U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 PM

149 posts, read 49,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81
If you are not aware that we are near the end, than you are walking in darkness (1 Thessalonians 5:4) and primed for the deception of your life (2 Thessalonians 2:11).

Those walking in the day will not be caught by surprise.
People are already in darkness, and already entrenched in the deception you speak of Mikelee81. Contrary to what the majority thinks, Antichrist has never been, and never will be, a "single" personage (a single individual).

Notice what Jesus said to the disciples when they inquired about the end of the age:

"As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. 'Tell us,' they said, 'when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?' And Jesus answered and said to them: 'Take heed that no one deceives you. For MANY will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.'" (Matthew 24:3-5)

NEVER did Jesus say that ONE will come in His name, He said "MANY."

In the Greek it renders: "For MANY will come in [on the strength of] My name [appropriating the name which belongs to Me], saying, I am the Christ [the Messiah] and they will lead many astray.

The "appropriate the name that belongs to Christ" ('INSTEAD OF' Christ). Notice what the disciple John says concerning Antichrist:

"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now MANY antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us." (1 John 2:18,19)

Notice there are MANY antichrists, and notice "they went out from us" - however, "they did not really belong to us." (they came in the name of Christ, but instead led many astray, because they did not really belong to Christ).

The disciple John 1900 years ago said that there were, even at that time, "many antichrists". And if John saw many antichrists in his day, after only a few decades into the Church age (dispensation of the Spirit), how much more may we TODAY say that there are "many antichrists" after 1900 years of corrupt religion and tradition, during which time God also said that "evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived" (2 Timothy 3:13). Antichrist is already here, and has been for 1900 years.

Paul tells of these same deceivers who come in Christ's name:

"They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no wonder that his ministers also disguise themselves as ministers of righteousness." (2 Corinthians 11:13-15)

Antichrist is not going to be some-ONE from Iran, or Jerusalem, or North Korea, or the United States, or China, etc. Antichrist is a theocratic BEAST, a belief system, that derives its power from the devil, who "sits in the temple of God" (the carnal mind of human beings), organized into a massive kingdom of darkness, deception, error, and superstition, which MASQUERADES AS CHRIST'S KINGDOM.

"And I saw another beast ascending up from the earth, and it had two horns, like a lamb; and it spake as a dragon." (Revelation 13:11)

This beast is characterized as a beast that has two horns like THE LAMB ['looks like' the Lamb Slain, Jesus Christ - i.e. - looks Christian], BUT it speaks like THE DRAGON [but it 'speaks' and sounds just like that old serpent, the DRAGON, called the devil, and Satan (Revelation 13:11, 12:9). "Horns" in Bible prophecy denote dominion, power, authority, or kingship, so this unholy power has a "two-fold" dominion. This beast is later called "the false prophet" (Revelation 19:20; 20:10). This beast with the "two horns like a lamb" denotes a two-fold (Catholic and Protestant) religious power which professes to be the true representative of the Lamb of God in the world. It pretends to be harmless, meek, mild, inoffensive, non aggressive LIKE A LAMB, and has many professions of cleanliness, purity, holiness, sanctity, and godliness - however, "it SPAKE AS A DRAGON!"

As I have stated before; Who else but a FIRE AND BRIMSTONE breathing DRAGON would breath "hot air" out of his mouth, pronouncing a "sentence" on God's children of everlasting sadistic torture with FIRE AND BRIMSTONE in Hell? This sick, twisted, evil doctrine could only come from the "great dragon", the arch deceiver - Satan, the devil - spoken through his body; the body of Antichrist.

Antichrist is already here Mikelee81, and it has been for almost two millennia! Millions gather and glorify in its shame every Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 PM

7,439 posts, read 2,632,525 times
"The beast nature inhumanity, insists on having its own way."

Old 06-21-2012, 12:55 AM

149 posts, read 49,355 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerwade

"The beast nature inhumanity, insists on having its own way."
Indeed Ironically, the beast nature is human nature.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9)

Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 AM

4,345 posts, read 3,668,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
If you are not aware that we are near the end, than you are walking in darkness (1 Thessalonians 5:4) and primed for the deception of your life (2 Thessalonians 2:11).

Those walking in the day will not be caught by surprise.
I heard the exact same thing in the 1960s. For many the "general" end times is not a strong enough drug to get their fix so assuring that this and that will happen by such and such a year provides the stronger kick. When the set time passes a new story emerges and eventually fails and is forgotten as the addicts move onto the next scenario. At some point common sense needs to take a look at this practice and realize what's really happening.

In the 60's it was all hinged around the Soviet union and communism. My mom skipped college in the 50's because the bible people were convinced the end was near due to whatever madness was occurring then. I'm sure the 1940s predictors felt justified as Naziism shook the world but of course we now now it was just an epic disaster and not the end.

Now my elderly dad is pushing a deal about the bible proving the world is ending this year (A Jewish scholar is involved I think? there's a vid laying around somewhere - should be fun to check out).

Here's a history of end time beliefs starting in 2800 BC (!)

A Brief History of the Apocalypse

Old 06-21-2012, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi firstborn888, it's good to see you again God bless and peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That's what I was thinking.
Wow. long time no see, brother!
love ya,
sparrow
Thanks people! Good to see you guys too.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:11 PM

4,043 posts, read 1,451,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
My wife seemed visibly upset one night a few months back and I asked her what was wrong. Turns out she had received this info in email form from a friend:

http://www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=35440

Excerpts:
For Rick - it's not enough to "prophesy" The End Of The U.S. As We Know It (THIS YEAR) including a nation wide earthquake he must also reach back to some apparently unfulfilled Y2K fantasy and say a delayed y2k bug is "possible".

Notice how this anonymous secular source gets airplay at a Christian forum because it agrees with the end-time doomsday scenario. May not have a job? Tell us something we don't already know (and have known since the end of 2008).

Love this one. Why? It says nothing - has no content except sensationalism. Basically "Something is going to happen, something totally new. It's so different we can't even know what it is". LOL!!! "Prophets" love sensationalism.

Google this one and you will find 12,600 results. People eat this stuff up! Except - it's October now, right?

I sense an almost orgasmic glee in this one. Tribal "us vs. them" mentality at it's worst. How cool - God will clearly show who is evil and who's not. Won't that be a shock!!!!

Except, people should already know by our fruit, right? But haha - wait till they see me eating and themselves starving! Then all will know I'm of God and they are not!!!.

Won't it be a shock when a bunch of atheists are doing fine. And my response will be like Jesus' "A tree is known by it's fruit".

Well - there's that nationwide earthquake again.

Funny - my CNN told me (end of 2008) we were possibly headed for a great depression. Then they reports facts about markets (good and bad) AND more bad could come. Yet, apparently some fundies are convinced that the media works for the devil or something. Political slants aside, please stop seeing a demon behind every tree, bush and outhouse.

. *Yawn* (nothing new here).
!!!!! That's the truth!
Hear this? If your job is trying to substitute itself for dependence on God then you will lose it. Let's see how many end-timers keep working but ask their bosses to cancel their paycheck (so they won't be tempted to not trust God).

Anyway - I sat down with my wife and reminded her that the doom and gloom folks have been saying all this stuff since we were little, AND since our parents were little (!) and 99% of it is guess-work based on current events and exploiting people's fears.

Read the whole thing if you must.
http://www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=35440 But this trash is speculation/fear mongering fueled by real world events but all dressed up in religious garb.

It's all bad except for the few special people who will fly away to never never land while everyone else goes to hell.

We DO need to be aware of the crises we are facing, but we need to do it with clear minds and loving hearts. We need to vote out officials who are spending all our money on ineffective programs and learn to love our neighbors as ourselves.

I wish we would just: Work hard to turn things around

and: stop lying about nationwide earthquakes and stop putting false end of the world scenarios out there.

Oh dear, there is a presence that wishes to PRESSURE folks to prepare for the collapse of our dollar and society. Tell your dear wife to not read so much of this stuff, and spend this time instead in silence and stillness, alone with God. To listen and then follow her hunches, those silent leadings on what is wise and not wise. Yes, things are going to happen. Seems anyone with even a minimal amount of discernment would see it just as they can see storm clouds gatherning on the horizon. Don't let one feel pressured to panic and get to work quickly, doing things these folks suggest.

Still oneself, silence....sincerely asking within to be shown and led, and THEN...get up and do things but not in a hurried manner as if WE must make things happen or we won't be okay.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:47 PM

2,966 posts, read 1,564,812 times
well, urgency is one of the successful aspects of any marketing, especially religion.
FOR EXAMPLE If I am trying to sell YOU a Car (And I am not, but just hypothetically) Let's say FIRST I have to convince you that you want and need the car, that the car will exceed all of your expectations and needs, and then that you need it, how much better your life will be after you own it. THEN I have to convince you to buy it NOW because it may not be here tomorrow, and the price may go up tomorrow, and I can get you the best deal IF you BUY NOW!!!

SOUND FAMILIAR?

Maybe I can convince you to prepare for the upcoming disaster by letting me sell you a bombproof shelter, or guns or food whatever.....
Ot gold, or precious metals...

OR MAYBE prepare for the upcoming rapture.
Which is most irresponsible of all, because if Jesus is coming in the next 45 minutes, then no need to buy, prepare, clean , feed your kids, or do anything. JESUS is gonna fix it all when he comes back

NOW if you do believe all that I have a great deal on a bridge in New York city.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Maybe I can convince you to prepare for the upcoming disaster by letting me sell you a bombproof shelter, or guns or food whatever.....
Ot gold, or precious metals...
I mentioned my dad being into one of these end time things and Jim Bakker (RED FLAG!!!) is selling stand alone solar generators to help us be prepared for the judgements of God upon America (how is THAT going to help if almighty God is judging you??? ).

What my dad's into is basically laid out here:
Jonathan Cahn with Sid Roth Part 1: Harbinger the Warning - YouTube

And for 50 bucks you can get the cds and learn how to prosper and be well while God is destroying your entire country! What a deal!!!! Man, you would have to be an idiot not to take a deal like that!

Last edited by firstborn888; 06-23-2012 at 02:37 AM..

Old 06-23-2012, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Tell your dear wife to not read so much of this stuff,
It was the only thing she read - one email (which is all in the OP). The people pushing this stuff know how to push buttons but this was originally posted in Oct. 2010 and ALL the predictions failed so, of course, she is no longer worried and in fact I pointed out the flaws immediately so she didn't even lose a nights sleep.

This post in to maybe help other hapless potential victims not to be drawn in by these charlatans.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:18 AM

Well, it's been almost 2 years since this thread started and obviously all the predictors receive the thumbs down for the mass epic fail... except that ... now we have a whole 'nuther set of circumstances to promote doomsday over and the same people are cashing in again (with the same audience) but I hope that threads like this will help some who are caught up (pardon the rapture pun) in this stuff see how it works.

Yes, disasters happen and always have - sometimes epic world changing disasters. This is only proof that (to quote Ecclesiastes) time and chance happen to all. "I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all" ---- "People can never predict when hard times might come. Like fish in a net or birds in a trap, people are caught by sudden tragedy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
My wife seemed visibly upset one night a few months back and I asked her what was wrong. Turns out she had received this info in email form from a friend:

http://www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=35440

Excerpts:
For Rick - it's not enough to "prophesy" The End Of The U.S. As We Know It (THIS YEAR) including a nation wide earthquake he must also reach back to some apparently unfulfilled Y2K fantasy and say a delayed y2k bug is "possible".

Notice how this anonymous secular source gets airplay at a Christian forum because it agrees with the end-time doomsday scenario. May not have a job? Tell us something we don't already know (and have known since the end of 2008).

Love this one. Why? It says nothing - has no content except sensationalism. Basically "Something is going to happen, something totally new. It's so different we can't even know what it is". LOL!!! "Prophets" love sensationalism.

Google this one and you will find 12,600 results. People eat this stuff up! Except - it's October now, right?

I sense an almost orgasmic glee in this one. Tribal "us vs. them" mentality at it's worst. How cool - God will clearly show who is evil and who's not. Won't that be a shock!!!!

Except, people should already know by our fruit, right? But haha - wait till they see me eating and themselves starving! Then all will know I'm of God and they are not!!!.

Won't it be a shock when a bunch of atheists are doing fine. And my response will be like Jesus' "A tree is known by it's fruit".

Well - there's that nationwide earthquake again.

Funny - my CNN told me (end of 2008) we were possibly headed for a great depression. Then they reports facts about markets (good and bad) AND more bad could come. Yet, apparently some fundies are convinced that the media works for the devil or something. Political slants aside, please stop seeing a demon behind every tree, bush and outhouse.

. *Yawn* (nothing new here).
!!!!! That's the truth!
Hear this? If your job is trying to substitute itself for dependence on God then you will lose it. Let's see how many end-timers keep working but ask their bosses to cancel their paycheck (so they won't be tempted to not trust God).

Anyway - I sat down with my wife and reminded her that the doom and gloom folks have been saying all this stuff since we were little, AND since our parents were little (!) and 99% of it is guess-work based on current events and exploiting people's fears.

Read the whole thing if you must.
http://www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=35440 But this trash is speculation/fear mongering fueled by real world events but all dressed up in religious garb.

It's all bad except for the few special people who will fly away to never never land while everyone else goes to hell.

We DO need to be aware of the crises we are facing, but we need to do it with clear minds and loving hearts. We need to vote out officials who are spending all our money on ineffective programs and learn to love our neighbors as ourselves.

I wish we would just: Work hard to turn things around

and: stop lying about nationwide earthquakes and stop putting false end of the world scenarios out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity