Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 11:04 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
I very much understand Paul!!

My 72 year old brain can only keep up with two or three threads at a time, even though some of the subject titles look tempting.

I'm retired and have the time, but my quick wittedness is not as sharp as it used to be.

God bless you Paul!!
God bless you as well brother. Hope to see you soon.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:12 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,300 times
Smile Hope to see you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
God bless you as well brother. Hope to see you soon.
Thanks Paul.

Hope to see you soon too!!

What is it? We are allowed around 70 years down here?

I think that's what it says.

See you soon then.

I'm thinking that if you average out how long everyone in the world lives it probably does come out to around 70.
It's a new thought to me.

You keep thinkin' Rodger, that's what you think you are good at.
Well , maybe sometimes. :-)

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-04-2010 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-04-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Thanks Paul.

Hope to see you soon too!!

What is it? We are allowed around 70 years down here?

I think that's what it says.

See you soon then.

I'm thinking that if you average out how long everyone in the world lives it probably does come out to around 70.
It's a new thought to me.

You keep thinkin' Rodger, that's what you think you are good at.
Well , maybe sometimes. :-)

Old 12-04-2010, 12:55 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:

Sooner or later all mankind will be save? That is not what Jesus teachs us. I mean really, He comes out and tells you. How can you ignore His words?

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, (BUT ONLY) the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Jesus tells you that not everyone will enter the kingdom of heaven. Yet somehow your able to ignore His clear teaching and then suggest that all mankind will be saved. It pretty obvious you believe your doctrine. Yet you do not believe Christ own words. Why is that?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:58 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Sooner or later all mankind will be save? That is not what Jesus teachs us. I mean really, He comes out and tells you. How can you ignore His words?

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, (BUT ONLY) the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Were the people who were a part of the inquisitions and Crusades those who said, "lord, lord?" (most definitely, yes!) But, they couldn't be a part of the kingdom because they were physically fighting. They couldn't "see." You can't see the kingdom until you love.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:34 PM

20 posts, read 27,690 times
Default Law of Jubilee

God's law of Jubilee is found in Leviticus:

Leviticus 25:8-13 – And thou hast numbered to thee seven sabbaths of years, seven years seven times, and the days of the seven sabbaths of years have been to thee nine and forty years, and thou hast caused a trumpet of shouting to pass over in the seventh month, in the tenth of the month; in the day of the atonements ye do cause a trumpet to pass over though all your land; and ye have hallowed the year, the fiftieth year; and ye have proclaimed liberty in the land to all its inhabitants; a jubilee it is to you; and ye have turned back each unto his possession; yea, each unto his family ye do turn back. A jubilee it [is], the fiftieth year, a year it is to you; ye sow not, nor reap its spontaneous growth, nor gather its separated things; for a jubilee it [is], holy it is you; out of the field ye eat its increase; in the year of this jubilee ye turn back unto his possession. (YLT)

Basically, the law of Jubilee says that no man can loose his land inheritance through debt. If a man becomes so poor he has to sell part of his property; his nearest relative is to come and buy back what the man sold. This saves the man temporarily, but he is still in debt to his relative. Then in the year of Jubilee which occurs every 49 years, the land would revert back to him all debts were to be cancelled. This law can also be applied spiritually. It mandates a restitution of all things. This includes the all of creation being freed of sin at one point. An annihilation would not fulfill this law. Restitution is different than salvation, as salvation means being saved from the lake of fire. People will still suffer in the lake of fire, but it will result in being free of sin and having knowledge of the truth. For more on this, see my article on the lake of fire: Lake of Fire God Bless.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:46 PM

Lightbulb Eventually god will save everyone

Quote:
Yet you do not believe Christ own words. Why is that?
None of what you just said indicates that God will not eventually save everyone.

Click on
Understanding Universal Salvation Part One
Then scroll down and click on
How Jesus Handles Being Given Everybody And Everything

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-04-2010 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-04-2010, 04:26 PM

Thumbs up The year of jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar781 View Post
In the year of Jubilee which occurs every 49 years, the land would revert back to him all debts were to be cancelled. This law can also be applied spiritually. It mandates a restitution of all things.

This includes the all of creation being freed of sin at one point. An annihilation would not fulfill this law. Restitution is different than salvation, as salvation means being saved from the lake of fire. People will still suffer in the lake of fire, but it will result in being free of sin and having knowledge of the truth. For more on this, see my article on the lake of fire: Lake of Fire God Bless.
Jaguar, on a different post I asked if you are a universalist.
The above answers my question.
It is very good!

Here is another good one on the year of Jubilee by another UR that you might like to check out.
JUBILEE
Jubilee: The Year of Jubilee; The Inheritance; Tracing Our Inheritance; Inheritance Lost; Redemption; Redemption vs. Jubilee; Limited Redemption; Jubilee! The Blowing Of Trumpets; The Jubilee Trumpet

Old 12-05-2010, 07:28 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
None of what you just said indicates that God will not eventually save everyone.

Click on
Understanding Universal Salvation Part One
Then scroll down and click on
How Jesus Handles Being Given Everybody And Everything

If you believe that. Then you must also believe that Jesus is a liar. Jesus tells you outright that not everyone will enter God's Kingdom. Only if you twist His Words can you get Him to say something else. Jesus tells us that the Gate that leads to destruction is wide, and many will enter it. Whereas the Gate that leads to life is narrow, (AND FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT). It all comes down to believing Jesus. Or promoting your own personal spin.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
If you believe that. Then you must also believe that Jesus is a liar. Jesus tells you outright that not everyone will enter God's Kingdom. Only if you twist His Words can you get Him to say something else. Jesus tells us that the Gate that leads to destruction is wide, and many will enter it. Whereas the Gate that leads to life is narrow, (AND FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT). It all comes down to believing Jesus. Or promoting your own personal spin.

Jesus says that there are few FINDING it (Present Tense). NOT few will EVER find it.

Mat 7:14 how strait is the gate, and compressed the way that is leading to the life, and few are those finding it!

Note that the verse does not carry the meaning that few will ever find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity