U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 07:40 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,897,010 times

Advertisements

to be more spacific,how many actually think its goin to happen in this lifetime,and what if it dosent????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 08:08 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,585,156 times
According to Thrillobyte's thread, it's going to happen before this year is up!

Another Rapture Season Comes & Goes...REALLY? NOT SO FAST....!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:20 PM

5,660 posts, read 4,447,771 times
No.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:05 PM

7,921 posts, read 9,506,174 times
Actually, all will face the same thing as the rapture when they suddenly die and meet the Lord in the air. In that respect, we are all individually living in our own End Times --(just as every person from the first generation on, has had an equal reason to believe theirs was the final generation.)

The real issue may not be whether the rapture will occur in our lifetime, but whether we are ready to meet the Lord at any moment ... are we living ready?

In the sense of your actual question, all of the necessary signs and prophecies have been fulfilled - the Rapture could occur at any time ... and I believe it will occur during this generation.

But, think about this; 'Why are believers given the information about the End Times and Great Tribulation --- if we will not actually be on earth --- and could not adequately prepare, if we were?'

I believe it is to give believers of all times and equal sense of urgency in reaching out to the lost and dying world, while there is time.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:21 PM

6 posts, read 11,034 times
I believe the Rapture will take place before the beginning of the tribulation period, and because of that I believe nothing remains to keep Christ from rapturing us immediately. I "think" he will gather us within ten years because of how many things are lining up that will be part of the tribulation period. The world power bases, and financial systems are changing quickly. The countries who are to fool and attack Israel are strengthening. Mainly the countdown since Israel has become a nation is on. There will be those who read and will nay say. It's simply amazing how many things are discounted as fairy tales by unbelievers. That part of the world is still, after thousands of years, the spark of conflict in the world.

If Christ doesn't come during my life I will die expecting him to. As others have since shortly after Christ gave his life for us, no one truly knows the time.

Isn't it amazing how huge masses are so interested in the end times, why is it peaking so? I have never heard so many sermons and discussion im the faith concerning Prophecy also. Our redemption draweth nigh...

Mark

Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 AM

56,041 posts, read 30,403,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
to be more spacific,how many actually think its goin to happen in this lifetime,and what if it dosent????
The Bible says no one knows when it will happen. Yes, I expect it to happen, but not necessarily during my lifetime. But then again, who knows...

Old 11-01-2010, 06:20 AM

i personally dont beleive in the rapture however i find it interseting,and when i found this on the internet it really made me think ,about 3 quarter the way down,there are some lines from the book of revelation that seem to match the Vedic description's of the end times
Kalki Avatar The Apocalyptic Horse Rider

Old 11-01-2010, 07:00 AM

3,066 posts, read 2,878,506 times
As someone quipped, I just hope that I'm not flying in an airplane and the pilot raptures and I don't.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
As someone quipped, I just hope that I'm not flying in an airplane and the pilot raptures and I don't.
i can see it causing alot of accidents alright,what will happen to does who die,because of the rapture,i mean if God takes away the pilot,then its kinda his fault that those who die in the plane crash didnt get a chance to repent,or whatever their meant to do to make it back to God,and since they didnt get raptured then they must be going to hell.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:34 PM

10,024 posts, read 9,865,038 times
As a Christian of the Refomed faith I do not believe in the Rapture at all. The way the dispensationalists have murdered the scriptures to come up with the fairytales they do is just heresy in my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or