Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:13 PM

63,417 posts, read 39,657,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't believe I have ever heard anyone say this until now: "I am perfect." This is so over the top, I simply can't believe it! You, twin.spin, claim to be perfect. If this is the case, you don't even need a Savior! You could be one for the rest of us!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. What exactly do you mean by, "I am perfect"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Maybe he means that he is perfect, in that he is perfectly imperfect?
In that sense we are all perfect.
Peace ...
In the Bible . . . the word translated as "perfect" actually means "mature" . . . NOT what it has come to mean in English usage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 07:29 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,713,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
In the Bible . . . the word translated as "perfect" actually means "mature" . . . NOT what it has come to mean in English usage.
Right, spiritually complete or spiritually mature.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:38 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,420,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't believe I have ever heard anyone say this until now: "I am perfect." This is so over the top, I simply can't believe it! You, twin.spin, claim to be perfect. If this is the case, you don't even need a Savior! You could be one for the rest of us!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. What exactly do you mean by, "I am perfect"?
What made Noah a just man and perfect in his generations in the sight of God?

Moderator cut: personal

2 Samuel 22:33 gives you the answer

Psalm 18:32 gives you the answer

Hebrews 10:14 gives you the answer

Hebrews 12:23 gives you the answer

Yes Katzpur, Heavenly Father commanded to "be perfect" ... present tense. Even the BoM has it in the "present tense".

I didn't miss the point of flylady's article....you are. (which I know better)
It wasn't accidental that her article talked about a lack of "worthiness" for the drive to be perfect. Anybody can read that she was using parallelisms.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-05-2010 at 05:57 PM..

Old 10-01-2010, 07:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,420,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
It figures you would leave out the most important thing ...

Love ...

No one is perfect, only Christ is perfect(refer to - Rom 3:10). It is the obedience of Christ that justifies us, not our obedience(refer to - Rom 5:19). It it is the faith of Christ that pleases God, the faith which is given us by the spirit of God(refer to - Gal 2:16,Gal 3:22,Phl 3:9,Rom 3:22,). And it work of Christ that saves us, not our work(Refer to - The entire new testament).

Ill have faith in Christ ...

P.S.

There was no law in the time of Noah ...
There was no law in the time of Noah
Ever heard of "death"?
Romans 5:12-14 says it didn't matter if there was no law.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

To enter heaven a person must be perfect. No unrighteous, impure, unholy person will never be allowed to enter it. You don't realize the significance of Jesus being our subsitute.

I am perfect for the same reason Noah was.

Romans 1:17
For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

Old 10-05-2010, 02:35 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,713,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
There was no law in the time of Noah
Ever heard of "death"?
Romans 5:12-14 says it didn't matter if there was no law.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

To enter heaven a person must be perfect. No unrighteous, impure, unholy person will never be allowed to enter it. You don't realize the significance of Jesus being our subsitute.

I am perfect for the same reason Noah was.

Romans 1:17
For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."
I understand very well what it means that Christ is our substitute. I am weak but he is strong. I rest in him, and trust that i am justified because of his work and not my own. If you do not believe that is what it means that he is our substitute, then it i believe it is you who does not realize what it means.

God bless ...

Old 10-05-2010, 03:19 PM

320 posts, read 447,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
To many, the thought of everlasting punishment for sinners, whether they profess Jesus or not, is unthinkable; they cannot imagine their loved ones being sent to this place called hell to suffer for eternity; therefore, they attempt to come up with other ways. For some, it's annihilation; for others, it's no hell at all; they claim that the Bible has been mistranslated. The truth is simply more than they can bear.

Instead of trying to conform the Word to your feelings, why not get down to business with God about your loved ones? If need be, go on a 40 day fast for God to shake them up, sending the fear of hell fire down on them. Some don't believe in fear to shake up a sinner, well God does. And, I listen to Him, not the theories of men.

Those who die in their sins have trampled the precious blood of Christ underfoot, and counted it worthless. Therefore, they will be turned over to the devil where he and all his angels will be tormented forever.
There are no two forces at work, " Good and Evil " but only one, The Divine Spirit whom resides in everyone. But know one can prove this as actual evidence to you because it would be like, trying to prove to you that water is actually wet.

The Devil dosen't exist any more then Ghost, Gobblims and Nemo's. You and others who believe Bible Myth and Doctrines, Only create what you fear.

To each his own.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:26 PM

27,889 posts, read 29,685,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I didn't miss the point of flylady's article....you are. (which I know better) It wasn't accidental that her article talked about a lack of "worthiness" for the drive to be perfect.
Nor was it accidental that the article didn't have one single solitary thing to do with her religion inducing guilt or stress. If you read something to the contrary, quote her directly rather than putting words in her mouth. Then maybe the people reading this can see what she actually said, rather than what you're accusing her of having said.

Last edited by Katzpur; 10-05-2010 at 07:35 PM..

Old 10-05-2010, 07:36 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,566,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
There are no two forces at work, " Good and Evil " but only one, The Divine Spirit whom resides in everyone. But know one can prove this as actual evidence to you because it would be like, trying to prove to you that water is actually wet.

The Devil dosen't exist any more then Ghost, Gobblims and Nemo's. You and others who believe Bible Myth and Doctrines, Only create what you fear.

To each his own.
Apparently you've never had an encounter with pure unadulterated evil. When you do, then we'll see what you have to say about whether or not there is a Satan. He's very real and very busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity