Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 02:01 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,503,961 times

Advertisements

It's been more than two decades since Kirk Cameron, the teen heartthrob, became Kirk Cameron, the Christian actor.

Cameron's conversion changed how he famously played Mike Seaver on Growing Pains and altered the path of his career, leading him to roles in faith-based films such as Left Behind and Fireproof, and his Christian TV program, The Way of the Master.

Actor Kirk Cameron documentary focuses on God's role in U.S. | Religion | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 12:11 PM

42 posts, read 55,646 times
Default Only God Knows the Time of Prophecies

Well Kirk Cameron can obviously see America turning its back on God and trying to bring America back to its Roots.

It’s of no surprise that this is happening if one studies Matthew 24. The signs of wars, Famines, pestilences, Earthquakes what Jesus told us is happening. I believe we are in the days of sorrows but Jesus said to not be alarmed the end is not yet.
That one shall hate one another and betray one another and the love will grow cold and lawlessness will abound.

What does this say? This means the falling away”Apostasy” must come first”. Apostasy means to turn from God. But even so Jesus promises that this Gospel will be preached to the ends of the Earth. Indeed Jesus is making his way. What then does Jesus mean it will be preached throughout the ends of the Earth and then shall come to end?

This is what will need to see. Ed Hindson Franklin Graham and Kirk Cameron are trying to fulfill this prophecy hoping in pre trib rapture. I am a post trib believer and I believe neither Ed Hindson nor Franklin Graham nor Kirk is going to fulfill this. That God has something greater taking place it will happen. Not because people are trying to fulfill this to happen. But because God is true and it will happen. But we will actually see how it happens if we are alive to see this
I believe that Matthew 24 is the exact order that Jesus told his disciple in what order things would occur this is my belief in Eschatology or what some may call Dispensation meaning the order of events.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:16 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,472,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
It's been more than two decades since Kirk Cameron, the teen heartthrob, became Kirk Cameron, the Christian actor.

Cameron's conversion changed how he famously played Mike Seaver on Growing Pains and altered the path of his career, leading him to roles in faith-based films such as Left Behind and Fireproof, and his Christian TV program, The Way of the Master.

Actor Kirk Cameron documentary focuses on God's role in U.S. | Religion | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

But ain't most 'christians' just actors.............

Sorry......... couldn't resist

Old 09-25-2010, 06:43 PM

42 posts, read 55,646 times
Default “I understand, no offense”

Hey Asheville. Don’t worry I am not bothered at all by your comment. . Call me lunatic or call me a liar and I am still not offended.

Well AV most of us did not believe God to begin with. I have doubted God. I’ve laughed I’ve questioned him. I got angry at God. Yet today I believe God has proven to me more beyond the measurements of what anyone can measure. God has proven over and over again how real He is. God has done things in my life no man would or could have known over and over again.

Many people say if this happens to you, why not me? One thing people need to understand God is not a religion. He is a real being of Spirit who is God the Lord Almighty. Religion does not save anyone. God sent His Son Jesus to die for our sins that we may place hope in Him. This is the same Jesus born of Bethlehem who is also called a Nazarene the Son of Joseph and also He a Carpenter before he began to preach on the mount.

But why did Jesus wait? I will explain more if you want to know why Jesus waited till the age of 30. Jesus obeyed the will of the Father that He would resist all Sin. That Romans 3 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. We are justified freely through the Redemption of Christ Jesus. Jesus in his love took the punishment that we may not suffer. But that we may have eternal life with in and through Him. I was a skeptic once. I was a doubter. So was Kirk Cameron so was CS Lewis and you may doubt also but the Lord is true and real indeed. God has proven to be exact word by word that God spoken of in the Holy Bible. He doesn’t lie. He never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity