U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2017, 02:43 PM
 
2,723 posts, read 993,524 times
Reputation: 177

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Just follow along with the thread, you might learn something!



I have learned for over 50 years--2 billion are being mislead to the lake of fire by serving a non existent trinity god. Mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment on a daily basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2017, 02:49 PM
 
2,723 posts, read 993,524 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
So far you have proved inept in several areas and you passed the buck. Just follow along maybe...where's your friend btw? I am eager to get into the Hebrew, yes Hebrew, not English, or Greek, but Hebrew, and discuss the various passages in the Tanakh and the co-regency of God, the divine council of bene-elohim, and His Name.

Bible college is almost over. Seminary next, that's a couple of months away.
We have Hebrew experts, and you are...? Not a Hebrew expert it appears. I speak multiple languages, Hebrew is coming along rather smoothly, as is Classical Greek and Koine.

Mike is right, when we discovered the Dead Sea Scrolls, we have found it to be literally identical to what we have today. You need to also be reminded that the LXX was widely circulated ever since it was transcribed and finished in 132 B.C., and used throughout all of Judea in the 1st century. Likewise, the LXX contains several verses which were omitted/changed after 70 A.D., because the NT writers referred to the LXX solely. Hebrew texts were audited why? Because they referred to Christ and the NT writers theologically did such, drawing from the LXX. Seems like your brethren were a little upset Jesus calling out their theocratic hypocrisy and the demise of the temple-centric society. If you do a comparison between the Masoretic and LXX (Qumran texts confirm the LXX in this regard), you will find the omission of Deuteronomy 32:43, differences between the genealogies of Genesis 5 and 11, textual changes in Isaiah 7:14; Amos 9:11,12, and many more. You have to come to grip with the fact that your messiah already came and your people pierced him unto death with the help of the Romans.

But the question that has been nagging me for a couple days now is, why are you here, on a Christian forum, debating Christians about something you don't really care to discuss honestly and academically?

God must be tugging at you Richard. As people say in AA, time to be quiet and "listen."



Did you miss these fact' of reality--- In Hebrew language--Elohim is never plural for the true God as gods. Elohinm is NOTa name--its a Hebrew word that carries various meanings.
Let us( YHVH(Jehovah) and his master worker( Jesus)Prov 8-1Cor 1:30) make man in our image( the ability to love and reason.
As well I am that I am is mistranslated Hebrew--I will be what I will be is correct.
Every,Trinity translation' are filled with Catholicism translating errors. The protestants did not fix them.
The New world translation fixed the errors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 01:11 PM
 
Location: US
23,061 posts, read 11,770,285 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Or could another possibility be is because by default this forum is "about Christianity" so you can, while by default the Judaism forum is not "about Judaism" ?
You claim that your messiah was Jewish and that he was our messiah and when asked where does Christianity get this idea, the response is "He's all over the OT"...Asked what is the OT, response: "Oh, it's the Jewish bible."...But when any of us attempt to correct your understanding of the Hebrew Torah, you tell us that we don't understand our own religion or OUR own bible Or our own Hebrew language...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 04:04 PM
 
34,687 posts, read 22,495,609 times
Reputation: 5594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You claim that your messiah was Jewish and that he was our messiah and when asked where does Christianity get this idea, the response is "He's all over the OT"...Asked what is the OT, response: "Oh, it's the Jewish bible."...But when any of us attempt to correct your understanding of the Hebrew Torah, you tell us that we don't understand our own religion or OUR own bible Or our own Hebrew language...
No, Richard. We do NOT claim that our Messiah was your Messiah. We claim that He is God's Messiah and you missed Him while looking for a carnal, worldly King. Your expectations misled you and the entire history since then shows that the true spiritual Messiah from God is Jesus. The prophecies in your OT Isaiah validate Him by descriptions of events and circumstances that occurred centuries after His death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 04:24 PM
 
10,535 posts, read 11,790,682 times
Reputation: 7676
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, Richard. We do NOT claim that our Messiah was your Messiah. We claim that He is God's Messiah and you missed Him while looking for a carnal, worldly King. Your expectations misled you and the entire history since then shows that the true spiritual Messiah from God is Jesus. The prophecies in your OT Isaiah validate Him by descriptions of events and circumstances that occurred centuries after His death.
And Islam claims that Christianity corrupted the scripture, and that Issa (Jesus) is a Muslim.
So Islam must be right about that. Islam came after Christianity and thus is in a position to correct the errors and corruptions in both Christian scripture and Jewish scripture.

You have that in common with Islam Mystic, you are doing the exact same thing. For the exact same reasons. Therefore Islam is the source to go to for correcting the corrupted errors in Christianity.

got it. from now on people need to go to those who practice Islam to be educated on what the errors and corruptions in Christianity are.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-13-2017 at 04:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 04:59 PM
 
34,687 posts, read 22,495,609 times
Reputation: 5594
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, Richard. We do NOT claim that our Messiah was your Messiah. We claim that He is God's Messiah and you missed Him while looking for a carnal, worldly King. Your expectations misled you and the entire history since then shows that the true spiritual Messiah from God is Jesus. The prophecies in your OT Isaiah validate Him by descriptions of events and circumstances that occurred centuries after His death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
And Islam claims that Christianity corrupted the scripture, and that Issa (Jesus) is a Muslim.
So Islam must be right about that. Islam came after Christianity and thus is in a position to correct the errors and corruptions in both Christian scripture and Jewish scripture.
You have that in common with Islam Mystic, you are doing the exact same thing. For the exact same reasons. Therefore Islam is the source to go to for correcting the corrupted errors in Christianity.
got it. from now on people need to go to those who practice Islam to be educated on what the errors and corruptions in Christianity are.
I am sorry, Tzaph. I have trouble following your reasoning and non-sequiturs. How you can associate my views with Islam is a complete mystery. Isaiah wrote his prophecies 800 years BEFORE Christ's birth and the spiritual impact of Jesus was validated by them centuries AFTER Christ's death. That is very powerful prophetic validation, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2017, 03:53 AM
 
Location: US
23,061 posts, read 11,770,285 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, Richard. We do NOT claim that our Messiah was your Messiah. We claim that He is God's Messiah and you missed Him while looking for a carnal, worldly King. Your expectations misled you and the entire history since then shows that the true spiritual Messiah from God is Jesus. The prophecies in your OT Isaiah validate Him by descriptions of events and circumstances that occurred centuries after His death.
We don't have an OT...And Isaiah does not validate him at all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2017, 02:01 PM
 
34,687 posts, read 22,495,609 times
Reputation: 5594
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am sorry, Tzaph. I have trouble following your reasoning and non-sequiturs. How you can associate my views with Islam is a complete mystery. Isaiah wrote his prophecies 800 years BEFORE Christ's birth and the spiritual impact of Jesus was validated by them centuries AFTER Christ's death. That is very powerful prophetic validation, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
We don't have an OT...And Isaiah does not validate him at all...
That is because you are reading and using the wrong prophecies in Isaiah. If the Israelites knew which prophecies were coming true they would not have missed Jesus. They tried to use them as divination and failed. Prophecy is validated by events NOT by expectations.

From Isaiah 52:15

. . . He shall sprinkle many nations, kings shall shut their mouth at him: For they to whom it was not told of him, have seen; and they that heard not, have beheld. [The entire European continent of nations (and their kings) would seem to validate this prophesy about Christ.]

From Isaiah 55:4

. . . Behold I have given him for a witness to the people, for a leader and master of the gentiles. [The numerous "Gentile" religions based on Christ certainly validates this prophesy.]

From Isaiah 55:5

. . . Behold thou shalt call a nation which thou knewest not; and the nations that knew not thee shall run to thee, because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel, for he hath glorified thee. [The creation of the nation of Israel out of Palestine in 1948 by the "Gentiles" certainly validates this prophesy.]

From Isaiah 60:1

. . . Arise, be enlightened, O Jerusalem: For thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee . . . And the Gentiles shall walk in thy light . . . Then shalt thou see and abound, and thy heart shall wonder and be enlarged, when the multitude of the sea shall be converted to thee, the strength of the Gentiles shall come to thee.[The continued and significant support of the nation of Israel by the "strength" of the United States and other "Gentile" nations seems to cover this one.]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2017, 06:15 AM
 
Location: US
23,061 posts, read 11,770,285 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is because you are reading and using the wrong prophecies in Isaiah. If the Israelites knew which prophecies were coming true they would not have missed Jesus. They tried to use them as divination and failed. Prophecy is validated by events NOT by expectations.

From Isaiah 52:15

. . . He shall sprinkle many nations, kings shall shut their mouth at him: For they to whom it was not told of him, have seen; and they that heard not, have beheld. [The entire European continent of nations (and their kings) would seem to validate this prophesy about Christ.]

From Isaiah 55:4

. . . Behold I have given him for a witness to the people, for a leader and master of the gentiles. [The numerous "Gentile" religions based on Christ certainly validates this prophesy.]

From Isaiah 55:5

. . . Behold thou shalt call a nation which thou knewest not; and the nations that knew not thee shall run to thee, because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel, for he hath glorified thee. [The creation of the nation of Israel out of Palestine in 1948 by the "Gentiles" certainly validates this prophesy.]

From Isaiah 60:1

. . . Arise, be enlightened, O Jerusalem: For thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee . . . And the Gentiles shall walk in thy light . . . Then shalt thou see and abound, and thy heart shall wonder and be enlarged, when the multitude of the sea shall be converted to thee, the strength of the Gentiles shall come to thee.[The continued and significant support of the nation of Israel by the "strength" of the United States and other "Gentile" nations seems to cover this one.]

Don't agree...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 03:02 PM
 
Location: US
23,061 posts, read 11,770,285 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConservativeFinns View Post
Jewish bible are sadly.
Do what?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top