Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:51 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
Well, I'm starting a thread here, to share with everyone how Paul seems to have been preaching the Gospel in his era.
Now, before I start, I must say, that I am not part of any denomination. Therefore, I am not endorsing any church group or creed, I am only sharing what I am reading in the Bible.

Now,
Paul tells the reader in Romans 3, that people were accusing him of saying that the message of Christianity was basically saying, "sin as much as you want, it will only bring more glory to God!"
Now this is similar to what fundamentalist/traditional Christianity tells Universalists, and that is, "if everyone is going to be saved in the end, then why not sin??"
Of course, a question like this should never come from a Christian, one who has tasted of the heavenly gift!
But perhaps from a non-believer, this type of thinking might come up..

Now some people believe that Christ Jesus gives people the "chance" to be saved.
Other people believe that Christ will "eventually" save all people.
Still other people will tell you, that Paul's message to the world is nothing less than this: that Christ has saved everyone, period.

Romans 5 tells us some amazing things about the Power of Christ, and what exactly happened on Calvary.
The traditional Church has no problem telling people that they are sinners. This, they say, is a result of Adam's sin.

But what they cannot accept, is the "reverse" idea, and that is, that people are SAINTS, and this is because of what Christ (Adam 2) did.

Read Romans 5 again.
So here is that famous retort again, "well, then, why don't we just continue in sin?"
Paul had heard that question many times, and gives his answer in Romans 6! -If we have all died with Him (and all have indeed died), we shall all live with Him!

Be reconciled to God! He's already your Life, why not enjoy it??

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 11:11 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone!
Well, I'm starting a thread here, to share with everyone how Paul seems to have been preaching the Gospel in his era.
Now, before I start, I must say, that I am not part of any denomination. Therefore, I am not endorsing any church group or creed, I am only sharing what I am reading in the Bible.

Now,
Paul tells the reader in Romans 3, that people were accusing him of saying that the message of Christianity was basically saying, "sin as much as you want, it will only bring more glory to God!"
Now this is similar to what fundamentalist/traditional Christianity tells Universalists, and that is, "if everyone is going to be saved in the end, then why not sin??"
Of course, a question like this should never come from a Christian, one who has tasted of the heavenly gift!

Now some people believe that Christ Jesus gives people the "chance" to be saved.
Still other people will tell you, that Paul's message to the world is nothing less than this: that Christ has saved everyone, period.

Romans 5 tells us some amazing things about the Power of Christ, and what exactly happened on Calvary.
The traditional Church has no problem telling people that they are sinners. This, they say, is a result of Adam's sin.

But what they cannot accept, is the "reverse" idea, and that is, that people are SAINTS, and this is because of what Christ (Adam 2) did.

Read Romans 5 again.
So here is that famous retort again, "well, then, why don't we just continue in sin?"
Paul had heard that question many times, and gives his answer in Romans 6! -If we have all died with Him (and all have indeed died), we shall all live with Him!

Blessings,
brian
In every place that sin does abound, grace does much more abound(Rom 5:20).

Old 09-23-2010, 12:27 PM

30 posts, read 23,925 times
until we taste and experience the true meaning of life from god and its beauty( its pureness , peace , joy ) we will believe that sin is in fact enjoyable and pleasing to us.. but once we meet god we realise that sin is a burden to us and leads us to destruction, we recieve strength from the most high to turn away from it each and every time.. leading us into a new sin free life.

seek god with all our heart and might and he will lead us into all truth and free us from the bondage of sin forever.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:35 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleservants View Post
but once we meet god we realise that sin is a burden to us and leads us to destruction, we recieve strength from the most high to turn away from it each and every time.. leading us into a new sin free life.

seek god with all our heart and might and he will lead us into all truth and free us from the bondage of sin forever.
Amen! Those who still walk after the flesh can never understand this concept. The carnal mind is enmity against God.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:38 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Moderator cut: polite suggestion

Guys, please reread the op which is now plainly visible with all the off topic deletions..Stay on topic please

Old 09-24-2010, 08:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Hi everyone!

Now,

Read Romans 5 again.

Blessings,
brian
"Caught up in the breath of life with joy."

Old 09-25-2010, 02:03 AM

1,289 posts, read 722,793 times
Quote:
Hi everyone!
...Now,

Read Romans 5 again.

Blessings,
brian
Answer: Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Now, are you implying that everyone is automatically a saint of God?
I really hope I misunderstood you.

Mat 7:13-15 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

1Pe 2:9-10 [9] But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: [10] Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. --> Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?...

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

I am just throwing a few of many scriptures out there. Fact is, without being born again of water and spirit, Jesus said that we cant see or enter the kingdom. If you or anyone belive that people are automatically saints, you are not a Christian [Christian = 'Christ-like'. He dosent believe it like that and HE make the rules.]

Forgive me if I misread you Brian! Hope to hear from ya. Take care man.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:11 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
Answer: Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Now, are you implying that everyone is automatically a saint of God?
I really hope I misunderstood you.

Mat 7:13-15 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

1Pe 2:9-10 [9] But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: [10] Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. --> Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?...

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

I am just throwing a few of many scriptures out there. Fact is, without being born again of water and spirit, Jesus said that we cant see or enter the kingdom. If you or anyone belive that people are automatically saints, you are not a Christian [Christian = 'Christ-like'. He dosent believe it like that and HE make the rules.]

Forgive me if I misread you Brian! Hope to hear from ya. Take care man.
Hi HolyNinja!
God must reveal Himself to mankind individually. Man does not have any "self-ability" to come to God, it is God who comes to man. Just like Adam who ate the forbidden fruit, so mankind continues on hiding in the garden, until God comes to them personally and says, "where art thou?"
The shame which man feels is a normal consequence of being naked of the Truth. God knows this, and He knows how to give the proper clothing to His creatures.
"It is God working in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure."
Without His presence to save and change us, one by one, we remain in darkness. The outer darkness is already in this world, I am quite convinced.
Only when men are shown the Light will they see and rejoice and give God the praise due Him. It's God's responsability, not man's.
When man is shown the truth, he is also shown mercy. That's why I believe all will return to the Father. God knows what He's doing, and He knows exactly how to call each of us individually. Some are being called to know Him now (what a PRIVILEDGE!!), others are not.
But all will come eventually..

Blessings to you!
brian

Old 09-25-2010, 06:49 AM

1,289 posts, read 722,793 times
Quote:
Hi HolyNinja!
God must reveal Himself to mankind individually. Man does not have any "self-ability" to come to God, it is God who comes to man. Just like Adam who ate the forbidden fruit, so mankind continues on hiding in the garden, until God comes to them personally and says, "where art thou?"
The shame which man feels is a normal consequence of being naked of the Truth. God knows this, and He knows how to give the proper clothing to His creatures.
"It is God working in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure."
Without His presence to save and change us, one by one, we remain in darkness. The outer darkness is already in this world, I am quite convinced.
Only when men are shown the Light will they see and rejoice and give God the praise due Him. It's God's responsability, not man's.
When man is shown the truth, he is also shown mercy. That's why I believe all will return to the Father. God knows what He's doing, and He knows exactly how to call each of us individually. Some are being called to know Him now (what a PRIVILEDGE!!), others are not.
But all will come eventually..

Blessings to you!
brian

Not tryin to be caustic at all, but you just ignored everything I said. The sad part is that most of what I said was straight from the Word of God.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:03 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
Not tryin to be caustic at all, but you just ignored everything I said. The sad part is that most of what I said was straight from the Word of God.
Out of context verses does not make your point true.

You basicaly said man saves himself, highway said Jesus saves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity