Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 04:30 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKC6cgC2iCA

Old 10-09-2010, 10:50 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
He says that he a very active born and raised Mormon, highly reguarded and held many positions in the LDS.

He says that "anti-Mormon" material didn't help nor does any benefit to answer the question that came to haunt him, though he couldn't but it into exact words until he heard it on the radio ......

"If you (emphasis on you) can make yourself righteous (perfect)....why haven't you done it?"

It's a good testimony.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:52 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
I love this guy. He's very knowledgeable and tells it like it is. I've been watching his videos on youtube for a while. They are great!

Old 10-09-2010, 08:40 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
He says that he a very active born and raised Mormon, highly reguarded and held many positions in the LDS.

He says that "anti-Mormon" material didn't help nor does any benefit to answer the question that came to haunt him, though he couldn't but it into exact words until he heard it on the radio ......

"If you (emphasis on you) can make yourself righteous (perfect)....why haven't you done it?"

It's a good testimony.
It's a good testimony for sure.

But I hope you realize (I think you do) that the exact same thing happens in "regular" bible only based churches throughout the world. Many people give their "best shot" at following correct bible doctrine and still don't get the total transformation thing happening. People know they need something, and different things help different people to come to that rebirth experience.

I see that Katzpur has awakened a lot of debate about Mormonism. AISI - both Mormonism and fundamental Christianity has it's share of strange beliefs. However - I sincerely believe that Jesus (AKA: The Spirit of Christ) is concerned with how much we love and are operating in love toward our fellow humans, not in how much we are adhering to some proper religious creed/doctrine.

So, FWIW - if you think Mormonism is way off base, fine. But God sees the heart and Katzpur has stated that she would change beliefs immediately if she knew her's were wrong. That's honest, that's godly AND - what else could you ask of a fellow human?

So (in summery) I think you T.S. are wanting to do the right thing as well as Katzpur, I think you are both operating in agape love and seriously - even though I think you are both off base with beliefs, I think both of you are fulfilling the purpose of God - bringing His kingdom of love to the earth.

Blessings,

- Byron

Old 10-09-2010, 09:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
It's a good testimony for sure.

However - I sincerely believe that Jesus (AKA: The Spirit of Christ) is concerned with how much we love and are operating in love toward our fellow humans, not in how much we are adhering to some proper religious creed/doctrine.
Simple but profound Bryon.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Doubt

Mark 11:22-24
And Jesus answered saying to them, "Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believe that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.”

"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."

Luke 12:29-31
"And do not seek what you will eat and what you will drink, and do not keep worrying. For all these things the nations of the world eagerly seek; but your Father knows that you need these things. But seek His kingdom, and these things will be added to you."

Romans 4:20-21

"Yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform."

1 Thessalonians 5:24
"Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass."

2 Peter 3:9

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."

Psalm 18:30
"As for God, His way is blameless; the word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him."

Isaiah 59:1

"Behold, the LORD'S hand is not so short that it cannot save; nor is His ear so dull that it cannot hear."

1 Peter 4:12-13

"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation."

Romans 10:17
"So, faith comes from hearing; and hearing by the word of Christ."

Isaiah 55:10-11
"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater. So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."

In Touch Ministries (Charles Stanley)

Old 10-11-2010, 11:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
I appreciate your comments firstborn888, and this guy seems thoughtful and sincere, but its nothing that every Mormon doesnt go through on a weekly basis. I hear sincere testimonies every 1st Sunday of the month during fast & testimony meeting. Most are converts from other Christian denominations. If you liked his testimony you should stop into your local LDS church any 1st Sunday! If being born again is to confess that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior than all Mormons are indeed saved......

Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I appreciate your comments firstborn888, and this guy seems thoughtful and sincere, but its nothing that every Mormon doesnt go through on a weekly basis. I hear sincere testimonies every 1st Sunday of the month during fast & testimony meeting. Most are converts from other Christian denominations. If you liked his testimony you should stop into your local LDS church any 1st Sunday! If being born again is to confess that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior than all Mormons are indeed saved......
Sorry, but that isn't all it takes. Your religion preaches a works based salvation. Good luck with that.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:23 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Sorry, but that isn't all it takes. Your religion preaches a works based salvation. Good luck with that.

What else does it take?

Is being moral and upright in your dealings with man in the name of God, bad in your book? Or youre saying that, good works cancels the sinners prayer?

Old 10-12-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
What else does it take?
If you have to ask it, then you don't have it. Your religion is made up of modern day Pharisees, thinking that by obedience to the Law, you can work your way into heaven. Yet, by just breaking 1 Law, you have broken them all. So, again, good luck with that.

Quote:
Is being moral and upright in your dealings with man in the name of God, bad in your book?
It is bad if it isn't done out of love. The purest kind, which I find is not in the hearts of the Mormons I know.

Quote:
Or you're saying that, good works cancels the sinners prayer?
Faith without works is dead. But I will show you my faith, BY my works. IOWs, you should be able to tell who is, and who isn't following the Law of Love, on which hang ALL the commandments.

The sinners prayer is a joke, BTW. It is a modern day easy believism that was not taught by the Apostles, nor is true conversion. Am I saying it doesn't EVER happen? No! But I am saying that most modern day Christians are no different than the world, based upon their acts, which can be interpreted by a sort of works. The is the evidence of their conversion, or lack there of. Faith, hope, charity are the foundations built by Christ. Glenn Beck has stolen it to his own agenda, which makes him extremely dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity