Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 03:21 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Mike, do you prefer that we respond to you with references to post numbers or just give you straight answers even if duplicated elsewhere so that those responses address you more personably?
I've said my say at this time. Refer back to the aforementioned posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 03:31 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerreye View Post
To say that Jesus will reign "for ever and ever" is to deny the plain declarations of scripture. He only reigns UNTIL all enemies are subjected under His feet.

Luke 1:33
"And he shall REIGN over the house of Jacob for ever [GK: AION, meaning 'into the AGE']; and OF His kingdom [the RESULT of His reign; His completed Kingdom] there shall be NO END."

The reign ends, but the kingdom does NOT.

1 Cor 15:24-25
"Then cometh the END, when he shall have DELIVERED UP the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have PUT DOWN A-L-L rule and A-L-L authority AND A-L-L power. 25 For he must reign, U-N-T-I-L he hath put all enemies under his feet."

To REIGN means to RULE, to have AUTHORITY, and to have POWER over someone. Paul clearly tells us that all of those things will be "PUT DOWN"...Why? Paul answers: "for He must reign U-N-T-I-L...".

Once all enemies are subdued unto Jesus (this is a positive thing), He no longer has to reign over anything or anyone. How? Because all enemies will have "MADE righteous [Rom 5:18-19]" and "MADE alive"[1 Cor 15:22] at "the END". The LAST enemy, DEATH [which includes the second death], will be ABOLISHED.

Notice that it doesn't say that His enemies will be "abolished". Only the LAST enemy is done away with (abolished)! ......so that God may be ALL IN A-L-L [enemies included] - 1 Cor 15:28.
just as well He no longer linger in the blessed Trinity once Earth ends. But the Godhead I suppose needs to be 'three' persons, or just a triad. Eternally will this way mean 'from here at this point in time on'. Nevertheless, the speculated about eternity 'from no beginning to no end' means infinitely true of the Trinity for One God 'in Heaven', I guess. I'm getting good at this. Formless Heaven forming the Word; my mathematics believes that the instant is more than a word.

A...haaa.. but instant is always more, and not sufficient for a Peace of Mind. Thus an instant consents to some kind of heavenless Sin.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:36 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I will not keep going over and over what that means. It has been spoken of time and again. Refer to the following link for the meaning of ages of the ages. http://catholicadventist.com/Papers/Q_Hell_Rev2010.pdf

And no, I am not Catholic.
Mike, that is fine with me if you don't want to go over "ages of the ages" any more. But I am just curious why, after all these many posts you have not added to your knowledge on this point?

King of kings does not mean interminable kings.

Lord of lords does not mean interminable lords.

Ages of the ages does not mean interminable ages.

That's O.K. if you wish to remain stubborn to this fact. But just don't think we are going to just let you post innumerable post after post that Jesus is going to reign forever and that God is going to eternally torture people.

You keep posting your stuff and we will respond. If you wish everyone to see you are incapable of growth that is not our problem.

Last edited by Eusebius; 01-17-2011 at 04:11 PM..

Old 01-17-2011, 03:40 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times
Quote:
I think the constant "see post whatever" or "refer to post whatever" or "see aforementioned posts" is quite arrogant and needless to say, irritating. Just say it again for heaven's sake.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:14 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I think the constant "see post whatever" or "refer to post whatever" or "see aforementioned posts" is quite arrogant and needless to say, irritating. Just say it again for heaven's sake.
Ilene, I call it "intractable," and "incalcitrant"

Old 01-17-2011, 04:26 PM

910 posts, read 1,337,528 times
Quote:
Because of 1 Corinthians 15:24, there are those who believe that Jesus Christ will not reign forever.

1 Corinthians 15:24 'Then comes the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25] For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.

But here are what the following passages say:

Luke 1:33 'And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever (aionas); and His Kingdom will have no end. This passage approaches the fact that Jesus will reign forever from two different perspectives. First, it states that Jesus will reign forever, and then it strengthens that statement by declaring that there will be no end to His reign. It can't be made any more plain than that.

Hebrews 1:8 ''But of the Son He says, ''Thy throne O God, is forever and ever - eis ton aiona tou aionos - to the ages of the ages. The most emphatic way in the Greek of expressing the concept of eternity.

Yes, Jesus will deliver up the kingdom to the Father at the end of the Millennium when all enemies have been put under His feet, which includes the fallen angels and unbelieving humanity being cast into the lake of fire forever. The last enemy to be defeated will be physical death. All believers and all unbelievers will have been resurrected, and there will be no more physical death. Unbelievers of course will be thrown into the lake of fire which is the Second death where they will live forever in eternal shame, ruin, uselessness and torment. Then Jesus will indeed deliver up the kingdom to the Father, and it will be the triune God; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit who will rule forever.

The eternal throne is that of God and of the Lamb. Revelation 22:1 'And He showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God (the Father) and of the Lamb (Jesus Christ).

Revelation 22:3 'And there shall no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His bond-servents shall serve Him:

So Jesus will turn over the Millennial kingdom to God, and time will give way to eternity future, and the triune God will rule over all.
Since you are a believer of the false rapture doctrine, I'd like to know if Christ will reign in the clouds or on earth and if he will answer the name Jesus?

Old 01-17-2011, 04:26 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Ok, Mike, but the Spirit that Christ had was one of "do unto others as you would have done unto you". Think about then when you want to talk to others and give them a post to then place a burden on them to figure out what you trying to say when you could easily go back to the posts yourself and copy and post the relevant parts in your answer.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:31 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Ilene, I cannot spend all of my time on this forum. I spend too much time as it is. To continue to repeat things over and over is a waste of time. There comes a point when enough has been said. It is a given that there are people who reject fundamental doctrine and always will no matter what may be said.

As far as this particular thread is concerned, I have said enough and people will just have to refer back to my prior posts. People are free to believe what they want. I can't hold a club over anyones head and make them believe anything. All I can do is to present information. And that I have done.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:51 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But just don't think we are going to just let you post innumerable post after post that Jesus is going to reign forever and that God is going to eternally torture people.

You keep posting your stuff and we will respond. If you wish everyone to see you are incapable of growth that is not our problem.
And good for Mike, that kind of growth isn't his problem.

God declares that his Son will reign forever...Isaiah 9:7, Luke 1:33
God declares that his will is that only those who looks to and believes in his Son are saved John 6:40
God declares his wrath remains on those who reject his Son John 3:36

Isaiah 9:7

Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

"and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.”

1 Samuel 12:15
But if you do not obey the LORD, and if you rebel against his commands, his hand will be against you

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, ..."

Old 01-17-2011, 05:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Since you are a believer of the false rapture doctrine, I'd like to know if Christ will reign in the clouds or on earth and if he will answer the name Jesus?
Being that scripture teaches Amillennialism and not Millennialism is not the point.

Either way, The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.Jesus will reign forever

Isaiah 9:7

Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

"and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity