U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-04-2010, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
34,679 posts, read 12,051,973 times
Reputation: 4328
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think you will find it's "believe otherwise" and not "taught otherwise". How much do you believe today Finn, what you were taught when you became a christian ?
I believe with all my heart, and I haven't really been taught as much as researched myself.

Thanks for asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,003,529 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I believe with all my heart, and I haven't really been taught as much as researched myself.

Thanks for asking.
The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth, not necessarily research. Maybe you believe (in hell) with all your head, not heart. Maybe one can believe in God with all their heart, and hell with their head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Status: "ask why me ... rather than not why not them" (set 24 days ago)
 
9,395 posts, read 4,866,444 times
Reputation: 1022
Shortly after eviction day......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 04:45 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
34,679 posts, read 12,051,973 times
Reputation: 4328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth, not necessarily research. Maybe you believe (in hell) with all your head, not heart. Maybe one can believe in God with all their heart, and hell with their head.
Yes, the Holy Sprit has helped me find the truth. Praise the Lord.

It is easier if you open your heart and listen and stop trying to insert 'logic' and human sense of justice into every verse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 2,659,849 times
Reputation: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, the Holy Sprit has helped me find the truth. Praise the Lord.

It is easier if you open your heart and listen and stop trying to insert 'logic' and human sense of justice into every verse.


Blessings Finn!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 07:39 AM
 
Location: RI
18,950 posts, read 8,988,697 times
Reputation: 1331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, the Holy Sprit has helped me find the truth. Praise the Lord.

It is easier if you open your heart and listen and stop trying to insert 'logic' and human sense of justice into every verse.
I actually prefer the Justice of God , He's far more merciful

14 David said to Gad, “I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is great; BUT do not let me fall into human hands.” 2 Sam 24:14

Yes i know David did not get off lightly, but i dread to think the outcome of what he suffered if he had fallen into the hands of men.

We know what the church hierarchy has done in the past to believers,especially in good old England and Europe,many have fallen at the hands of them, even thinking they were doing God a service by executing what they believed was the justice of God,because of their belief in hell and they did not know that God was long suffering who is not willing that no man perish nor could they understand that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
34,679 posts, read 12,051,973 times
Reputation: 4328
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I actually prefer the Justice of God , He's far more merciful

14 David said to Gad, I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is great; BUT do not let me fall into human hands. 2 Sam 24:14

Yes i know David did not get off lightly, but i dread to think the outcome of what he suffered if he had fallen into the hands of men.

We know what the church hierarchy has done in the past to believers,especially in good old England and Europe,many have fallen at the hands of them, even thinking they were doing God a service by executing what they believed was the justice of God,because of their belief in hell and they did not know that God was long suffering who is not willing that no man perish nor could they understand that.
Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 11:41 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,163,824 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think you will find it's "believe otherwise" and not "taught otherwise". How much do you believe today Finn, what you were taught when you became a christian ?
beleif and faith in things can change but TRUTH does not!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 11:48 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,163,824 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I actually prefer the Justice of God , He's far more merciful

14 David said to Gad, I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is great; BUT do not let me fall into human hands. 2 Sam 24:14

Yes i know David did not get off lightly, but i dread to think the outcome of what he suffered if he had fallen into the hands of men.

We know what the church hierarchy has done in the past to believers,especially in good old England and Europe,many have fallen at the hands of them, even thinking they were doing God a service by executing what they believed was the justice of God,because of their belief in hell and they did not know that God was long suffering who is not willing that no man perish nor could they understand that.
i think the first christians to hit america were protestants from england,who wanted to do things there own way,only problem was all the bull they carried with them----eternal torment,you wouldnt do it to yhour worst enemy,not even an animal but yet people think that the nature of an all loving God is torturing people for eternity................i watched a film the other night"the collector"and yer man was a sick puppy,torturing his victims"how can you link what this man was doing in a film to what Jesus is or His Father is goin to do to most of His creation,,,,,i tell you watching that film,that man getting tortured so graphically was sick,and i couldnt wait till he died and was put out of his misery,i know its onl a film but it shows you how torture is sooooooo evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 AM
 
Location: RI
18,950 posts, read 8,988,697 times
Reputation: 1331
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
beleif and faith in things can change but TRUTH does not!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely,much of what i have believed and also been taught in the past i believed to be the truth only later to discover it's not. Any man who believes he has the truth and worse still has all of it, is a man most deceived and open to nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top