Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:19 AM

159 posts, read 174,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Many of those who are foolish enough to not believe the truth will believe what you are sayng. How many people might never come to understand the issue in salvation because they read this lie from Satan which you have just posted? How many people will be deceived by your words and be eternally lost?

If things are the way you say, no one. You said that God will see that anyone who really wants truth (has 'positive volition' as you say) has someone to explain things to him or her. Therefore if they get someone who speaks falsehood instead, that means , by your logic, that they never really wanted the truth. Even if you completely stop posting here, God will simply find someone else to provide 'truth'.

Of course, back in real world, what you get doesn't have a lot to do with what you deserve. Not on this side of heaven, at least.

Last edited by python87; 10-25-2010 at 06:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 06:54 AM

122 posts, read 191,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Many of those who are foolish enough to not believe the truth will believe what you are sayng. How many people might never come to understand the issue in salvation because they read this lie from Satan which you have just posted? How many people will be deceived by your words and be eternally lost?

Those who die without having received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior will spend the eternal future separated from God in the lake of fire.

Those of you who have sense, heed the warnings of John 3:36; Revelation 20:11-15; Matthew 25:41,46: 2Thess 1:6-10 and other passages which plainly state that those who reject Christ as Savior will not be saved.

Universal salvation is a lie straight from the mouth of Satan who does everything he can to hide the truth of the Gospel of salvation from man. And he has plenty of gullible people to spread his deceptions to this lost and dying world.
Amen, Mike !!
This is what has always bothered me with reading this teaching in universalism.....

The inherent danger in universalism is complacency. You can see and read between the lines of the thoughts with those who post and believe in this teaching.... "Oh, well, it will all be ok in the end so why bother trying, God bless to all."
Universalism is the lobotomy so that they can be relieved from their mental stress, fear of the reality of Hell !!

All have testify at one time or another in this forum that they could and would not believe it........ Right there they've testify of denying God's truth and turned to the lie, suppressing the truth of God's word and exchanged it to worship the creature (flesh) rather then the Creator......

Satan is the master of deception and has done a treacherous job in creating a master plan with universalism knowing those who fear hell would fall for the lie of it !!
He (Satan) is very crafty and with supernatural powers. That is why Jesus said that even the elect could be deceived in the last days if they were not shorten. Which we are seeing coming to past very quickly, many hearts are growing cold and swaying away from the truth of Jesus Christ !!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:58 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
Amen, Mike !!
This is what has always bothered me with reading this teaching in universalism.....

The inherent danger in universalism is complacency. You can see and read between the lines of the thoughts with those who post and believe in this teaching.... "Oh, well, it will all be ok in the end so why bother trying, God bless to all."
Universalism is the lobotomy so that they can be relieved from their mental stress, fear of the reality of Hell !!

All have testify at one time or another in this forum that they could and would not believe it........ Right there they've testify of denying God's truth and turned to the lie, suppressing the truth of God's word and exchanged it to worship the creature (flesh) rather then the Creator......

Satan is the master of deception and has done a treacherous job in creating a master plan with universalism knowing those who fear hell would fall for the lie of it !!
He (Satan) is very crafty and with supernatural powers. That is why Jesus said that even the elect could be deceived in the last days if they were not shorten. Which we are seeing coming to past very quickly, many hearts are growing cold and swaying away from the truth of Jesus Christ !!
Amen

Old 10-25-2010, 07:17 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,506 times
Where is hell?

Arizona, according to wikipedia.

The U.S. state of Arizona has more places with the word "Hell" in their names than any other state of the United States.[1] In 1994, the U.S. Geological Survey listed 60 such place names.[2] These include:
In comparison, Utah has only 46 such places, and California only 45.[1]

Hell, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Amen, Mike !!

The part of your post i bolded is ungrounded and i challenge you to bring up any post that comes anywhere near it .Speaking for myself as one who believes in UR , Jesus is my Savior , i believe He went to Calvary for me , I believe is precious blood was shed for me , i believe by His stripes we are healed , yet i believe He is willing and able to accomplish that which He desires and that is the salvation of all men.

There are many who have fallen for the fear of hell (and the lie of ET) and most of them are mainstream christians , who actually believe that is what savation is, even your post borders on saying this ,it lacks no good news , just a post about satan and hell .

Last edited by pcamps; 10-25-2010 at 07:58 AM..

Old 10-25-2010, 07:37 AM

159 posts, read 174,894 times
Quote:
Why is that dangerous? If the things are the way Mike claims they are, God will provide accurate truth in this lifetime to everyone with 'positive volition'. So if universalists fail to do provide accurate information, someone else will. If no one else manages, that simply means those people didn't have true desire anyway.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:43 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
We went to HELL
It was in Grand Caymen Island. Nice enough, but expensive as hell and hot too.
I heard that there is one in Michigan.
I have not been there. Death Valley has been the joke of "Hell" for a long time becaus of the heat.

Interesting myth, hell, it derived from a mingling of Greek and Egyptian mythology, then reinvented and packaged by early century Romans who had converted to Christianity and were trying to rewrite Christian mythology to be more inclusive and competative.

Symbolically, hell could represent a state of seperation from God, which would not involve this live or any other, but could easlily happen in the hear and now. Just visit parts of Texas if you want an example. Hell could relate to a state of disharmony or imbalance with the Ultimate Reality.

Hell is not a literal place, it is not a lake of fire that someone goes to when they die. It is a concept, like all, that has personal mythological symbolism.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Why is that dangerous? If the things are the way Mike claims they are, God will provide accurate truth in this lifetime to everyone with 'positive volition'. So if universalists fail to do provide accurate information, someone else will. If no one else manages, that simply means those people didn't have true desire anyway.
Well, I have to say..... you got a good point there !!!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:04 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
You are exactly right . The scriptures tell us the gates of hades shall not prevail , and Mike and those who believe alike , believe UR is from hell , and yet the scripture tells us it will not prevail if it is. Mainstream orthodox christianity with its message of fear has seemingly prevailed for far to long and God is bringing it down , the axe is at the tree.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The part of your post i bolded is ungrounded and i challenge you to bring up any post that comes anywhere near it .Speaking for myself as one who believes in UR , Jesus is my Savior , i believe He went to Calvary for me , I believe is precious blood was shed for me , i believe by His stripes we are healed , yet i believe He is willing and able to accomplish that which He desires and that is the salvation of all men.

There are many who have fallen for the fear of hell (and the lie of ET) and most of them are mainstream christians , who actually believe that is what savation is, even your post borders on saying this ,it lacks no good news , just a post about satan and hell .
Careful..... you border blasphemy against the Holy Spirit by testifying against what God has done in the Christian heart and calling it a lie which is crediting the Holy Spirits work to satan !!

I didn't have to go far for the challenge...... your post is a perfect example !!

No christian has ever denied in this forum that Christ desires that all people would come and receive salvation through Him.....

....... yet there is a big "BUT", not all want His precious gift and the scripture teach this truth..... and universalism denies this truth, end of story !!!

I won't argue with you, pcamps, that is all you want to do.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity