Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 01:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph1980 View Post
The sinner went away righteous as you correctly pointed out. The only prayers of sinners that God hears are the prayers of repentance.

unless of course you believe that the tax collector wasn't praying a prayer of repentance, but continued extorting from the people after he went home...
Not true. God hears faith.

24*“Truly I tell you,” he continued, “no prophet is accepted in his hometown. 25*I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land. 26*Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them, but to a widow in Zarephath in the region of Sidon. 27*And there were many in Israel with leprosy[g] in the time of Elisha the prophet, yet not one of them was cleansed—only Naaman the Syrian.”

28*All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this. 29*They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff. 30*But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.

This kind of teaching will always rile and make furious those subject to the teaching and doctrines of the hierarchy.

Did you know that God demonstrated His Love towards us while we were STILL sinners, according to your understanding we would have to repent first before God could ever do anything for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 02:04 PM

661 posts, read 621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not true. God hears faith.

24*“Truly I tell you,” he continued, “no prophet is accepted in his hometown. 25*I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land. 26*Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them, but to a widow in Zarephath in the region of Sidon. 27*And there were many in Israel with leprosy[g] in the time of Elisha the prophet, yet not one of them was cleansed—only Naaman the Syrian.”

28*All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this. 29*They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff. 30*But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.

This kind of teaching will always rile and make furious those subject to the teaching and doctrines of the hierarchy.

Did you know that God demonstrated His Love towards us while we were STILL sinners, according to your understanding we would have to repent first before God could ever do anything for us.
yep, I did know that. that doesn't really have bearing on this discussion.

are you saying that God hears and answers the prayers of impenitent people? Can you give me an example?

Old 06-22-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:

are you saying that God hears and answers the prayers of impenitent people? Can you give me an example?
Yes he does. Prayer is nothing more than desire. Naaman by faith got his desire met. Most Christian still beleve they are sinners, does God not answer their prayers.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

30The man answered, “Now that is remarkable! You don’t know where he comes from, yet he opened my eyes. 31We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will. 32Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind. 33If this man were not from God, he could do nothing.
34To this they replied, “You were steeped in sin at birth; how dare you lecture us!” And they threw him out.

Only the spirit of the Pharisee would say what I bolded.

God met the sinners greatest need before man knew he had a need. BEFORE you call I will answer.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:

It has no bearing on the discussion because your light is darkness. You really believe that God could love a man while he is still a sinner, but could not answer the prayer of a sinner ?, you obviously do not know the immeasurable extent of His love, for answering the prayer of a sinner is nothing in comparison to loving a man while still a sinner.

This way of thinking is why World remains in darkness because the God we give lip service to is exclusive to self righteous self

Old 06-22-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God only hears the prayers of sinners when seeking repentance; the prayers of unrepentant sinners and hypocrites go unheard.
Let's identify the hypocrit first............... No other than the bible quoting Pharisee, the bigger hypocrit's are usually the more eloquent ones. Most Christians testify of themselves as being a sinner saved by grace, a poor humble sinner, a sinner under construction, and no one is perfect but Jesus, so ya'll sinners in your own eyes right ?. And the reason 99% of what you all call prayer doesn't get answered is because you still beleve you are sinners, and God according to what you believe does not answer the prayer of sinners, so you just pass of all answered prayer as not being His will.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Yes he does. Prayer is nothing more than desire. Naaman by faith got his desire met. Most Christian still beleve they are sinners, does God not answer their prayers.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

30The man answered, “Now that is remarkable! You don’t know where he comes from, yet he opened my eyes. 31We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will. 32Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind. 33If this man were not from God, he could do nothing.
34To this they replied, “You were steeped in sin at birth; how dare you lecture us!” And they threw him out.

Only the spirit of the Pharisee would say what I bolded.

God met the sinners greatest need before man knew he had a need. BEFORE you call I will answer.
Prayer is not "nothing more than desire".

You're right most Christians still consider themselves sinners when the Scripture calls Christians saints.

You have, incredibly, missed the irony in the Pharisees statement. God doesn't listen to sinners - they were right! We do not know that the healed man was impenitent now do we? I think not!!

Of course, you think it is self righteous to tell people to repent and walk in obedience to God to enjoy fellowship with Him and all the spiritual blessings that are ours only when we abide in Christ.

Before they (the righteous) call, I will answer. Please check context before randomly quoting the Bible to support your erroneous point. Isaiah 65

Also please understand that Christians, like God, desire for all to repent.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
It has no bearing on the discussion because your light is darkness. You really believe that God could love a man while he is still a sinner, but could not answer the prayer of a sinner ?, you obviously do not know the immeasurable extent of His love, for answering the prayer of a sinner is nothing in comparison to loving a man while still a sinner.

This way of thinking is why World remains in darkness because the God we give lip service to is exclusive to self righteous self
No pcamps, the world remains in darkness because people love their sin. The God of the Bible is exclusive to those who REPENT.

God's great love is mocked daily by the wicked who refuse to repent. Wickedness angers God and breaks His heart. He is willing to pardon and will turn from His wrath when we repent! To think people can partake of His blessings while not forsaking wickedness is crazy.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
No pcamps, the world remains in darkness because people love their sin. The God of the Bible is exclusive to those who REPENT.

God's great love is mocked daily by the wicked who refuse to repent. Wickedness angers God and breaks His heart. He is willing to pardon and will turn from His wrath when we repent! To think people can partake of His blessings while not forsaking wickedness is crazy.
Unbelievable!!!!!!

How is it you can meet the need of a sinner but God cannot. Thank God that God is not like your god.

God's love is mocked daily by the teachings and doctrines of men not the world who knows no better, Father forgive them for they know not what they do.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-22-2012 at 03:45 PM..

Old 06-22-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Prayer is not "nothing more than desire".

You're right most Christians still consider themselves sinners when the Scripture calls Christians saints.

You have, incredibly, missed the irony in the Pharisees statement. God doesn't listen to sinners - they were right! We do not know that the healed man was impenitent now do we? I think not!!

Of course, you think it is self righteous to tell people to repent and walk in obedience to God to enjoy fellowship with Him and all the spiritual blessings that are ours only when we abide in Christ.

Before they (the righteous) call, I will answer. Please check context before randomly quoting the Bible to support your erroneous point. Isaiah 65

Also please understand that Christians, like God, desire for all to repent.
No the Pharisee was speaking from the eye that was full of darkness.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:

It's not crazy... it's Satan's timeless lie.
Sometimes it's refereed to as humanism, other times it's called universalism.

The question that those who listen to Satan has historically answered "yes".
The question that is recorded in Job is:
Job 34:33
Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent?
Yes.. because God's love
Yes... because God's desire
Yes..... because God's reconciliation
Yes....... because despite what God says to the contrary
Yes........ because I refuse to listen to other scriptures that specifically says the contrary to my pov.

Therefore to keep it "yes" ...

Yes.. because there is no hell
Yes... because I might concede a "hell" but it's not eternal... it's an "age"
Yes .... because otherwise God is some _____________ (unflattering adjective)
Yes ...... because the punishment doesn't fit the crime
Yes ........ because then God can be whomever \ whatever I want him to be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity