Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 06:26 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
She left what she mistakenly believes UR is all about (like so many of the mainstream and fundamentalists do) . . . I believe she does not have the first clue what it is really about.
Well from all that I've read here it appears to me that "she" does not have a clue what Christian Universalism is. She is equating CU to atheism. She thinks she was a universalist when she wasn't a believer, or in other words she sees universalism as non-belief. Very confused woman. Hasn't there been enough threads and posts to educate any ignorance about Christian Universalism?

Old 11-02-2010, 06:27 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I see. So, if someone leaves UR, then he/she is immediatelly branded as a 'not a real UR'. Sigh......
No . . . when someone boasts about leaving UR intimating that she loved her sin too much until her experiences taught her to abandon her sin . . . this indicates a misunderstanding about what UR actually is. Then when she is reluctant to tell us what she thought UR meant when she was "loving her sin" . . . that indicates she probably associates UR with sinners who do not repent and believe they don't need to. While this is typical misinformation about UR in the mainstream and fundamentalist religions . . . "loving sin" has NOTHING to do with UR. So . . it is her own impressions that indicate she was not a "real UR" . . . NOT being branded for leaving.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Well from all that I've read here it appears to me that "she" does not have a clue what Christian Universalism is. She is equating CU to atheism. She thinks she was a universalist when she wasn't a believer, or in other words she sees universalism as non-belief. Very confused woman. Hasn't there been enough threads and posts to educate any ignorance about Christian Universalism?
You are right, Ilene . . . and you should know that "educating the ignorance" is not an easy task when facing dogmatic believers. They are not "thinking" or listening to the "heresy" to learn anything they have been told to fear and reject . . . they are simply "reacting" to profess and protect their faith in the "precepts and doctrines of men" they have been indoctrinated with.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:42 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . when someone boasts about leaving UR intimating that she loved her sin too much until her experiences taught her to abandon her sin . . . this indicates a misunderstanding about what UR actually is. Then when she is reluctant to tell us what she thought UR meant when she was "loving her sin" . . . that indicates she probably associates UR with sinners who do not repent and believe they don't need to. While this is typical misinformation about UR in the mainstream and fundamentalist religions . . . "loving sin" has NOTHING to do with UR. So . . it is her own impressions that indicate she was not a "real UR" . . . NOT being branded for leaving.
It appears you have stricks guidelines about who qualifies and who does not qualify as a UR. Are you seriously telling me there is no such thing as a UR who sin? None with a drinking problem for example? If there were, would you tell them they are not "real" URs?

From what I gather from your comments, UR is not a belief, it is a membership in a cult, and if you leave, they'll make you pay for it. You are making her pay now.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
It appears you have stricks guidelines about who qualifies and who does not qualify as a UR. Are you seriously telling me there is no such thing as a UR who sin? None with a drinking problem for example? If there were, would you tell them they are not "real" URs?

From what I gather from your comments, UR is not a belief, it is a membership in a cult, and if you leave, they'll make you pay for it. You are making her pay now.
Give it up Finn, obviously the woman has stepped out of the discussion because she has realized she didn't know what she was talking about so why are you still talking about it? You just have to keep on taunting and calling UR a cult just to stir up trouble. Why don't you go read up on Christian Universalism also since you obviously don't know what it is either?

Old 11-02-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Huh?? Where do you come up with this stuff? You have to be pulling it out of your nether regions because it bears no resemblance to anything I have said. EVERYBODY sins. Those who say they don't are liars.
Quote:
From what I gather from your comments . . . you have no idea what CU or UR is all about . . . nor is your reading comprehension very good at all. There is no membership. It is an understanding of the pure love of God (NOT the warped and incompatible beliefs of the mainstream dogmatists). ALL those who understand that God IS love and NOT an ET or Annihilator of His children . . . and that our responsibility is to "love God and each other" . . . are CU's or UR's.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:55 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Give it up Finn, obviously the woman has stepped out of the discussion because she has realized she didn't know what she was talking about so why are you still talking about it? You just have to keep on taunting and calling UR a cult just to stir up trouble. Why don't you go read up on Christian Universalism also since you obviously don't know what it is either?
Would you mind answering the question?

PS. I would have left too, if I had been attacked and judged the way you guys attacked her. Do I know whay she believed for 20 years? No, but I don't run around jumping into conclusions and making judgEment about her.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Would you mind answering the question?
What question???

Old 11-02-2010, 07:41 PM

122 posts, read 191,325 times
Quote:
Confused, how so.....???

I do know just what UR is !
My post Ironmaw asked if I was an ET believer, my reply was.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
I was never a ET believer...... just one of those lost souls who loved my sin. Didn't even cared about God, Jesus, religion and most of all sure didn't even want to repent of the love of my sin.

My age well let's put it this way been retired for 7 yrs..... probably could be your grandmother.... lol !!!

And as far as your last post........

Well, you and other's can be as skeptical all you want......
Isn't that the reason you left God's truth anyway...... the skepticism of the truth of God's written word.

By the way I am not here to float boats !!! But to obey the calling of my Lord Jesus as He leads me.....

God Bless
Now, IW, where did I say what you are implying.... " She thinks she was a universalist when she wasn't a believer, or in other words she sees universalism as non-belief."

Ironmaw never asked when did I become a UR !!!! Just if I was a ET believer.......

Yes, I was a sinner and loved my sin before Christ, UR came into my life is what I was implying.
At that point and time I didn't even know what UR was and the way I felt about God, Jesus, religion didn't care either...... but it seems many here know my life and heart more than I do and God.....
You and other's have taken my words and twisted it to say something totally different...... like I was a UR and still a sinner, not true !!!

Quote:
obviously the woman has stepped out of the discussion because she has realized she didn't know what she was talking about so why are you still talking about it? You just have to keep on taunting and calling UR a cult just to stir up trouble. Why don't you go read up on Christian Universalism also since you obviously don't know what it is either?
Wow, another judgmental lie......IW, I stepped out because look at all the nasty, condemning, judgmental replies.... what would be the purpose, you and other's would mock whatever I would say anyway !! Look at all the post in just what little I did share !!!

Am so thankful I listen to the Lord and decided to wait in giving my testimony..... in how it all begun !!!

My goodness,
The way all of you are behaving and what all you are saying is part of why I left UR, the heart never truly changes and really doesn't know the love of Christ !! But I do now !!!

Listen to all of you !!!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:46 PM

8,165 posts, read 6,916,037 times
ahhh... hmmm. wait a minute here. I think a re-cap is in order.

- UR is a cult. (where's my membership card, by the way? secret decoder ring? hmmm. where are these items? I am feeling quite perturbed right about now. I want my cult items delivered to my home, immediately. Who is our cult leader? To whom should I address my questions and concerns?)

- Legitimate questions asking for clarification is suddenly a kin to a brutal attack.

- Claiming UR's claim they don't sin. (man, how twisty can you get with the twisting words. That is some twisty twistiness right there, man. Twisty twistiness to the max extreme.)

- UR's who leave UR-dom have to pay some sort of exit fee? or tax? maybe it's a tax. I was not aware of this. and probably their membership card is taken from them and ripped to shreds and their decoder ring taken away. (not to mention the painful brand. ouch! I wonder what the brand looks like? Maybe a UR with a circle slash through it?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity