Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:42 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Absolutely, and you keep proving my point. Maybe you don't even realize you are doing it. I guess it becomes a second nature after a while.

I don't care what word you, or anyone else, choose to describe the place of eternal punishment. The name makes no difference to me whatsoever. The place of eternal punishment is the lake of fire, and you and I both know most people refer to is as 'hell'. They are not talking about Sheol, and you know it. Yet, you keep going back to calling Sheol hell, because the KJV says so. And then you continue to insist that hell means "covering", which is one of many descriptions for the word Sheol, not lake of fire (aka hell). LOL. You are playing word games whether you realize it or not.

Call it what you wish. No more word games for me.

"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
The Bible never says the lake of fire is eternal. It always says it is for the ages of the ages. That, friend, is not eternal but it is the last two ages in relation to the ages that went before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 04:58 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Psalms 139:8.....Sure if King David made a bed in Hell then God may be there as he is everywhere but he would not give him any help to get out of hell as he would be under as curse and the devil would rule over his existence..... In Revelations 21: 4.... ``And God Shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death neither sorrow not crying neither shall there be any more pain for the former things are passed away``...... See here is God who will cry with his children at the Great Judgement when he rejects the Creation that ignored him and his purpose ..... Don`t be part of that creation that is rejected at this time, turn from sin love the Lord Jesus and be His Child

Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Psalms 139:8.....Sure if King David made a bed in Hell then God may be there as he is everywhere but he would not give him any help to get out of hell as he would be under as curse and the devil would rule over his existence..... In Revelations 21: 4.... ``And God Shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death neither sorrow not crying neither shall there be any more pain for the former things are passed away``...... See here is God who will cry with his children at the Great Judgement when he rejects the Creation that ignored him and his purpose ..... Don`t be part of that creation that is rejected at this time, turn from sin love the Lord Jesus and be His Child
Romans 8:38-39:
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You quote Revelation 21:4 "And God Shall wipe away all tears from their eyes....." Yet in the sentence below that you say "See here is God who will cry with his children at the Great Judgement..."

Which is it? Is God and His children going to cry or will He wipe away all tears?

Old 10-27-2010, 06:22 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
According to some Bibles Jesus went to hell. Hmmm, I wonder why God let him out? I thought hell was supposed to be eternal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity