U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 3,794,967 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Neither Saturday nor Sunday is "Written"
Oh but it is Phaze...you just reject it, that's all, because it doesn't conform to what you want to believe. It doesn't change the Truth.

Sabbath = the seventh day of the week = Saturday.
  • The first day of the week: Sunday
  • The second day of the week: Monday
  • The third day of the week: Tuesday
  • The fourth day of the week: Wednesday
  • The fifth day of the week: Thursday
  • The sixth day of the week: Friday
  • The seventh day of the week: Saturday
Mary prepared the body of Jesus on the day before the Sabbath day, which was Friday, and she did that because she knew she could not do it on the following day, which was Saturday, the Sabbath...as was their belief to keep the Ten Commandments of God, including the fourth commandment...and still is to this day.

Mark 15:42 When evening had now come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath

Luke 23:54 It was the day of the Preparation [Friday], and the Sabbath [Saturday] was drawing near.

************

So, after Saturday had passed [the Sabbath], on Sunday [the first day of the week], Mary came back to put spices and oils on Jesus body.

Luke 23:56 They returned, and prepared spices and ointments. On the Sabbath [Saturday] they rested according to the commandment.

Mark 16:1 When the Sabbath was past [on Sunday], Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, that they might come and anoint him

Luke 24:1 But on the morrow of the sabbath [the day after Saturday, which was Sunday], very early indeed in the morning, they came to the tomb, bringing the aromatic spices which they had prepared

************

On Sunday [the first day of the week], when Jesus gave up the ghost on the cross, is when Pilate gave the order to break the legs of the two thieves and of Jesus so that they would die and have their bodies prepared for the grave BEFORE! the next day, which was Saturday, which was the Sabbath, which is the day they couldn't do anything in preparing the bodies for their placement in their tombs because they believed in keeping the Ten Commandments of God which commanded them not to labour on the Sabbath Day, which was and is Saturday.

John 19:31 Therefore the Jews, because it was the Preparation Day [Sunday], so that the bodies wouldn't remain on the cross on the Sabbath [Saturday] (for that Sabbath was a special one), asked of Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

Exodus 16:26 Six days ye shall gather it [Sunday; Monday; Tuesday; Wednesday; Thursday; Friday = six days], >>>>>>>but on the seventh day which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.<<<<<<<

Exodus 16:29 Behold, because Yahweh has given you the Sabbath, therefore he gives you on the sixth day [Friday] the bread of two days [bread to last them till Sunday, because they were commanded to rest on the Seventh Day which is the Sabbath day]. Everyone stay in his place. Let no one go out of his place on the seventh day."

Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to Yahweh your God. You shall not do any work in it, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your livestock, nor your stranger who is within your gates;

Exodus 31:13 "Speak also to the children of Israel, saying,'Most certainly you shall keep my Sabbaths: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that you may know that I am Yahweh who sanctifies you.



It is what it is Phaze...whether you like it or not, or whether you believe it or not, makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.


Be blessed.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.



Hebrews 4:9 There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 3,794,967 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Sure it is, the whole point I was making before is that you cannot teach anything from scripture without eventually providing words that express what you believe it means. This is why you capitalize and highlight in different colors, that is fine, but to say that you are just posting what is written is a joke.
It most certainly is not! my own emphasis put in parenthesis!

The color purple and added zeal by !!!exclamation!!! marks, and an added "Hallelujuah!" does not change the truth one bit...please stop playing games Phaze, I'm not playing.


Revelation 19:8:

New International Version:

Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." >>>!(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)<<<!

New Living Translation:

She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear." For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God's holy people.

English Standard version:

it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

New American Standard Bible:

It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

International Standard Version:

She has been given the privilege of wearing fine linen, dazzling and pure." >>>!(The fine linen represents the righteous deeds of the saints.)<<<!

GOD'S WORD Translation

She has been given the privilege of wearing dazzling, pure linen." This fine linen represents the things that God's holy people do that have his approval.

King James Bible:

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

American King James Bible:

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

American Standard Version:

And it was given unto her that she should array herself in fine linen, bright and pure: for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Bible In Basic English:

And to her it was given to be clothed in delicate linen, clean and shining: for the clean linen is the righteousness of the saints.

Douay-Rheims Bible:

And it is granted to her that she should clothe herself with fine linen, glittering and white. For the fine linen are the justifications of saints.

Darby Bible Translation:

And it was given to her that she should be clothed in fine linen, bright and pure; for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the saints.

English Revised Version:

And it was given unto her that she should array herself in fine linen, bright and pure: for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Webster's Bible Translation:

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.



Get over it.


Be blessed.

In Christ's love...and prayefully in His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:35 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,302,316 times
Reputation: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Oh but it is Phaze...you just reject it, that's all, because it doesn't conform to what you want to believe. It doesn't change the Truth.


Yes I reject what YOU emphasize it means, and that is not the same as rejecting God.

I have already proven you do not just believe a scripture as it is written. you can't because it contradicts everything you believe if you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 3,794,967 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes I reject what YOU emphasize it means, and that is not the same as rejecting God.

I have already proven you do not just believe a scripture as it is written. you can't because it contradicts everything you believe if you did.
You've proven NOTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 11:21 AM
 
Location: california
2,467 posts, read 987,502 times
Reputation: 2375
Merely bring writen ,in the values of old testament culture ,ment it was a record of a promise spoken either by God or a prophet of God that made the determination those thing spoken should be recorded as such so that the meaning would not be lost in generations of translation person to person.
Names are also writen in the Lambs bood of life, and thay can also be blotted out as well.
The fact that peple abuse what is writen though is not acceptable practice, twisting or ignoring unpleasant parts is like people that paint out peoples faces from pictures they don't like.
What Jesus taught put a much finer point to God's expectations than current teachers prefir, simply because they were not willing to yield that far.
But He demonstrated by His obedience on a real time basis that it was indeed possable to be obedient to God on a prsonal level , and that is what is expected of us, but only under the conditions He Jesus laid out . Jesus said ," I am the way the truth and the life , no man comes to the Father but by me." .
Now , either Jesus is a liar ,or He speaks the truth , but the undeniable record of His ministry is not in the Bible alone . other men of His time record His actions as well. But beyond that is the testamony of each of us who have expirenced his touch in our lives ,healing and answer to prayer.
He is not moved by incantation, nor manipulated by us in any way, he responds in nour best interest, to those that have proven to Love and appreciate Him, especially those that seek His influence in our lives day to day. Many supernatural events occur for us,, the unbeliever cannot share in . nor can the unbleliever understand scriptures with the limited scope of human intellect though they try.
Though many of us dissagree on certain issues the better of us do seek to be tought of God, I think, rather than trust speculation.
Jesus said, " It is a narrow way , few there be that find it , but wide is the road that leads to distruction. "
You resent having to make choice? , in that resentment you have made a choice.
God does not send people to hell , Satan and all that obey him are going the same path of choice all the rebellious are merely sharing the same fate.
Eternal fire is rather mercyful if you ask me, rather than the culture of all that wicked being free to abuse one another, which may occur any way.
It is assumed that the core of the earth is molten iron , check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 3,794,967 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
If you disagree with that, then you actually do believe that God will save all mankind, because it IS written.
You can't even search: "God will save all mankind" and come up with anything except:

Your search - God will save all mankind - did not match any documents. No pages were found containing "God will save all mankind".

Suggestions:
  • Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
  • Try different keywords.
  • Try more general keywords.
...hummmmmm......wonder why that is...?

Maybe because nowhere! in Scripture does it say that God will save all mankind.

So I searched: "All men will be saved"...and got this:

Mark 13:13 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.


...and this!...


1 Timothy 2:
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if! they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.



...and this...


Ezekiel 18:23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

Ezekiel 18:32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Ezekiel 33:11 Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'

2 Timothy 3:7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ for the faith of God's elect and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness--

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,


...you will believe these verses Phaze, if you believe in every Word that God speaks.


In Christ's love...and prayerfully in Fus truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 11:51 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,302,316 times
Reputation: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...hummmmmm......wonder why that is...?

Probably because if your silly enough to rely on a search engine to provide you with scriptural truth then you are only revealing the silly manner in which you come to think of what truth is. Certainly you have lost ground in claiming you only speak Gods truth as it is written and reinforce the fact then when I disagree with YOU I am indeed disagreeing with YOU, umm er the search engine, I mean and not God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 11:54 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,302,316 times
Reputation: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
You've proven NOTHING.
That is just a claim, my proof has been demonstrated in my posts. Now demonstrate your claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 11:58 AM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 1,530,533 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
We need the Holy Ghost, JESUS. You must hear EVERY WORD, not just what was written 2000 years ago. We're in 2010!!

Blessings,
brian
Does moral truth change over time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 3,794,967 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Probably because if your silly enough to rely on a search engine to provide you with scriptural truth then you are only revealing the silly manner in which you come to think of what truth is. Certainly you have lost ground in claiming you only speak Gods truth as it is written and reinforce the fact then when I disagree with YOU I am indeed disagreeing with YOU, umm er the search engine, I mean and not God.
Scripture is Scripture is Scripture is Scripture, whether it comes from my Bible laying here in front of me, or the Bible that is on my computer in front of me...you're loosing your cool Phaze...getting frustrated? I've lost no ground because I'm not trying to gain any, you say that because you are failing at your own attempt to gain your own ground and trying to put it off on me...who's goal is certainly not to "gain ground". That is YOUR mind-set, not mine. Now I am seeing that all this is is a little "competition" to you...well...I am not playing your little game Phaze. This is much too serious to me than that. Lives depend on it~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That is just a claim, my proof has been demonstrated in my posts.
Na...it has not...not at all. You've proven nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze
Now demonstrate your claim.
You first...I asked you if you believe in these verses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post


Ezekiel 18:23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?


Ezekiel 18:32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!


Ezekiel 33:11 Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'


2 Timothy 3:7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.


Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ for the faith of God's elect and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness--


Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.


Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,



...you will believe these verses Phaze, if you believe in every Word that God speaks.



...so do you believe in these verses?



In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top