Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2010, 07:57 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
Mike555 posted,

>>Jesus refrained from the independent use of His omniscience. Therefore, He didn't know the time of His return.<<

RESPONSE:

Oh come now! Why would he do that? The only effect would be to show that he lacked divine knowledge. And if that is true, what else did he say that lacked divine knowledge?
That's been explained already. But you close your eyes to it. Dig through my past posts for the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 08:05 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
RESPONSE:

So the second century story goes. It split the Church during first few centuries. Arian's teaching that Jesus was a man and not divine became the dominant Church teaching for awhile.

Origen, 250 C.E., “the Father and Son are two substances…two things as to their essence,” and that “compared with the Father, [the Son] is a very small light.”

But after an extended period, the Trinity version prevailed by Roman Emperor influenced popular vote at the Council of Nicaea.

The doctrines of Arius, denying that Jesus was of the same substance as God and holding instead that he was only the highest of created beings, viewed as heretical by most Christian churches. (Answers.com)

>>I think, as I said yesterday, that this has gone on long enough.<<

Yes. If you have no real evidence, it is wise to withdraw from the field.

The evidence is in the Scriptures. The Old Testament itself shows that God is a triune Being. I only hope that people on this forum don't take anything you say seriously.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:05 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:
RESPONSE:

Do you see why the Trinity argument fails so obviously?

"Subservient to" in any aspect makes an claim of "equal to" logically untenable.
yeah ive had this debate a few times,also i dont think that God would be subjected to material or any type of pain,He is above and beyond material nature,He may be able to appear on the material platform but His body would always remain spiritual,the material and spiritual are two seperate(although integrated)energys!!!,but in the spiritual realm it is only spirit that exists!,everything there is made of spiritual energy.

Jesus and the father are two unique individuals,in spirit they are the same like all of life,but two different charachters IMO,and yes there is a distinction between master and servant!!!

Old 10-29-2010, 08:37 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,723,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No fella. You are separating yourself from reality. That God is triune can be seen in the Old Testament, as I've shown in the past. But like many, you have no interest in the truth, and are only interested in attacking it.
RESPONSE:

No you haven't.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Sh'ma Yis'ra'eil Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad

"Hear, Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One."

How many Jews believe in the Trinity? Why not?

Last edited by ancient warrior; 10-29-2010 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: Removing extraneous sizing material

Old 10-29-2010, 08:52 AM

John 5:30 "I can do nothing on my own."

Even the Gospel of John is ambigous on the divinity of Jesus. And Acts states that God acted through Jesus and raised him from the dead (like Lazarus). None of this was by Jesus' personal power.

Acts 2:22-24 ‘You that are Israelites, listen to what I have to say: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with deeds of power, wonders, and signs that God did through him among you, as you yourselves know this man, handed over to you according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of those outside the law. But God raised him up, having freed him from death, because it was impossible for him to be held in its power."

Last edited by ancient warrior; 10-29-2010 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Removed sizing information

Old 10-29-2010, 09:04 AM

Default "Divine" by popular vote!

http://www.gotquestions.org/council-of-Nicea.html

"Once the Nicea Council meeting was underway Constantine demanded that the 300 bishops make a decision by majority vote defining who Jesus Christ is. Constantine commanded them to create a “creed” doctrine that all of Christianity would follow and obey, a doctrine that would be called the “Nicene Creed,” upheld by the Church and enforced by the Emperor"

Old 10-29-2010, 09:09 AM

Perhaps it is time to add a fourth person to the Trinity. Maybe the UN can do that. How about a "God the Daughter"?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:49 AM

37,467 posts, read 61,396,384 times
When I lived in Italy, it was explained to me by devout catholic Italians that un-officially Mary is already the fourth part of the deity-ship.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That's been explained already. But you close your eyes to it. Dig through my past posts for the answer.
RESPONSE:

On the contrary, you have only attempted to explain why Jesus, if a divine being, was lacking in divine knowledge. Few would consider your attempts credible.

From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

For the soul of Christ enjoyed from the very beginning the beatific vision; it was endowed with infused knowledge; and it acquired in the course of time experimental knowledge…. Again, by virtue of the Hypostatic Union the human nature of Christ is assumed into a unity of Divine person; it does not appear how such a soul could at the same time remain, like ordinary human beings, destitute of the vision of God to which they hope to attain only after their stay on earth is over….Jesus repeatedly asserts that He knows the Father and is known by Him, that He knows what the Father knows.

If divine, Jesus couldn't switch his divinity on or off. That's absurd.

Last edited by ancient warrior; 10-29-2010 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: removal of sizing information

Old 10-29-2010, 06:35 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
ancient warrior,

What is truth to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity