U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-07-2010, 11:08 AM

159 posts, read 92,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You have been shown the word of God, and you choose to reject the it. What you say is true though: There is nothing you can say on this forum to make me believe a lie. The Holy Spirit has already shown me the truth, and convinced me of it, so there is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise.
How can anyone tell a difference between voice of God (or holy spirit for that matter) and voice of the devil? I am pretty sure lot's of Muslims have voices in their head, too.

Last edited by python87; 11-07-2010 at 11:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 11:55 AM

19,090 posts, read 9,346,534 times
James 3 verse17 says

The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure,peace loving,considerate,submissive, full of mercy and good fruit,impartial and sincere.

Python87 i use this as a rule of thumb in discerning that which is of God.

Those who believe so vehemently in Eternal torture and annihilation does any of the above verse fit into your wisdom that makes you so sold out to it ?.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:47 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,198,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
An Éireanach Thú?...Tugaim faoi deara go n-úsáideann tú an focal 'craic' in ionad 'crack'. Craic ciallaíonn 'party or fun'. Agus is cosúil do Béarla a bheith i struchtúr abairte na hÉireann.
I am sooooo ashamed of myself,yes i am Irish but i havnt got a clue,bar a few words,what you have siad there,our schools did teach irish,but not in the right way,it was more of a curricullum(even my english is crap),those that were brought up in irish schools usually turn out fluent,but 99% of the rest of us that go to normal community schools never really learn the language,such a shame not knowing your own language,,,,,but yes you were right i am irish and i was supposed to write cracked and not craiced,we keep that word for somethin else altogether..................i know there are other people who speak Gealge rather than Irish,so are you Irish yourself!!!

Old 11-07-2010, 12:59 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,198,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure,peace loving,considerate,submissive, full of mercy and good fruit,impartial and sincere.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:34 PM

35,507 posts, read 12,715,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
How can anyone tell a difference between voice of God (or holy spirit for that matter) and voice of the devil? I am pretty sure lot's of Muslims have voices in their head, too.
What do you think? The Bible says "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Satan knows there is a place prepred for him and his angels, and he knows that those who reject The Son Of God will end up there too, and his mission is to deceive as many as possible so that they would end up there. So, it makes perfect sense that he tries to deceive people into thinking that such place does not even exist.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
What do you think? The Bible says "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Satan knows there is a place prepred for him and his angels, and he knows that those who reject The Son Of God will end up there too, and his mission is to deceive as many as possible so that they would end up there. So, it makes perfect sense that he tries to deceive people into thinking that such place does not even exist.
If I where a Satan (or evil / bored god) that's exactly what I might tell you.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
If I where a Satan (or evil / bored god) that's exactly what I might tell you.
That there is no hell, because everyone is going to heaven no matter what, and that if there was a hell then that would make God evil.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
That there is no hell, because everyone is going to heaven no matter what.
That's the option... but since so few believe in that, that's not very efficient. It would work better to just find some guy (Jesus) and trick him into thinking he is son of God. That's how you get more people!

Old 11-07-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
That's the option... but since so few believe in that, that's not very efficient. It would work better to just find some guy (Jesus) and trick him into thinking he is son of God. That's how you get more people!
Yes, that is another one of his favorite lies: that there is no God.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:57 PM

Or that true God is Allah. The point is, there is simply no good reason to believe higher being that can do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity