Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 06:40 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,720,057 times

Advertisements

But as been demonstated, St. Paul, although a Jew, claimed that the law didn't apply to him, and presumably other Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 06:45 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,544,348 times
I'm going to level with you Verna, I'm Catholic, but I struggle w/ what to believe. About the only theology I cannot bring myself to believe in is UR, I do believe in Hell.

Catholicism, Fundies, Evangelical...I've hopped back and forth thru a lot of them.

Still searching...

Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,655,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I'm going to level with you Verna, I'm Catholic, but I struggle w/ what to believe. About the only theology I cannot bring myself to believe in is UR, I do believe in Hell.

Catholicism, Fundies, Evangelical...I've hopped back and forth thru a lot of them.

Still searching...
I cannot express to you how glad I am that you do not believe in UR sophialee, a tear is in my eye as I read your words...Praise God... It is such a relief for me to know this about you, I care deeply for the state of your soul, and for your future in Christ Jesus...keep diligently searching sophialee, with all of your heart, find the truth, and you will know by the Spirit of God what is truth and what is a lie...you already do, God is with you, and He is leading you into all truth, just cling to the cross of Jesus, and be sure to study with all of your heart...pray sophialee, pray to God for guidance as you read His Word, and He will show you great and wonderful things...hunger and thrist for righteousness precious soul...allow God to be your only source...no man! Test everything through the Word of God...believe nothing without knowing it for sure yourself!

Whatever you do, do not ever! give up, o.k?...never give up!

I am here for you...DM me anytime you like...I will always be here for you to help you in any way I possibly can. God bless you sweetheart...

You have touched my heart this morning, and I have and will continue to pray for you in your journey and search for the heart of God.

In Christ's precious love,
Verna.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,941,981 times
Yes what a joy that someones strong foundation in what to believe is that they believe in hell, even if they can't seem to figure out anything else.

That is probably the saddest thing I have heard in a while.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:06 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,544,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes what a joy that someones strong foundation in what to believe is that they believe in hell, even if they can't seem to figure out anything else.

That is probably the saddest thing I have heard in a while.
I wouldn't say it's my strongest foundation of what I believe, I'd say that forgiveness for sins thru Jesus Christs death on the cross is.

I just am having trouble with all the different ways to salvation doctrines, OSAS, can't sin, Catholic confession/eucharist, etc...

Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,941,981 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say it's my strongest foundation of what I believe, I'd say that forgiveness for sins thru Jesus Christs death on the cross is.

I just am having trouble with all the different ways to salvation doctrines, OSAS, can't sin, Catholic confession/eucharist, etc...

The reason most people have trouble is that it is hard to just take what you said that I made bold above as a simple powerful truth that will occur for everyone in their understanding (rather than religious dogma's) because Jesus is that powerful.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:30 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,206,000 times
Quote:

Still searching...
Stay away from all three. The only thing that matters is what Jesus DID not what we do.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:18 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,755,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

That is a lie from the pit of hell...that is the gospel according to Ironmaw. No where in Scripture does it say this! NO WHERE!

I Peter 4:8. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins

Whose love covers the multitude of sin? Christs love ... For no greater love has any person, than to lay down his life for the ones that he loves. And Christ loves all people and he died for all people, and his blood sacrifice of love covers the multitude of sin for all people. Even you who seek to save yourself by your own righteousness and obedience, and who seeks to justify yourself by the letter of the law.

The obedience of Christ and his sacrifice for our sins in not enough for you. You do not believe that it saves you, you believe you must save yourself, that it is your responsibility to save yourself by your own righteousness and you own obedience, and so you seek to be justified by yourself and your own obedience to the law, and so you are fallen from grace at this time.

God bless you as well Verna ... Peace.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-24-2010 at 10:41 AM..

Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,755,266 times
Quote:
Again Ironmaw, the "us" who is saved here is THE BORN AGAIN! You just don't get it...you rebel against the truth, you teach others a false gospel, and your day before Christ the King will not be one of joy unless you get it right before you die. And I pray to God you do get it right before you do die!
I have no fear of falling or stumbling. Because Christ died for me and will be there to pick me up when i fall. Though i am weak, HE is strong. I put my faith in him, not in my own self. I put my faith in his righteousness and his obedience, and not in my own righteousness and in my own obedience like you do. You fail because you put your faith not in the work of Christ on the cross for your salvation, instead you put your faith in your own works for salvation, and because of this you are fallen from grace ...

Quote:
Paul, a servant of God is speaking to Titus, another servant of God...the "us" who is saved are the one's living their life in the will of God! Not a downright willfull sinner who dies in their sin! The Bible is written to and for saints of God, not willfull sinners.

Titus 3:5 "He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit."

...which is born-again...REBIRTH!!!....REGENERATION!!! RENEWAL!!!...BORN-AGAIN!!!
We are born again by the spirit of Christ. It is the spirit of Christ that works within us both to will and do his good pleasure. And God will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. No where in the scriptures does it teach that one must be born agin of the spirit before they die to be saved. None of the old testament saints were born again of the spirit, because Christ had not yet died and he had not yet sent the holy spirit so that a person might be baptized in the holy spirit and born again of the spirit.

If one must be born again of the spirit before they die in order to be saved, then all the old testament saints, and everyone who ever died before the holy spirit was sent to earth are eternally damned, including the thief on the cross to whom Christ promised paradise. You are teaching that Christ is a liar, and that only those who are born again in this life and who earn salvation by their own righteous works and obedience to the law will be saved. This is a teaching of anti Christ. You reject the life and death and resurrection of Christ on the cross as our sole means of salvation. Thus you are fallen from grace ...

Quote:
Nope, I am NOT! saying a person is saved when they do righteous things. That is a lie. What I AM! saying is, a person is saved when they ask Jesus into their heart, and mean it, THEN! they are saved, and begin a process of trials and tests to strengthen their faith...to grow and mature INTO A BORN AGAIN CHILD OF THE LIVING GOD! Until then, they are NOT! a child of God, but a child of the devil. Thus saith the LORD God Almighty! They ARE NOT! BORN AGAIN! UNTIL! they repent once for all time for their sins, STOP WILLFULLY SINNING, CHANGE into the character of Christ, old man gone, new man here TO STAY! forsaking the temptations of the lusts of their flesh FOR GOOD!...THEN! They are BORN AGAIN! And not until then!
You are teaching that a carnal person who is not yet born again of the spirit and is spiritually dead, who cannot comprehend the things of the spirit because they are spiritually discerned, can receive the things of the spirit and believe something that they consider to be foolishness. Again the bible teaches the opposite.

The scriptures teach that we must first be born again of the spirit before we can comprehend spiritual things, because spiritual things are spiritually discerned.

The scriptures teach that one must first be born again before they can even perceive the spiritual things of God and the kingdom of God. If one cannot perceive spiritual things or perceive the kingdom of god, then they cannot choose to believe in spiritual things and cannot believe in the kingdom of God, because both spiritual things and the kingdom of God are foolishness to people who are not yet born again of the spirit.

Again, you are teaching the opposite of what the scriptures teach. You teach that one perceive the kingdom of God and the spiritual things of the truth of the gospel while they are still carnal and spiritually dead, before they are born again of the spirit. The scriptures teach that what you are saying is true is in fact literally IMPOSSIBLE.

Quote:
Again, I don't say it Ironmaw. God said it..GOD SAID IT! Not Verna...Verna just happens to believe it and you don't!
Verna said it, not God. You are simply misinterpreting what the scriptures teach and claiming that you backwards teaching and interpretations of the scriptures are the words of God. You are sorely mistaken, and you are fallen from grace and teach a false gospel of personal salvation by works.

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-24-2010 at 10:46 AM..

Old 09-24-2010, 11:32 AM

63,755 posts, read 40,011,679 times
Quote:
Again Ironmaw, the "us" who is saved here is THE BORN AGAIN! You just don't get it...you rebel against the truth, you teach others a false gospel, and your day before Christ the King will not be one of joy unless you get it right before you die. And I pray to God you do get it right before you do die!

Paul, a servant of God is speaking to Titus, another servant of God...the "us" who is saved are the one's living their life in the will of God! Not a downright willfull sinner who dies in their sin! The Bible is written to and for saints of God, not willfull sinners.

Titus 3:5 "He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit."

...which is born-again...REBIRTH!!!....REGENERATION!!! RENEWAL!!!...BORN-AGAIN!!!
There is no human being still alive in the FLESH who has been "born again." While we are still in the flesh . . we are "born of God" (that means conceived/begotten) as spiritual "embryos" . . . spiritual children of God. To be "born again" . . . we have to die and be reborn as Spirit (as Jesus was). Jesus' death and rebirth as Spirit made His Holy Spirit part of the collective human consciousness and available to us within our consciousness. We are children who must mature . . . NOT subjects or slaves or "pets" in obedience training. Jesus saved us ALL . . . but we will still reap what we sow based on our hay, stubble, wood, gold, silver, etc. . . . but we are still saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity