U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:18 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,310,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The power of Death is Sin. The devil here is that spirit which tempts us to let our lusts to satisfy the flesh, prevail.
The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 06:46 AM

30,410 posts, read 20,152,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The power of death is fear???? Ironmaw has gone off the deepend.....

The power of death the devil had over man was the power of death that withheld resurrection, as per God's divine decree..... Only Christ accomplished that....believe on Him...and there is no separation.
I part agree with that, but surely the power that it had over man left him in fear and bondage to death.

Because what is being fed into the mind of man here is that there is no resurrection, and when you are dead you are dead you are done. Now if someone told me that, and i and was convinced of it through fear and not knowing God, life as we know it would be one big party to me, why would i in my carnal nature want to submit to God if there was no resurrection?.

Wouldn't you say The power of death is sin and the sting of death is sin are the same thing ?

Old 11-04-2010, 12:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,232,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The power of death is fear???? Ironmaw has gone off the deepend.....

The power of death the devil had over man was the power of death that withheld resurrection, as per God's divine decree..... Only Christ accomplished that....believe on Him...and there is no separation.

Hbr 2:14-15
Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

I like it in the deep end, that is where the deeper truths are to be found.

The wading pool is for those who still haven't been weened from the milk ...

Like i said, the fear of death is what the devil uses, to control the masses. And it is what world religions and governments use to control the masses as well.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-04-2010 at 01:51 PM..

Old 11-08-2010, 02:54 PM

910 posts, read 1,050,581 times
my 2 cents:

Before Christ came, some children of God that died, were left in various places , some in the sea, others in the hades and yet other had their spirits in hell, trapped by the angel of death. By his death, Christ liberated those spirits trapped in the various places and gave them a chance for everlasting life (Rev 20:13).

Now that the death is no more but yet people die. What do I mean by death is no more? When the righteous die, they have another shot at life by reincarnating with Christ (John 6:40, John 11:25) when he comes back. So spiritually, there is no more death, but physically you see people dieing. People need to die, so that others can be born.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:05 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,939,669 times
i think the fear and bondage comes from ignorance,ignorance of our original positions as eternal servants of God!!!

Old 11-10-2010, 06:30 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,659,015 times
Pro 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those loving it eat its fruit.

Many just don't get what that verse means. Even Jesus said that His Words ARE LIFE. Until you can understand how Words ARE Life, much of what you learn about God will be full of error.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,138,894 times
Quote:
Pro 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those loving it eat its fruit.

Many just don't get what that verse means. Even Jesus said that His Words ARE LIFE. Until you can understand how Words ARE Life, much of what you learn about God will be full of error.
This merits a new thread..

Blessings!
Brian

Old 11-10-2010, 07:20 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,791,623 times
Quote:

Would you care to explain that verse Trettep? I mean, in layman's terms. I think that is an important verse to understand. How are death and life in the power of the "tongue"?

Old 11-10-2010, 07:21 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,791,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
This merits a new thread..

Blessings!
Brian
I believe it does!! That's a good one.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:26 AM

7,366 posts, read 6,257,092 times
Five hundred years before The Christ, The Buddha taught his disciples to overcome the cycle of birth and death by right thinking. Once one becomes Enlightened, one is no longer a slave to the cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or