Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:54 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
No you're wrong...It was a Fryday......
lol . I knew the Catholics would be involved with it somehow , all that left over burning hot oil after they have fried their fish on Fryday , gave them ideas.

Only joking RC's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 12:30 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
Quote:
no you're wrong...it was a fryday......
-

Old 11-01-2010, 02:26 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Moderator cut: quoted post was deleted

The topic is: when did God create hell?

Its not mentioned in Genesis. Its not even really mentioned in the old testament. You'd think that would be an important detail for the thousands of millions of people who lived before Jesus came and preached about Gehenna.
thats what i mean,if it were created wouldnt it have been mentioned somewhere in genesis,maybe the first line.yet peple that read the bibe ,not all,are convice that this is reality.

it just goes to show that the whole doctrine was placed in the minds of the people along time after Jehova appeared.

yet people use Jesus' words to confirm their beleif,when Jesus Himself spoke in a flowery language,using parables and stuff,and the thing is Jesus only Loved and preached Love and was a living example of the Father!!!,im not even christian,i do beleive in Him though,and ALL His Father's forms,God is One,He is Love and He is the supreme freind of ALL living entity's,He is transcendental,the embodiement of truth,joy and consioussness He is eternally full of bliss and knowledge and wants us all back home,ET is a plague of the human mind,it distorts the very nature and charachter of God to the lowest degree,i hope in time all of our freinds on CD will realize that they like millions ave been dooped bye a lie that it hundreds if not thousands of years old.

BTW Finn,i wasnt trying to insult you,although i kind of called you a coward,only because i want you to realise that bye avoiding these questions you only hold yourself back from the truth,imagine if i was to accuse a man of murder before looking through every nook and cranny to make sure the evidence was there,if i didnt ask all the questions and find out what exactly could have happened,dont be afraid of the question,God wants you to look in your heart and search for the truth,He loves ya but cant do it for you,you need to seek to find!!!!best wishes...lee!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 02:30 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
i thought it was wedinsday.........the day he got married

Old 11-01-2010, 02:47 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
thats what i mean,if it were created wouldnt it have been mentioned somewhere in genesis,maybe the first line.yet peple that read the bibe ,not all,are convice that this is reality.

it just goes to show that the whole doctrine was placed in the minds of the people along time after Jehova appeared.

yet people use Jesus' words to confirm their beleif,when Jesus Himself spoke in a flowery language,using parables and stuff,and the thing is Jesus only Loved and preached Love and was a living example of the Father!!!,im not even christian,i do beleive in Him though,and ALL His Father's forms,God is One,He is Love and He is the supreme freind of ALL living entity's,He is transcendental,the embodiement of truth,joy and consioussness He is eternally full of bliss and knowledge and wants us all back home,ET is a plague of the human mind,it distorts the very nature and charachter of God to the lowest degree,i hope in time all of our freinds on CD will realize that they like millions ave been dooped bye a lie that it hundreds if not thousands of years old.
Indeed - the idea of conscious eternal torment is pagan in nature and came out of the minds of depraved men.

It does indeed distort the character of God beyond belief: God is love, tells us to love our fellow man so we can be like Him, yet we are to believe that He allows or even purposes people to be tormented forever? It is a dupe, a lie, as you said. Yet so many fall for it.

Its interesting that so far no one has given any kind of an answer to your OP, other than "it doesn't exist!".

Clearly if God was love, and lets say this place called "hell" just had to exist, due to circumstances beyond God's control (as if that were possible!)... surely God would have warned mankind from day one. Every other sentence in the bible should have been: please do as I say or you will be burnt in fire (literal or spiritually) for the rest of eternity, and there is nothing I can do about it! (as if God couldn't do anything about it!).

Once you start to question it, the idea becomes preposterous. That is why people can't dare question it, nor try to answer these questions you raise - their doctrine would fall like a house of cards.

We should always checking any man made doctrine against the fruits of the spirit: joy, peace, and love (God is love). And the doctrine of hell has very bad fruit.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:11 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,301 times
Quote:
Ans....hysterical

Old 11-01-2010, 03:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Feel free to use logic and common sense. If the Bible says "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

It was prepared. Period. Who cares when it was prepared? The Bible doesn't say when Paul was born either. Should that mean he never existed?

Old 11-01-2010, 03:28 PM

159 posts, read 174,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Feel free to use logic and common sense. If the Bible says "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

It was prepared. Period. Who cares when it was prepared? The Bible doesn't say when Paul was born either. Should that mean he never existed?

Thrown in the fire for what reason? Me want whole parable

Old 11-01-2010, 03:36 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
In Genesis 1:2-4....``and darkness was upon the face of the deep....verse 3 ....and God said Let there be light and there was light......and God saw the light, that it was good and God divided the light from the darkness``.....think that is just legaly real bright light to see other than the darkness that was not good ... look to verse 16 ..``And God made two great lights the greater to rule the day and the lesser to rule the night he made the stars also.......God rejected the darkness and made the light and it was good and the darkness was not.......The will to create for the place of hell came on the first day.............

Old 11-01-2010, 03:42 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
and why dosent the bible mention a day for this so called horrible creation!!!!!
God didn't create hell, man did. Hell is just the condition of the soul when man refused God's grace of Divine Love. After that, negativity was brought to the world by the actions of the first parents. If they had not refused the Gift, our planet would most likely be in Light and Life. It was by our own actions that darkness was created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity