Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 05:50 AM

271 posts, read 355,595 times

Advertisements

Actully I found this good, yet christians i know don't do this
Quote:

Essentially do unto others as you want done unto you (always), even to those that despise you and persecute you. That is what an actual Follower of Christ does

But how to know the time

Quote:
When your no longer willfully and knowingly are practicing sin.
every one sins, some repent and some don't.

God want us to repent
As the verse said who say he is sinless is liar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 07:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Yet if we say we never sin, John calls us what? Liars!

1Jn 1:8: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10: If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.
You should argue that one with Verna...

Old 10-31-2010, 07:59 AM

How about this: Since Christ had to come down here and live a righteous life being unblemished therefore being the perfect sacrificial Lamb of God and the fact that from the beginning to the end is, from God's perspective, is His now (present)...when Christ paid for your sins, He paid for all of them from your birth to your death...For why would Christ had to have paid for them if in fact strict observance of the Law was required for Salvation, which the Jews were already knowledgeable on and practicing with sin offering and such, in order to make you righteous?...It is obvious that we are positionally righteous in God's eyes for God's has received the payment for sin through Christ and will not exact a second payment for the same sin which Christ already paid for...If we are not positionally righteous through the Blood of Christ then why does Paul say things such as 'If it were possible, i would wish my self accursed from Christ so that my people (Jews) might be saved...He obviously put it this way because he knew it was impossible to do so because he was part of the Elect in God, a Chosen one...And why would he say that in the inward man he delights in God's Law but in the flesh he sins (this is paraphrasing, before someone calls me on it)...And before someone attempt to say that Paul was talking about his old man, it is also stated that God says that all are dead in sin and that no one seeks Him or seeks to do righteousness, they do not know God nor are able to, they desire is not within them...no one...So, how could Paul have been talking about his old nature, when it is clearly refuted in others parts of scripture that it is impossible for a unregenerate person to delight in God's Law, but yet Paul states that what he wants to do he does not, and what he does not want to do, he does...He says that there is no good thing in him, the flesh that is [but Christ who is in him is good]...He also calls himself a wretched man and wonders who will save him from a body that is death to him [for it is constantly warring against his true man inside (the regenerated man) that delights in the Law of God]...And he finally says 'thank God for Jesus Christ, so it is not longer i who sin, but sin living in me...Hence, i believe, his wording of 'we have liberty in Christ to do all things, but not all things are beneficial, we have liberty in Christ to all things but not all things are expedient'...

Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Actully I found this good, yet christians i know don't do this

But how to know the time

every one sins, some repent and some don't.

God want us to repent
As the verse said who say he is sinless is liar
Let me help you understand. The biggest confusion here is that many don't understand that we OWN or INHERITED sin as a result of Adam's and Eve's transgression. So every baby born is a sinner. This doesn't mean that they practiced sin but they are sinners.

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Now all have sinned because we own sin as a result of the being born unto Adam. His sin is also ours as being members of his body.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Now if there is no law there is no sin. But Adam did receive a commandment which was to him and not to us which was to not eat of the forbidden fruit. Yet as we can see if sin is not imputed where there is no law then the only way in which those others could have had sin was by Adam's transgression.

Just as it shows in the next verse:

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

So those that came after Adam hadn't sinned by the same transgression (they didn't eat of the forbidden fruit) but yet they carried the same transgression from Adam.

So we read:

Rom 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

So all those after Adam and even before Moses (before the law had been brought) had sin as a result of Adam's transgression, for by Adam was their own condenmnation even though they didn't commit the same sin themselves.

So we read:

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

And the wages of sin is death. So the consequences of sin have been laid upon ALL of us that are born unto Adam. (This is the reason for a virgin birth of Jesus Christ - for that which can redeem us cannot also be under the same curse).

So as you can see we have sin even if we haven't practiced sin because we carry the condemnation that has already been sentenced unto those in Adam.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:29 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
What does the Word say? We are to follow in Jesus' steps.

1 Peter 2
[21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
[22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
[23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
[24] Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
[25] For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
What does the Word say? We are to follow in Jesus' steps.

1 Peter 2
[21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
[22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
[23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
[24] Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
[25] For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
So...When would you like someone to come over and nail you to a cross?...

Old 10-31-2010, 09:56 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So...When would you like someone to come over and nail you to a cross?...
This statement is either in extremely poor taste, or it demonstrates a lack of understanding of the Word.

Matthew 16
[24] Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
[25] For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
[26] For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
[27] For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This statement is either in extremely poor taste, or it demonstrates a lack of understanding of the Word.

Matthew 16
[24] Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
[25] For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
[26] For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
[27] For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Well, if we are supposed to walk in His footsteps...Where did His footsteps lead?...

Old 10-31-2010, 12:04 PM

271 posts, read 355,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Let me help you understand. The biggest confusion here is that many don't understand that we OWN or INHERITED sin as a result of Adam's and Eve's transgression. So every baby born is a sinner. This doesn't mean that they practiced sin but they are sinners.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Now all have sinned because we own sin as a result of the being born unto Adam. His sin is also ours as being members of his body.
Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Now if there is no law there is no sin. But Adam did receive a commandment which was to him and not to us which was to not eat of the forbidden fruit. Yet as we can see if sin is not imputed where there is no law then the only way in which those others could have had sin was by Adam's transgression.
Just as it shows in the next verse:
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
So those that came after Adam hadn't sinned by the same transgression (they didn't eat of the forbidden fruit) but yet they carried the same transgression from Adam.
So we read:
Rom 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
So all those after Adam and even before Moses (before the law had been brought) had sin as a result of Adam's transgression, for by Adam was their own condenmnation even though they didn't commit the same sin themselves.
So we read:
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
And the wages of sin is death. So the consequences of sin have been laid upon ALL of us that are born unto Adam. (This is the reason for a virgin birth of Jesus Christ - for that which can redeem us cannot also be under the same curse).
So as you can see we have sin even if we haven't practiced sin because we carry the condemnation that has already been sentenced unto those in Adam.
Thanks for your help
why do you think that God is unjust ?
Of course, God invite people to repent and do right things to love them.
If anyone made any sin, God may repent it , if he wants.
I love Jesus, I don't want him to be cursed.
Do you think that insisting Jesus is cursed is a sign of love,i don't think so

Old 10-31-2010, 06:24 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Thanks for your help
why do you think that God is unjust ?
Of course, God invite people to repent and do right things to love them.
If anyone made any sin, God may repent it , if he wants.
I love Jesus, I don't want him to be cursed.
Do you think that insisting Jesus is cursed is a sign of love,i don't think so
I don't think that God is unjust. I think He is completely just.

What would be unjust is to let sin abound in a place misunderstood as "hell" for the rest of eternity.

Let's Thank God that He is more powerful than that and will rid all of mankind of their evil ways. After all if God can rid man of evil then why would He neglect to do so for ALL? It was He, after all, that brought all of us into existence by giving us life in the first place.

What I'm trying to teach you Truth Light is that God will save EVERYONE eventually (in due time). There is a lot you might not understand about this message and there are MANY that HATE it (after all they are men). But use rationality and logic (that God gave you that you use everyday) and you will not be able to refute it. I say this to hope that God will open your mind to understanding. Let me know if you have further questions. I want to help where able.

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity