U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 04:25 PM

3,141 posts, read 2,707,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not a matter of choosing the most 'comfortable' religion, but it sounds like Rodgertutt and you have done just that.
Jesus said, "My yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Yes indeed, belief in UR is very comfortable!
Like my 98 year old dad loves to say now, "That's just like the God that I have learned to love!" My dad used to be an ETer until he listened to many tapes by Ray Prinzing and became convinced that a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible actually teaches UR.

Here is a snippet from James Coram's
THE DAY OF JUDGMENT AND THE SECOND DEATH, yet another scriptural exposition on the duration and purpose of the lake of fire which is the second death, in addition to the ones that I posted on post #983 and #985.

"God disciplines those of whom He is fond (Heb.12:7-11; Rev.3:19), and He is fond of humanity (Titus 3:4).
We can be sure that God will be doing all things well, exercising judgment founded upon His love."
THE DAY OF JUDGMENT AND THE SECOND DEATH
biblical studies: Eonian Fire and Judging

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-17-2010 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-17-2010, 04:41 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,642,563 times
Quote:
It is not a matter of choosing the most 'comfortable' religion, but it sounds like Rogartutt and you have done just that. Besides don't URs believe there is no choice in the matter anyway, so it makes it a waste of time to sell something that others are unable to choose in the first place.
No it's a matter of following the scriptures and what's written in your heart, and knowing deep down that ET cannot be true. It's what you have been taught, but it's not the truth. Me and RodgerTutt are following the scriptures and the scriptures say that ET is a lie.

It's true that there is no such thing as free will because God is in control of all things but it very much does matter whether or not we follow Christ and whether or not we are saved. God does choose us, but I feel strongly that we can reject that choosing without the proper knowledge of who God really is. That's what I, Rodger and other UR's are trying to do here is to make known the true nature of our Loving Father and how much sweeter life is with Jesus Christ in it. It's something that needs to be talked about and it's something that needs to be made known.....that God is NOT a monster.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:53 PM

57,239 posts, read 31,015,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
It's true that there is no such thing as free will because God is in control of all things but it very much does matter whether or not we follow Christ and whether or not we are saved. God does choose us, but I feel strongly that we can reject that choosing without the proper knowledge of who God really is. That's what I, Rodger and other UR's are trying to do here is to make known the true nature of our Loving Father and how much sweeter life is with Jesus Christ in it. It's something that needs to be talked about and it's something that needs to be made known.....that God is NOT a monster.
If you can reject God, then you do have free will. But it is true of course. People can, and do reject God.

No, God is not a monster, He sent his own son so that those who believe in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-17-2010 at 05:09 PM..

Old 12-17-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
If you can reject God, then you do have free will.

No, God is not a monster, He sent his own son so that those who believe in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.
As usual you misunderstood what I way saying. God does the choosing, but He can be rejected based on what has been "taught" about Him, and ET most certainly DOES portray God as a monster. You can't get around that one Finn.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:06 PM

6,370 posts, read 5,557,666 times
Quote:

Finn_Jarber, will those that crucified Jesus, be forgiven for crucifying Him?

Old 12-17-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
As usual you misunderstood what I way saying. God does the choosing, but He can be rejected based on what has been "taught" about Him, and ET most certainly DOES portray God as a monster. You can't get around that one Finn.
Again, rejection represents choice, and I agree that people can reject God.

You are judging God by calling Him a monster. A lot of people call God a monster based on what He has done already in OT, but I refuse to call Him that.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:20 PM

3,141 posts, read 2,707,049 times
Lightbulb Choosing what is choice

Quote:
We have a will alright, but in no way is it "free."

Until God lays hold on us by His saving grace and causes Jesus to be "choice" in our heart, we will always reject God (Romans 3:10-18).

Here is a snippet from James Coram's
HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE

"When we choose, we choose what is presently choice to us. It is not possible for us to do otherwise, for our choices reflect the true condition of our heart, and manifest our character.

Similarly, no one to whom Christ is not yet choice can choose Christ. And Christ cannot be choice to anyone to whom He has not yet been made choice. When He is made choice He becomes choice and so is choice; or to say the same thing, He is chosen. This first act of the believer in which Christ is consciously chosen, is merely a consequence of his new mental preference which has been graciously granted to him by God."

CHOOSING WHAT IS CHOICE
Concordant Expositions (html format) - His Achievement Are We

Pride says, "I took the “chance” that God gave me and I got myself saved by properly cooperating with Him."

Humility says, "God laid hold on me by His saving grace and CAUSED Jesus to be "choice" in my heart no thanks to myself at all; just like He did for Saul of Tarsus who became the apostle Paul when a light from heaven blinded him and Jesus said, “I am Jesus Whom you are persecuting.” And Paul said, “Lord, what will you have me do.”

Our conversion may not be anywhere near as dramatic as Paul's but it is no less a 100% accomplishment of God's grace alone, plus nothing.
Sooner or later, everyone will understand that this is so.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
We have a will alright, but in no way is it "free."

Until God lays hold on us by His saving grace and causes Jesus to be "choice" in our heart, we will always reject God (Romans 3:10-18).
Then you are wasting your time. Your words are meaningless since God will puppet-master people into salvation, and your words won't make any difference. In my case you are wasting your time either way since I am already saved.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:38 PM

29,431 posts, read 19,556,303 times
Quote:
Then you are wasting your time. Your words are meaningless since God will puppet-master people into salvation, and your words won't make any difference. In my case you are wasting your time either way since I am already saved.
What do you reckon to this verse then Finn ?

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

Just to add this is not a gospel message , but the result of what happens when God shines his light in a believers heart.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Again, rejection represents choice, and I agree that people can reject God.

You are judging God by calling Him a monster. A lot of people call God a monster based on what He has done already in OT, but I refuse to call Him that.
Come on Finn, you know what I'm saying.....people will reject the ET God even after being chosen because they reject the idea of a bully God who tortures people for eternity. I'm not judging God, you ARE!! I know that God's plan includes everyone, not just a select few.

That's why it's important to get the word out about UR and that God is not the monster that ET portrays. He is about LOVE, not torture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or