U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 AM

3,066 posts, read 1,569,895 times

Advertisements

As Christians, what sin(s) do you feel you struggle MOST with?

RESPONSE:

Lack of patience in suffering fools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 PM

7,374 posts, read 4,459,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
When i sin i acknowledge that i have stepped out of the grace of God and under the law.

By the way you guys are angels compared to me , i dare not share what i can be like due to the weak in faith
An interesting thing about those who are forgiven much, as compared to those who are forgiven little ...

Luk 7:47
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, [the same] loveth little.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:28 PM

19,407 posts, read 9,548,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
An interesting thing about those who are forgiven much, as compared to those who are forgiven little ...

Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, [the same] loveth little.
So true .

Old 11-01-2010, 01:36 PM

6,521 posts, read 4,438,373 times
Good to know there are no struggling murderers on here.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:41 PM

5,966 posts, read 3,027,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Good to know there are no struggling murderers on here.
Well, at first I laughed at your comment, then soon after I realized that there very well may be Only God knows the secrets in the heart of any person.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:51 PM

35,879 posts, read 13,006,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

I wonder how Simon felt when Jesus said that.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:30 PM

8,995 posts, read 4,915,467 times
Well, Jesus said that ,"If you have faith the size of a mustard seed you can move mountains". I'm not moving many these days. My biggest sin by far and I think most Christians also is not putting our entire faith and trust in God and His promises to us.

Jesus summed up the entire law of God by telling us that we should Love the Lord with all of our being and to love our neighbour, {ALL OTHERS} as ourselves. If we were faithful in these things then I don't think we would have to much to worry about in relation to other sins.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:03 PM

6,521 posts, read 4,438,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Well, at first I laughed at your comment, then soon after I realized that there very well may be Only God knows the secrets in the heart of any person.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:30 AM

27,237 posts, read 27,223,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I thought this would be a good thread to help others see that ALL of us struggle. Even those that claim to have overcome sin must still struggle? So share...as long as it's PG-13.

Me first.

Anger. I didn't think this was something I struggled with until recently. I almost NEVER show anger outwardly, but it bubbles up inside of me quite a bit. Many times this has to do with other peoples driving abilities.

Vanity. I am vain, I've gotten better tho. I think.

Drinking. I have been known to get tipsy.

I'm sure there are lots of others. I've (well Jesus really) successfully overcome some of the really grave sin in my life so I know there is hope for me to overcome the rest.

I mean I used to be REALLY bad. I'm a lot better now. I honestly can take no credit for it tho. Jesus instantly healed me of many of my sinful desires so that things I used to think I could not live without, I now hate.

You?
I don't "struggle" with any. I know and recognize that I'm going to sin, and accept my nature as it is.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:42 AM

16,448 posts, read 10,832,412 times
Being unable to love others as Jesus loves me. I'm working on it. It was His commandment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity