Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 01:09 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
No...I never said you were a heretic, I said your theology is heresy.
Maybe not all of it, but much of it is.

Unless you can claim that you aree 100% correct in everything you say, then if what you say is true, your in the same boat as me.

You really can't get around the fact that we are both in the body of Christ, and Christ trumps us both, welcome neighbor.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Unless you can claim that you aree 100% correct in everything you say, then if what you say is true, your in the same boat as me.
I don't claim that either....but, I do claim apokastasis is.

Quote:
You really can't get around the fact that we are both in the body of Christ, and Christ trumps us both, welcome neighbor.
In that I agree....Paul's command isn't about who is a heretic or not, it is about errors....heresies/αἱρέσεις/tenets...that lay within it....and which one...is approved by God. The Body of Christ unites and divides...but what has remained constant?

Old 11-17-2010, 01:29 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
but what has remained constant?

The power of Jesus

Old 11-17-2010, 01:45 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,284 times
Default THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – Dr. Loyal Hurley

Quote:
This is a clear cut case of a Universalists rinsing the words that one has said to promote their paradigm
So we have a theology (FPCC) "based on the Bible" that proves that God will poof most of the human race out of existence.

versus

A theology (UR) "based on the Bible" whose Savior will eventually transform the existence of evil into something better for everyone than if evil had not existed in the first place.

THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – Dr. Loyal Hurley (NOT TENTMAKER)
http://www.gtft.org/Library/miscellaneous/TheOutcomeOfInfiniteGrace.htm (broken link)

And of course both of us are very sure that we are believing the truth, and both of us will no doubt die believing like we do now.

So be it.

Interested readers will choose which one they think glorifies God the most.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-17-2010 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 11-17-2010, 01:54 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
So we have a theology (FPCC) "based on the Bible" that proves that God will poof most of the human race out of existence.

versus

A theology (UR) "based on the Bible" whose Savior will eventually transform the existence of evil into something better for everyone than if evil had not existed in the first place.

And of course both of us are very sure that we are believing the truth, and both of us will no doubt die believing like we do now.

So be it.

Interested readers will choose which one they think glorifies God the most.
You have been corrected rodgertutt on your inability to interpret Paul's and let alone the simplistic English formatting of my words..., yet you still spam the forum with your links over and over again...why not start a specific thread where you can hoist your podium up and present your teachers?

Old 11-17-2010, 02:21 PM

Question Why not hoist my teachers up on my own thread?

Quote:
why not start a specific thread where you can hoist your podium up and present your teachers?
Why not hoist my teachers up on my own thread, you ask?

Because I want people on this "two option" thread (ET and AN) to know that there is a third option UR, just like you want people on this "two option" thread to know there is yet a fourth option FPCC.

I think I (the third option guy) belong on this thread just as much as you (the fourth option guy) do.

So here I go, hoisting away.
All of these works can be read in their entirety on line.

THE SCHOLARS CORNER THE CENTER FOR BIBLE STUDIES IN CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALISM
Scholar's Corner: The Center for Bible studies in Christian Universalism

ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST – Charles Slagle

HOPE BEYOND HELL - Gerry Beauchemin (recently published)

CHRIST TRIUMPHANT - Thomas Allin

THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – Dr. Loyal Hurley

ONE HUNDRED SCRIPTURAL PROOFS THAT JESUS CHRIST WILL SAVE ALL MANKIND - Thomas Whittemore

TWENTY-FOUR SERMONS ON UNIVERSAL SALVATION – John Bovee Dods

THE SECOND DEATH AND THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – Andrew Jukes

ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY REASONS FOR BELIEVING IN THE FINAL SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND – Erasmus Manford

BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED – John Wesley Hanson

THE PROBLEM OF EVIL – John Essex

HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE – James Coram

THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – George Hawtin

THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD SERIES – J. Preston Eby

THE PURPOSE OF EVIL – A.P. Adams

WILL GOD’S PLAN FAIL? – Charles Pridgeon

THE PROBLEM OF EVIL AND THE JUDGMENTS OF GOD – A.E. Knoch

GOD’S EONIAN PURPOSE - Adlai Loudy

THE TRUE BASIS OF REDEMPTION – A.P. Adams

Universalism The Prevailing Doctrine Of The Christian Church During Its First Five Hundred Years - J.W. Hanson

TWO TREASURE HOUSES OF CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALIST ARTICLES
Christian Universalism Articles by Title
Christian Universalism Articles

Old 11-17-2010, 07:20 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Amen sister...Wash Rinse and Repeat....

my head is spinning......

Absolutely.

I got your back, Verna....anyday..
Thank you Ken.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:26 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
You assume too much and take against a sister in Christ. Her and I are divides apart on the timing of eschatology, but guess what Mr. Hazelwood... the themes are identical. There is always common ground amongst those who God is in approval with. That's how we grow.

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Unfortunately, your theology, at least from what I have seen here and at Tentmaker, falls into the bolded word....precisely why Verna and I, fall into the underlined of Paul's command.
Precisely why myself, and select futurists on this site, band together, even Mike55. Because WE, as a body in Christ, are approved, and none of you will ever rest here, as long as we are here.

Talk about a City Data fulfillment of scripture!
Excellant post Ken...I couldn't have said it better.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 PM

Post Choose which theology most glorifies god

Quote:
For there must be also heresies among you
And of course we URs believe that verse is referring to your non-UR doctrines.

Quote:
WE, as a body in Christ, are approved, and none of you URs will ever rest here, as long as we are here.
Approved? By who?

We URs have no desire to "rest" here.
We want a foil like you non URs as a contrast to show up the difference between our theologies so people can choose what they think most glorifies God.

God letting part of humanity suffer forever or cease to exist

versus

ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS THAT HE WILL SAVE EVERYONE
absolute assurance in jesus christ

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-17-2010 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 11-17-2010, 08:49 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
And of course we URs believe that verse is referring to your non-UR doctrines.

Approved? By who?
Themselves, of course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity