Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 09:47 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,545 times

Advertisements

Why wait for miracles when biblical god could have done it RIGHT the first time around?

Oh, my bad...I forgot that people CHOOSE to be gay; like they wake up one day and find it appealing and a wonderful path to take because they desire abuse and ridicule.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:49 AM

722 posts, read 1,108,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The born again experience may not change your desire immediately; but, through faith, you can receive a miracle of bringing your desires to normal; and, you have to will for this to be done through the faith in Jesus' blood. If you have interest in learning more about God's real faith for miracles, DM me.
Being born again, is not about being normal, it is about declaring your relationship with God. And if done right, will most certainly not make you normal. In fact, it will hopefully make you the opposite.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:49 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,940,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I think a lot of homophobia springs out of media coverage of pride parades, which is the one day all the most extreme people come out, and the one day a lot of average gay people like to act extreme for fun, but if the people who are basing their opinion of homosexuality off pride parade coverage met some gay people in real life, they would quickly realize that, just like with straight people, the vast majority of gay people are just your average person. I doubt they would be able to maintain their homophobic views if they saw that gay people are just like them, except, of course, gay.

I agree with this one hundred percent. I've never been to a pride parade, yet many use them to give examples as to why gay people (all of us) are 'deviant'.

If you're born again and living free from sin, then you can make it to heaven, even if you desire the same sex over the opposite sex -- so long as you do not practice homosexuality. You must recognize that as a sin because God said so. People are born with all kinds of bad conditions, but God does not excuse sin; He provides a way out; He helps us to defeat temptations.

What's more, don't be short-changed. Use God's faith for a miracle to bring your desires to normal. Bow in humility to the Lord and know that He cares for you.

1 Peter 5
[6] Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
[7] Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
[8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
[9] Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
After spending a lot of time on this forum - I have realized that there is no point in trying to convince many of these people that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. They will never see the light. It saddens me greatly but I think the best that can be hoped for is tolerance - not love or acceptance. To me - this is a black and white issue - however what I see as black - they see as white. No amount of reason, compassion, love, or anything else in this world will ever open their minds or their hearts. Part of me thinks that even if God came down and told them himself that he created all of us and loves all of us - and that there is nothing wrong with homosexuals, that love is love - they would be prejudiced. I don't really see a solution. I think it's more important to teach the young people in this world to love and accept all people than to try to change the minds of people who will never see things in a different way.
That's just my two cents.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:34 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
After spending a lot of time on this forum - I have realized that there is no point in trying to convince many of these people that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. They will never see the light. It saddens me greatly but I think the best that can be hoped for is tolerance - not love or acceptance. To me - this is a black and white issue - however what I see as black - they see as white. No amount of reason, compassion, love, or anything else in this world will ever open their minds or their hearts. Part of me thinks that even if God came down and told them himself that he created all of us and loves all of us - and that there is nothing wrong with homosexuals, that love is love - they would be prejudiced. I don't really see a solution. I think it's more important to teach the young people in this world to love and accept all people than to try to change the minds of people who will never see things in a different way.
That's just my two cents.
I don't know, that seems a little cynical (which, from reading your posts, doesn't seem like it fits you ). People change, and so do their views, but not usually suddenly.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't know, that seems a little cynical (which, from reading your posts, doesn't seem like it fits you ). People change, and so do their views, but not usually suddenly.
I guess it does sound cynical - which you are correct - isn't like me. But this is the one thing that absolutely breaks my heart. I can't tell you how much I have cried over all the hatred, bigotry, and intolerance over this. So many of the people I love most in this world are gay, and they are some of the most wonderful people I know. I love them so much. I don't see them as being any different from me at all. I don't understand why sexual orientation is even an issue. But after talking with so many people on this forum - and hearing them condemn homosexuals - saying they are sick and wrong and sinful and bad and evil and demonic - I guess it has gotten me down. And some of them even know gay people! I just don't get it. How can people believe such horrible things about people just because of their sexual orientation. To tell you the truth - it's enough to make me lose a little bit of faith in humanity. My father's people were Jews that escaped Europe because of the death camps. My mother is Japanese American and was born in the relocation camps during WWII. And today - people are still being persecuted for things they have no control over. It breaks my heart.
And I don't see any of the people on this forum changing. If anything - it seems that they just fight harder and hate more. It's very sad.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:50 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,653,800 times
You know it's interesting how people think that homosexuality is a sin just because it's written in some sacred book and yet they seem to forget that that same sacred book was written by man not by their deity, homosexuality or any condition different than what society considers normal is born of the individual and there is nothing that can change that, you can pray to your deity all you want it's not going to change it, so learn to accept it for what it is and it certainly is not a sin just because it's written in some sacred book.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
It breaks my heart.
And I don't see any of the people on this forum changing. If anything - it seems that they just fight harder and hate more. It's very sad.

I understand your frustration and appreciate your heart. If it helps to know, I am someone who believed for many, many years that homosexuality was an "abomination". Listening in on the conversations on message boards like this didn't change my mind immediately, but they (along with other things) did get me questioning my views and made me aware that my attitudes weren't loving in any way. I changed, but it was gradual, and it came with seeing the same things repeated time and again, in different ways, by many people ... so don't give up hope.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I understand your frustration and appreciate your heart. If it helps to know, I am someone who believed for many, many years that homosexuality was an "abomination". Listening in on the conversations on message boards like this didn't change my mind immediately, but they (along with other things) did get me questioning my views and made me aware that my attitudes weren't loving in any way. I changed, but it was gradual, and it came with seeing the same things repeated time and again, in different ways, by many people ... so don't give up hope.
You know - it seems that there have been many times in my life when I have started to lose faith with humanity - and then something happens to lift my spirits again! You are that something today! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I know this is just an online forum - but you have really made a difference to me today! I'm a little teary now! Thank you for reminding me to never lose hope and to never lose my faith in my fellow human beings! I will never stop trying to show others that love is the answer to everything -whatever your religion, whatever your beliefs - love is the answer!

Old 09-26-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
love is the answer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity