U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 12-21-2010, 10:42 AM

7,374 posts, read 3,764,443 times
Its so interesting to see that people Like Finn teach and believe that the all powerful and Sovereign God who word accomplishes all that he desires usually never gets what he wants. What a weak and pathetic God he believes in. Finn, your God (that is to say who you believe God is), is my devil ...

Unread 12-21-2010, 10:43 AM

2,976 posts, read 1,338,927 times
Lightbulb Free will is an illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
but sometimes people choose not to.
Sooner or later, Finn, you are going to learn that it was not even possible for you to refuse to start trusting in Jesus as your Saviour when you did start trusting in Him.

FREE WILL IS AN ILLUSION

Fact is Finn, we always, without exception, choose in the direction of the strongest influence on our mind; the strongest influence being the reasons why we prefer one choice instead of another.

It is absolutely impossible to choose what we do not prefer.
The fact that we chose it shows that we preferred it at least slightly more than some other choice.

Until God makes Jesus "choice" in our heart, we will not want to have anything to do with Him.

Here is a snippet from James Coram's
CHOOSING WHAT IS CHOICE

"When we choose, we choose what is presently choice to us. It is not possible for us to do otherwise, for our choices reflect the true condition of our heart, and manifest our character.

Similarly, no one to whom Christ is not yet choice can choose Christ. And Christ cannot be choice to anyone to whom He has not yet been made choice. When He is made choice He becomes choice and so is choice; or to say the same thing, He is chosen.

This first act of the believer in which Christ is consciously chosen, is merely a consequence of his new mental preference which has been graciously granted to him by God."

CHOOSING WHAT IS CHOICE
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 9 - Choosing What Is Choice

Unread 12-21-2010, 10:49 AM

Exclamation Finn's god is my devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
It's so interesting to see that people like Finn teach and believe that the all powerful and Sovereign God whose word accomplishes all that He desires usually never gets what he wants. What a weak and pathetic God he believes in. Finn, your God is my devil ...
President Abraham Lincoln said that very thing to the ET evangelist who tried to threaten him with ET.

"Your god is my devil," Lincoln said to the evangelist.

Instead of, at some point, influencing their will for their own good, Finn's god sustains people alive in an inescapable state of everlasting suffering forever.

Finn's god is my devil too.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-21-2010 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: addition

Unread 12-21-2010, 10:49 AM

7,374 posts, read 3,764,443 times
Finn ... You believe that God wants us to have "free will", right? So when a person makes a free will choice to disobey God, then that person must be doing what God wants them to do. So then God is getting exactly what he wants when people make a free will choice to disobey him, according to what you teach, right?

Unread 12-21-2010, 11:19 AM

31,476 posts, read 9,560,256 times
Quote:
LOL, this is what you resort to when you have no argument. You remind of my 6 year old nephew. Its cute ...
Resort to? No, I mean every word.

Your teaching is clear. You do and say whatever you wish, no matter how badly it goes against the teachings of Christ, and you justify it by saying that ONE DAY God will make you obey His commands, but that day is not today.

And my view is that Jesus wants us to obey his commands TODAY.

HUGE difference.

It seems your 6 yr nephew understands God's desires better than you do.

Let me know when the day comes when God wants you to obey his commands, and maybe then we can have a civilized discussion.

Unread 12-21-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
What a weak and pathetic God he believes in. Finn, your God (that is to say who you believe God is), is my devil ...
Wow.

Unread 12-21-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Finn's god is my devil too.
wow

Unread 12-21-2010, 11:28 AM

Exclamation Ya double "wow"

Quote:
wow
Instead of, at some point, successfully influencing their will for their own good, Finn's god sustains people alive in an inescapable state of everlasting suffering forever.

Finn's god is my devil.

Ya, double WOW!!

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-21-2010 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: change

Unread 12-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Finn's god is my devil.

Ya, double WOW!!
I think you already called my God devil once, but keep it going if it makes you feel better. Let the venom out.

Unread 12-21-2010, 11:36 AM

Lightbulb A god who does not let anyone suffer forever

Quote:
I think you already called my God devil once, but keep it going if it makes you feel better. Let the venom out.
THE BIBLICAL GOD WHO DOES NOT LET ANYONE SUFFER FOREVER

For the consideration of anyone who might be interested enough to check it out, here is an alternate way of interpreting the scriptures.

ET Calvinism, ET Arminianism, or Christian Biblical Universalism
Which view of salvation is true?

Three good expositions specifically answering that question!
ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST – Charles Slagle
Absolute Assurance
WILL JESUS LET ANYONE SUFFER FOREVER? – J. Preston Eby
The Law of Circularity: Will Jesus Torture Billions Forever? How Men Are Saved
CALVINISM, ARMINIANISM AND UNIVERSALISM - David Sulem
20. Calvinism, Arminianism and Universalism

POST SCRIPT: Offering another point of view is what I am all about.
Had I known that one existed I never would have had a horrific twelve year breakdown.
On the other hand, neither would I be motivated to guide others to a different point of view about what the Bible teaches.
So it has turned out good that I suffered that breakdown since I have been able to help many others who have suffered for the same reasons that I suffered.

Why not check out the links and see why some of us see an infinitely different God in the Bible than a god who would let anyone suffer forever?

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-21-2010 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity