:20 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
Jerusalem and the Temple was under the control of Abraham's 'other' seed in the time of Jesus;

The Jews 'of the flesh' were of the seed of Abraham-from Ishmael...

Gen 21:13 And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.

Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The Jews of Jerusalem were sons 'after the flesh':

Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

That was the Jews:

1Th 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
1Th 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

The Jews that took over Jerusalem and the Temple were of the bondwoman:

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heirwith the son of the freewoman.

And they didn't receive the inheritance... Only those who are 'of the Spirit' do...

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Moderator cut: Orphaned

TC
Amen

Last edited by june 7th; 05-10-2015 at 03:40 PM..

Old 05-10-2015, 09:43 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Abraham had children with two women, one free the other with much less choice. Men spreading their seed indiscriminately and irresponsibly is somehow honored and biblical.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Abraham had children with two women, one free the other with much less choice. Men spreading their seed indiscriminately and irresponsibly is somehow honored and biblical.
As moral guides go, I'd favour a phone book over the bible.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:08 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
As moral guides go, I'd favour a phone book over the bible.
Israel's seed needs a 1-800 number for all the sexual immorality it has seen..

Old 05-10-2015, 04:38 PM

How about Abraham, that stand up guy. The story of a man who abandoned his child. With the old, God made me do it, defense. Quite the role model.

Is this what you admire TC? You should reflect on why God did not choose the seed of man to create Jesus. Their track record in the bible is nothing to write home about.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 05-10-2015 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: changed T3 to TC oy

Old 05-10-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned[
I do not think TC means you any harm. At least I hope you are speaking about TC. Otherwise you would be deciding who is a Christian, and who is not a Christian.

TC is a Christian. He says he is a Christian.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-20-2016 at 11:36 AM..

Old 05-10-2015, 07:13 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,480 times
Quote:
I do not think TC means you any harm. At least I hope you are speaking about TC. Otherwise you would be deciding who is a Christian, and who is not a Christian.

TC is a Christian. He says he is a Christian.
I do not make the decision who is or who is not a Christian. But I do know who is and who is not.

The OP (TC) did not bother me at all, it seemed to bother you and others who do not care for what the Spirit has inspired to be written.

PS: the Bible claims Abraham had children with at least three women. Nothing in that was "indiscriminately and irresponsibly". But I will not try to improve your ignorance.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
I do not make the decision who is or who is not a Christian. But I do know who is and who is not.

The OP (TC) did not bother me at all, it seemed to bother you and others who do not care for what the Spirit has inspired to be written.

PS: the Bible claims Abraham had children with at least three women. Nothing in that was "indiscriminately and irresponsibly". But I will not try to improve your ignorance.

I do not admire men abandoning their children not even those put on pedestals in the bible. They are not role models. No wonder God did not chose man's seed to create Jesus. You only know of three children sired by Abraham? I have no doubt there are others.

He could be a contestant on Maury.

Your own ignorance will not speak for my faith.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:43 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,480 times
Quote:
He could be a contestant on Maury.
Who is he here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity