Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 PM

5,553 posts, read 7,969,798 times

Advertisements

Took much longer than I expected.

Men allege sexual coercion by prominent Atlanta pastor - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 09:45 PM

7,051 posts, read 12,262,818 times
This is just par for the course.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
This is just par for the course.
Sure is. This is the same dude who preaches before his audience in tight fitted muscle shirts.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:27 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,163,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Sure is. This is the same dude who preaches before his audience in tight fitted muscle shirts.
Blech.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:40 AM

95 posts, read 161,451 times
Sadly, so many of these rabidly anti-gay preachers ends up being homosexual themselves per the article:

"Long frequently denounces homosexual behavior. A 2007 article in the Southern Poverty Law Center's magazine called him "one of the most virulently homophobic black leaders in the religiously based anti-gay movement."

Old 09-22-2010, 03:14 PM

235 posts, read 341,539 times
Lots of discussion of this topic in the atlanta board!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 04:13 PM

7,098 posts, read 8,862,892 times
why does african american have to be in the title? When ted haggart had his issue his race was not part of headline?!?!??? We have a long way to go.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:37 PM

I put it up there to highlight his prominence in that community, as well as his prominence on the WORD network, a predominantly black Christian station - nothing less and nothing more. Ted Haggard's "fall from grace" (to critics) had more to do with his "fundie" association than his skin color. Eddie Long's has more to do with the modern-day "pimp lifestyle" of quite a few black ministers seem to be emulating and he is just probably one in a long list of them in that community living on the DL.

And before thoughts go flying, I am a black, Caribbean born individual.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:42 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,523,677 times
Quote:
I put it up there to highlight his prominence in that community, as well as his prominence on the WORD network, a predominantly black Christian station - nothing less and nothing more. Ted Haggard's "fall from grace" (to critics) had more to do with his "fundie" association than his skin color. Eddie Long's has more to do with the modern-day "pimp lifestyle" of quite a few black ministers seem to be emulating and he is just probably one in a long list of them in that community living on the DL.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:56 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,163,938 times
Quote:

I've noticed you've got a few negative posts directed at you lately for mentioning blacks/religion in a unfavorable light. I always laugh. People should really check profiles before they get all offended. It might save them time and energy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity