Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:19 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Everything you wrote above is a testament to why i disagree with you ...
It's ok. Mutual feelings.

Quote:
You have provided no evidence of your claim as to the meaning of the word KOSMOS and how you interpret it, but you simply are using traditional systematic covenant theology as the source of your claims.
So? Take a look at it, and see what you come up with. Or are you that close minded. Shoot, I took a look at UR years back,,,and came to realize it is people who preach falsely that will be tortured and then wiped out. Many stripes,,,,ouch. It is why I came out of it. Too many contradictions according to the FULL counsel of the Word.

Quote:
If you want, you could write a new version of the bible and translate the word KOSMOS however you believe it should be translated.
Naa, it is funner trying to decipher the bullcrap inserted by people who desired power over the KOSMOS at the time. And then listening to the blind sheep defend the same.

Quote:
And you can write your own lexicon and remove "the universe and everything in it" from the definition of KOSMOS.
Only where it needs to be removed. Did Jesus now come to save the WHOLE UNIVERSE, and perhaps ALL the STARS??

Quote:
What traditional fundamentalist Christians often seem to fail to recognize is that the new Covenant is not only for Israel, or the church, but it is for all people in every nation.
Naa, we will definately disagree here. You must become part of the Church which is IN the NC. And the Church is grafted INTO Israel.

Quote:
God is the savior of all people, especially those that believe. And God will have all people to be saved. And Christ died for our sins, and not our sins only, but for the sins the whole world and everyone in it. Fo all who were made sinners by the disobedience of Adam, will be made righteous by the obedience of Christ. And all who die because of the sin of Adam, will be made alive in the life of Christ.

Yep, there it is,,,your little out of context verses. I knew it would come up, like Mormons who say Joseph Smith was TRULY a prophet when debating them and they have nothing new to say.

Quote:
That is the real Good news ...
No, Jesus Christ is the good news. Period! Reconciled at last, BECAUSE I believe and submit and repent, and sought forgiveness for my transgressions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 11:48 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
It's ok. Mutual feelings.

So? Take a look at it, and see what you come up with. Or are you that close minded. Shoot, I took a look at UR years back,,,and came to realize it is people who preach falsely that will be tortured and then wiped out. Many stripes,,,,ouch. It is why I came out of it. Too many contradictions according to the FULL counsel of the Word.

Naa, it is funner trying to decipher the bullcrap inserted by people who desired power over the KOSMOS at the time. And then listening to the blind sheep defend the same.

Only where it needs to be removed. Did Jesus now come to save the WHOLE UNIVERSE, and perhaps ALL the STARS??

Naa, we will definately disagree here. You must become part of the Church which is IN the NC. And the Church is grafted INTO Israel.

Yep, there it is,,,your little out of context verses. I knew it would come up, like Mormons who say Joseph Smith was TRULY a prophet when debating them and they have nothing new to say.

No, Jesus Christ is the good news. Period! Reconciled at last, BECAUSE I believe and submit and repent, and sought forgiveness for my transgressions.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:53 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Word Origin & History
cosmos

c.1200 (but not popular until 1848, as a translation of Humboldt's Kosmos ), from Gk. kosmos "order, good order, orderly arrangement" (cf. Homeric kosmeo , used of the act of marshaling troops), with an important secondary sense of "ornaments of a woman's dress, decoration" (cf. kosmokomes "dressing the hair"), also "the universe, the world."

Pythagoras is said to have been the first to apply this word to "the universe," perhaps originally meaning "the starry firmament," but later it was extended to the whole physical world, including the earth. For specific reference to "the world of people," the classical phrase was he oikoumene (ge) "the inhabited (earth)."

Septuagint uses both kosmos and oikoumene . Kosmos also was used in Christian religious writing with a sense of "worldly life, this world (as opposed to the afterlife)," but the more frequent word for this was aion , lit. "lifetime, age."

If, it is of any interest!

Origin:
1150–1200; ME < Gk kósmos order, form, arrangement, the world or universe.

Kosmos | Define Kosmos at Dictionary.com

Old 11-03-2010, 01:06 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
"Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

The end comes sooner than most believe.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:59 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
14Seeing, then, the children have partaken of flesh and blood, he himself also in like manner did take part of the same, that through death he might destroy him having the power of death -- that is, the devil

Pretty explosive verse of scripture !!!!!!!!

That through death He destroyed him who had the power of death.

What do you believe is the power of death that the devil had power over ?

I will go with the fear of it (verse 15)
The power of Death is Sin. The devil here is that spirit which tempts us to let our lusts to satisfy the flesh, prevail.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:13 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The power of Death is Sin. The devil here is that spirit which tempts us to let our lusts to satisfy the flesh, prevail.
Hi trettep

Good answer and i agree

Old 11-03-2010, 08:22 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
The power of the devil is the fear of him ..Christ defeated him on the cross along with the power of fear..

jmho

Old 11-03-2010, 08:36 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
The power of the devil is the fear of him ..Christ defeated him on the cross along with the power of fear..

jmho
Fear of death. Majority of unbelieveing people fear death. Ever heard of a saying "there are no atheists in the fox-hole"? When people accept Christ into their heart, he takes away that fear.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM

271 posts, read 355,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
14Seeing, then, the children have partaken of flesh and blood, he himself also in like manner did take part of the same, that through death he might destroy him having the power of death -- that is, the devil
Pretty explosive verse of scripture !!!!!!!!
That through death He destroyed him who had the power of death.
What do you believe is the power of death that the devil had power over ?
I will go with the fear of it (verse 15)
Devil having the power of death

Old 11-03-2010, 08:16 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
The power of death is fear???? Ironmaw has gone off the deepend.....

The power of death the devil had over man was the power of death that withheld resurrection, as per God's divine decree..... Only Christ accomplished that....believe on Him...and there is no separation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity