Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 886 times

Advertisements

First off yes hell was created for the devil and his.angels and now he tricks people Into not beleaveing In
Jesus to end up there, the bible says my people die from the lack of knowledge,
If you get very drunk that you wont know your own name then drive what do you Think will happen, get Into a car accident or even.worst die. But we blame God, God gave us free will.or we would.be a robot. He wants us to love him on our own jer29:11 for I know the planes I have for you. But we have our own planes and own thoughts .he those worn us and give us the warningsof hell but we avoid them like we do with driven with out a seat belt and drunk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 05:28 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,241,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronjace View Post
First off yes hell was created for the devil and his.angels and now he tricks people Into not beleaveing In
Jesus to end up there, the bible says my people die from the lack of knowledge,
If you get very drunk that you wont know your own name then drive what do you Think will happen, get Into a car accident or even.worst die. But we blame God, God gave us free will.or we would.be a robot. He wants us to love him on our own jer29:11 for I know the planes I have for you. But we have our own planes and own thoughts .he those worn us and give us the warningsof hell but we avoid them like we do with driven with out a seat belt and drunk
this is an old thread mate,if ya want a debate then read the whole thread then you will see where im comin from,i used to bieleve what you do and now im so far from that horrid so called''reality'',that its hard for me to bieleve that i used to think like this,God is good and loves everyone more than you or anything in all the universes,ask yourself why he would use torture that never ends as a means of punishment,only a very evil being would want and act on such a thing.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:53 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,105,641 times
Quote:
On which day did God create Hell??????
Does anyone really know?

He had prepared it for Satan and his fallen angels after they all were cast out of heaven.

Quote:
[SIZE=4]Matthew 25:41[/SIZE] "Then he [Jesus] will say to those on his left, `Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
Quote:
Revelation 20:10 ~ And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Quote:
Matt 25 31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:....41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:....46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal

Old 12-16-2011, 09:38 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,416,888 times

Does it matter ? The thing about it is that it's very terrible and you don't want to be sent there.

"For wide is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,978,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Does it matter ? The thing about it is that it's very terrible and you don't want to be sent there.

"For wide is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."
Quote:

On which day did God create the grave? I don't think God created graves. It very likely came about when Abel's dead body had to be buried.

Now as to this verse:

Mt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.

First, where does this verse mention hell/sheol i.e the grave? Or in otherwords what does fire have to do with a grave?

Second, the word everlasting is aionois and means age abiding; fire. This means the punishment will last as long as it takes for God's purpose to be accomplished. No more, no less. This is called 'letting the punishment fit the crime.'

Third the Greek has a word for eternal it's aidios and it's only used 2 times: Roms. 1:20; Jude 1:6

Now as to this verse:

Rev. 14:11 And the smoke of their *torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

*torment: basanismos and means testing as in a touch stone.

Next note it says for ever and ever. In the Greek ever is used in the plural form so it would read: for evers and evers. [are there two forevers?]

also note day/night are measurements of time.

So to answer the OP. God did not create a "hell" ppl talk about where the devil is, there's sulfur and ppl are unendingly tormented .

He did prepard something called the lake of fire [hell fire] for the devil/his angels, which is also called the second death. Note it says death, not unending torment. That's why is also days the wages of sin is death [not never ending torment].

Old 12-22-2011, 10:47 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,441,062 times
man, which his wicked heart, created hell in his vain imaginations.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Feel free to use logic and common sense. If the Bible says "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

It was prepared. Period. Who cares when it was prepared? The Bible doesn't say when Paul was born either. Should that mean he never existed?
Did not God anticipate Him sending mankind to hell? I thought he was omniscient?

He creates hell for the devil and his angels; then creates man; they screw-up and Gods says oooops did not expect that - where the h*** am I going to put some of them guys - oh wait.....

Old 12-25-2011, 08:44 AM

229 posts, read 330,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If the Bible says "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
People LOVE to quote this verse, but conveniently omit the preceding verses and the verses that follow.

Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Have you done/not done any of the above recently.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:42 PM

9 posts, read 6,569 times
God did not create the hell that we think of as hell, but God did
create a place for satan and his angels before satan was satan.
A place for those who were to watch over this world.
Everything was created in six days and it was good, and then
God rested on the 7th day.
This place was a paradise, but after satan sinned this paradise
started to change to reflect satan's nature. To see what God
created look at what is called paradise, where Jesus went for three days,
the place for the righteous unsaved, God put his hand of protection
over this part of hell, the rest of hell belonged to satan and under
satan's rule it became what we think of today.
And this hell is not God's punishment. God sends no one to this
hell, everyone is going to this hell unless they love God, this hell is where
the soul's that belong to satan go.this hell is our own choice!
And to anyone who believes that they may be going there you had better
change, because if you think that all you have to deal with is fire
and brimstone, that's the least of your worries; fire doesn't think
but demons do, and your soul belongs to them and satan and they can
do to you what ever they feel like, and the women really should be
worried because some demons left heaven to be with women and were
punished by God in everlasting chains of darkness. And God made it so
no more demons could be with women, but if you find yourself in this
hell these demons have had thousands of years to think of things to do.
Think of a child that pulls the wings off of a fly, and then let your
imagination go wild.
This hell is not God's punishment, that comes after judgement
in the lake of fire.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:55 PM

18,422 posts, read 9,040,549 times
Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity