Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 12:05 PM

595 posts, read 761,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
I was just wondering how unified you feel with all Christians? There are so many different denominations in Christianity it's hard sometimes to think of all of us as a family. I think a lot of times a big divider is Catholic and Protestant (I'm kind of both being an Episcopalian). So, what do you think we can do as Christians to strengthen the bond between us all? I think maybe organizing a monthly meeting of just all Christians together for praise would be nice, or inviting someone from a different denomination to visit your church, or even a yearly meeting (Roman Catholics are good at this but I don't think they work enough with smaller churches) of leaders would be nice. What do you think?
Why, just Christians?? Why single out?? Didn't God make us all?? Are we all perfect?? What did each of us do today to say we are good? I wouldn't feel comfortable to be around anyone that singles out anyone to get a negative response about anyone of my neighbors, whether christian or what. This can be considered as baiting to do evil. To talk bad about your fellowman. It does not matter how anyone feels, Christ is about loving all our neighbors.

God Bless,
Mercy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 12:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Why, just Christians?? Why single out?? Didn't God make us all?? Are we all perfect?? What did each of us do today to say we are good? I wouldn't feel comfortable to be around anyone that singles out anyone to get a negative response about anyone of my neighbors, whether christian or what. This can be considered as baiting to do evil. To talk bad about your fellowman. It does not matter how anyone feels, Christ is about loving all our neighbors.

God Bless,
Mercy
You need to consider why people worship God in the first place. And consider who they worship, and what is acceptable for God.

1 Commandment: You shall have no other gods before me

So, would it make sense for you to worship your God together with people who worship Satan, or other Gods? Would that be acceptable for God? I do not think so. Worship is praise and prayer to glorify for God, and there is no room for Satan or other Gods during worship. Can you imagine you worshipping God while the person next to you curses him? Why would you put yourself in a situation like that? Worship time is God time 100%.

There is time to worship, and there is time to teach, and spread the message of God. You can teach the Satanists about God, but don't worship with them, because that will not please God.

There is time for everything, and when you worship, you worship, and when you teach, you teach, not both at the same time.

Romans 12:1 “I urge you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable, or well pleasing and perfect.”

Old 10-30-2010, 03:46 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then don't tell them, but why would you join them in a session of satan worship?

Yes, and like I said I would do teach them, pray for them, and love them, but I would not join them in satanic worship. That is what we are talking about, isn't it? We are talking about worshipping with people who worship satan.

Yes, he got very angy and flipped the tables and even made a whip and used it to drive out the people. And all that because they were trading and changing money. How do you think he would have reacted if they had been worshipping satan in the house of prayer?

John 2;15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.
"Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"
First of all, I don't know anyone who worships satan and have never heard of anyone worshipping satan. I believe satan no longer exists, the same with lucifer. I would not worship the same as they do but I would be willing to worship with them. I beleve that was the original idea.

Second, true worship is to be done in a quiet place and by yourself. True worship is between you and God alone. True worshp comes from the soul and not the mind or the repitious prayers so many do in church. God listens to the longing of the soul. That is true worship so, anyone can worship in the presence of others if one was to do it in a public place. God doesn't hear the words we speak, He hears the soul longings.

Third, if Jesus showed anger in any form, He would not have died sinless. Anger is an attribute that is not of God no matter how you may sugarcoat it. Jesus raised His voice so that He could be heard over the other noise. Just because something is written in a book, does not make it true. Jesus was a Divine being when He left this world. Showing any negative attribute would have made Him a sinner. That quote that you quoted was mans ideas of what Jesus said and not what He actually said.

For clarification purposes, lets review what I Corinthians says about love:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered and it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love bears all things, Believes all things, Hopes all things, and Endures all things. Love never fails.

So, if Jesus was Love and had the attributes of God, in no way could He have done what your bible proclaims.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:20 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
I was just wondering how unified you feel with all Christians?
I do not feel the slightest bit unified with most Christians. It's not because of how I view them but because of how they view me.

Quote:
There are so many different denominations in Christianity it's hard sometimes to think of all of us as a family. I think a lot of times a big divider is Catholic and Protestant (I'm kind of both being an Episcopalian). So, what do you think we can do as Christians to strengthen the bond between us all?
I think the most significant thing we can do is to sincerely try to understand one another, to try to relate to docrinal positions that are different from our own. I'm not saying that we should be willing to compromise on what we personally believe, but that we should recognize that most Christians are pretty sincere in thinking their understanding of Jesus Christ's gospel is the right one. As anyone who has spent much time debating points of doctrine should be able to see, it's possible to prove almost any position a person wants to take on any doctrine by quoting certain verses of scripture and ignoring others. A lot of Christians seem completely unwilling to admit this, though. All they can do is say, "You're wrong and I'm right." This assertion is often accompanied by another statement on the order of, "So I'm saved and you're going to spend eternity burning in hell." Honestly, is this really what people think the One who died for them wants!!!!

Quote:
I think maybe organizing a monthly meeting of just all Christians together for praise would be nice, or inviting someone from a different denomination to visit your church, or even a yearly meeting (Roman Catholics are good at this but I don't think they work enough with smaller churches) of leaders would be nice. What do you think?
Sounds nice. Too bad members of my church would probably not be invited.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:31 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
I don't feel connected to other people. At all. Ever.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:41 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Please re-read the OP if need be, as this thread needs to remain on topic. The OP pertains to how unified one feels with all Christians; it is not pertaining to any one particular denomination.

Thanks.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:06 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't feel connected to other people. At all. Ever.
Sorry about that TKramer, but I know whereof you speak. Christian or not it's really hard to connect to people these days, they're so full of themselves.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:28 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
If this stat is true; "the Jesus is the only way" type Christians only make up 5% of the World's population.."

then only 5% of the time.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:23 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You forget that Jesus invited everyone to worship with Him. Those that did not like His ideas of God were left to their own accord. Jesus not once denied anyone from joining His followers even if they believed differently.

Yes, I would worship with anyone who so desired to worship the God of their choosing. It's called "Loving my neighbor" without boundaries. Jesus didn't put boundaries on who He worshipped with, others put those boundaries on. And if all can just love for that moment, true worship between religions and beliefs can happen. That's how we start to overcome all the negatives in the world.

No man is to be left out and that includes people who do not agree with you. Worship isn't about who gets together with who. Worship is when all can get together and worship God no matter what He is called and it's done with Love. When we put away, even for one moment in time, all hatred, anger, condemnation, prejudice and malice, we can all worship in the same place to the God who we are most comfortable with. You are not in charge of anyone's soul. We are each in charge of our own.

When you love all, no matter what, you walk in the light of God. Even if there is one iota of hatred or anger or any negative, you cannot possibly be doing all that Jesus asked of us.
How excellently expressed. I just wanted to say so and thought it worth repeating.

God IS. God Is Love. That truth needs no man to defend or fight over it. Truth stands by it's virtue.

Peace -
Heartsong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity