U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2010, 06:40 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,164,663 times
Reputation: 175
Default On which day did God create Hell??????

and why dosent the bible mention a day for this so called horrible creation!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2010, 08:48 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,004,508 times
Reputation: 243
Good point! After creating He said it was good. Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-01-2010 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: off topic/trying to keep the etvsur fights down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2010, 08:49 AM
 
313 posts, read 458,901 times
Reputation: 161
It isn't mentioned because He never created it! Man did...

The Bible assures us in Ecclesiastes 9:5 "*For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten."
and vs 10: "All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going."

Sheol is the Hebrew word which refers to the abode of the dead- meaning the grave, plain and simple.
When a person dies they are just gone- like a candle flame when it goes out, it doesn't "go" anywhere, it's just gone! The only place a dead person "lives" on, is in God's memory awaiting a resurrection.

Some translations of the Bible do render Sheol as hell- but it still refers to the common grave of mankind. RELIGION and people have changed the meaning of Sheol and hell to a place of torture which is NOT in harmony with a God of love or the overall theme of the Bible.

The Greek philosophers had the greatest influence on the idea of Hell as a place of eternal torture.

RELIGION was influenced by philosophy and steered away from what the Bible really teachings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2010, 08:52 AM
 
6,209 posts, read 3,815,312 times
Reputation: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiJay View Post
It isn't mentioned because He never created it! Man did...

The Bible assures us in Ecclesiastes 9:5 "*For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten."
and vs 10: "All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going."

Sheol is the Hebrew word which refers to the abode of the dead- meaning the grave, plain and simple.
When a person dies they are just gone- like a candle flame when it goes out, it doesn't "go" anywhere, it's just gone! The only place a dead person "lives" on, is in God's memory awaiting a resurrection.

Some translations of the Bible do render Sheol as hell- but it still refers to the common grave of mankind. RELIGION and people have changed the meaning of Sheol and hell to a place of torture which is NOT in harmony with a God of love or the overall theme of the Bible.

The Greek philosophers had the greatest influence on the idea of Hell as a place of eternal torture.

RELIGION was influenced by philosophy and steered away from what the Bible really teachings...
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2010, 08:58 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,356,501 times
Reputation: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
and why dosent the bible mention a day for this so called horrible creation!!!!!

Because God didn't want to tell anyone, but we got wise to his shenanagins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2010, 09:19 AM
 
6,960 posts, read 16,152,459 times
Reputation: 6473
First, you have to prove that there is a hell. Then, you have to prove that God, not Man, put forth the idea of Eternal punishment, Then, you might be able to figure out that there MIGHT be a hell, and it MIGHT be a place of eternal punishment.

Then, come back and ask your question again. I am sure that there are those to whom God has spoken to personally that will be glad to answer your question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2010, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Oregon
3,066 posts, read 1,461,897 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
and why dosent the bible mention a day for this so called horrible creation!!!!!
RESPONSE:

It was a Monday morning, obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2010, 11:12 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,164,663 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

It was a Monday morning, obviously.
hangover-day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2010, 11:29 AM
 
6,209 posts, read 3,815,312 times
Reputation: 647
Moderator cut: quoted post was deleted



The topic is: when did God create hell?

Its not mentioned in Genesis. Its not even really mentioned in the old testament. You'd think that would be an important detail for the thousands of millions of people who lived before Jesus came and preached about Gehenna.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-01-2010 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2010, 11:41 AM
 
5,501 posts, read 2,381,961 times
Reputation: 5118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

It was a Monday morning, obviously.
No you're wrong...It was a Fryday......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top