Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times

Advertisements

He loved us before He created us, He is not two faced, He will continue to love us throughout this life and the next..If we don't believe now we will....later.. and we will all abide in His love.

Love does not hate, hurt or harm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 08:38 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
A belief in God is not necessary in this material life. If all the above is true, you are far better than most people, even those who claim to be true christians who believe that Jesus has saved them from their sins. What men perceive to be sins aren't necessarily sins to God. If you love and are loved in return and you leave this world with others knowing of your goodness, you have done a great service to God and each other. All God has asked us to do is love one another. No belief is necessary to love.

I do believe that once a nonbeliever passes on and discovers the truth of the spirit world for themselves, they will progress as much as any other person who has believed in God their entire lives.

No worries. We were sent here to enjoy this world. There is no joy when we worry and fret over things. Just be Love to each other and you'll have conquered the whole world.

God believes in us even if we don't believe in Him. He adores and loves the nonbeliever as much as the believer.

If more religious people thought this way the human race would be a lot better off!

Old 10-19-2010, 08:44 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
The question is:

If I'm a good person my whole life, I love and care for my wife and family, I teach my children to respect others and to do the right thing and I help those less fortunate than myself. Why then does God need me to believe in him to be saved? It seems wrong that a loving God would send a good soul to hell just for their disbelief.

And please no quotes from the Bible as a way to answer my question.
That's just the easy way out.

The God that you question is not the God of Love nor does that God of Love have such poor character. You are merely wondering about the graven image that has been presented to you by others. The God of love has been revealed to you that is why you know to do the right thing and know what is right that is why you believe it is right.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:24 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
Quote:
The question is:

If I'm a good person my whole life, I love and care for my wife and family, I teach my children to respect others and to do the right thing and I help those less fortunate than myself. Why then does God need me to believe in him to be saved? .
The Lord God Created man in the image of God as a spirit being with a man of Flesh and ask man to give his life to him and marry him and be one in spirit with the living God, you just have to ask God through Lord Jesus into your life and he can come into your life and live with you day to day for all times... God sends his spirit and he will help you live the life through his ways and purpose. You must marry the Lord God believe it, like it will be you and your spouse and the Lord Jesus all married together..... It is the only way........

Old 10-19-2010, 03:29 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,588 times
you will have to watch thru the first part,but it's a short one anyway.(or watch from about time mark 4:37).this imo answers that question better than anyone else I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqptv...layer_embedded

Old 10-19-2010, 03:47 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
The question is:

If I'm a good person my whole life, I love and care for my wife and family, I teach my children to respect others and to do the right thing and I help those less fortunate than myself. Why then does God need me to believe in him to be saved? It seems wrong that a loving God would send a good soul to hell just for their disbelief.

I believe that we have an innate awareness of "LOVE" with or without knowing the source. I was a free-thinker for the longest time just trying to do what is good...with a niggling that a "Supreme Being" must be behind this wonderful, sustaining, emotion...now I know beyond the shadow of doubt...

Blessings...

Old 10-19-2010, 05:23 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,427 times
Quote:
The question is:

mikebnllnb,

You say you are a good person, however we can all be good people on the outside for the world to see, but what do your thoughts tell you at times....in lust, greed, anger, hate.....fear? Do you think those thoughts are excusable by any means, on your terms, for example.....does your conscience tell you that those are bad thoughts, and why would your conscience tell you that they are bad thoughts in the first place?

Or, why would your thoughts think like that to begin with?

Blessings....

Old 10-19-2010, 05:28 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is your choise, because God will not force anyone to heaven.
God sends no one to eternal hell, those who end up there, it will by their choice.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:35 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
God is the creator of the universe, and he will do as he pleases with his creation. He made it crystal clear that he will save those who belive in Him, and those who do not belive will perish. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune Keirebu View Post
Are you perfect in every way? (Even in your thought processes) If not, you cannot even enter into the presence of God. God made us perfect in the beginning, but we fell because we thought we knew better than Him. The only way we can be restored is if God makes us perfect again.

What about all the nice people from remote tribes who never heard of Christ? What happens to them?

Old 10-19-2010, 05:38 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
God sends no one to eternal hell, those who end up there, it will by their choice.

Everybody goes to hell (grave). The only thing eternal is God.

Job 21:13. They spend their days in wealth, and in a moment they go down to hell. (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Same verse:VVVVVVVV

Job 21:13. They spend their days in wealth, and in a moment go down to the grave. (King James Bible)

Why does Job want to go to hell? Job 14:13 If only you would hide me in the grave (Sheol,hell) and conceal me till your anger has passed! If only you would set me a time and then remember me!

All about Sheol and hell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity