Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The UR have said over and over that they had no peace and were tormented by questions, which is why they walked away.
I personally have never said that . I believed in ET right up to the moment i saw the truth of UR .I was in the computer room of our home , where i spent much of my time when my wife was on the way with the coastguard. I came across an article on the internet on UR and has i was reading it i just broke down and wept(for many reasons including repentance) and knew that i knew that i knew what i just read was of God, and have never wavered from it since, and there is one thing i can say in all honesty that is noticably different about me since i have believed in UR and that is i see all who do not know Jesus has lost and not sinners(though they are) , in other words seeing them through my Father's eyes.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:22 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
Not really......

Ps. 37:12-17
12 The wicked plots against the just,
And gnashes at him with his teeth.
13 The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees that his day is coming.
14 The wicked have drawn the sword
And have bent their bow,
To cast down the poor and needy,
To slay those who are of upright conduct.
15 Their sword shall enter their own heart,
And their bows shall be broken.

Yeah, you may have a point.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:25 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
It would not make sense for me to say that I am not at peace and tormented by unanswred questions, because I am at peace and not tormentd by questions. I also have NOT walked away. The UR have said over and over that they had no peace and were tormented by questions, which is why they walked away.

Do you deny it? If you were at peace and happy, and had no unanswered questions, then why did you walk away?
You ARE NOT at peace Finn, and that's evident in your posts. Are you telling me that you have all the answers? All your unanswerable questions have been answered somehow....that's what you're saying? You've convinced yourself that you have all the answers, and then you turn around and try to convince everyone else that you have all the answers too. Not buying it. It's impossible to have complete peace believing in ET, I don't care what you say. You may have joy in the Lord, but in your subconscious mind you still question and wonder about why people are being tortured forever. If you don't, then there is something seriously wrong with you and your heart is not right.

People who believe in UR have not walked away from anything. We have embraced the truth finally and that's what gives true peace and happiness. How do you see that as walking away? Walking away would mean we had become atheists, not closer to the Lord.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:53 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
It would not make sense for me to say that I am not at peace and tormented by unanswred questions, because I am at peace and not tormentd by questions. I also have NOT walked away. The UR have said over and over that they had no peace and were tormented by questions, which is why they walked away.

Do you deny it? If you were at peace and happy, and had no unanswered questions, then why did you walk away?
I think the question is: why are you at peace with the fact that you believe billions of people are even now being tormented for eternity?

Old 11-02-2010, 09:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You ARE NOT at peace Finn, and that's evident in your posts.
It is really not for you to say.

Quote:
Are you telling me that you have all the answers?
No, I am saying I am at peace with my unanswered questions. I am at peace over life, death and afterlife. Praise the Lord.

Quote:
It's impossible to have complete peace believing in ET, I don't care what you say
Pcamps seems to disagree with you.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Guess I'm addressing this to whoever thinks that Christians should constantly be depressed because of lost souls.

Excuse me, but there's enough to be depressed about - despite supposing to have joy, peace, etc. in God - without constantly thinking about those who are burning in hell.

It's difficult to have joy, peace, etc. in God in this world WITHOUT even considering those who are dead and suffering in hell. So why constantly mentally torture yourself? Would it help? This may sound selfish, but there's nothing anyone can do about people burning in hell. It's a horrible situation, but there's nothing one can do for them (unfortunately).

Just tell the living about Jesus, pray about it, and let it go.

I'm totally against being depressed because of people rejecting Jesus and the consequences that follow. It bothers me, but I don't need that added to the plate of misery that sometimes threatens to overwhelm me daily.

Life is a fight, and the fewer enemies in the ring, the better.

Anyone who'd try to make me feel bad because I don't constantly weep over lost souls should take their self-righteous trip elsewhere.

I'm sorry that there is a hell, and wish EVERYONE would accept Jesus - but it's tragically NOT that way.

I wish ALL paths led to Heaven.
Hi Soda120, thanks for being open & honest here.

I think what you say is what alot of people struggle with - you seem to be saying that it does bother you that billions are going to eternal torment - this gives you no peace - so the only way you can have peace is to let it go and try to forget the situation.

But that is no real peace at all. We can't just give up. You say there is nothing that can be done for them. But surely God can do something for them?

Love doesn't give up.
Love perseveres.
Love never fails.

That should give us real peace to know that God will never give up.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:02 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Not really......

Ps. 37:12-17
12 The wicked plots against the just,
And gnashes at him with his teeth.
13 The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees that his day is coming.
14 The wicked have drawn the sword
And have bent their bow,
To cast down the poor and needy,
To slay those who are of upright conduct.
15 Their sword shall enter their own heart,
And their bows shall be broken.
The wicked have drawn the sword (the carnal word of the counterfeit church)
And have bent their bow(no mercy or forgiveness, even though it was shown them)
To cast down the poor and needy (those who Jesus came to save,see Luke 4 below)

18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
That's what I mean. The fruit of UR is anger and contempt towards anyone who do not agree with them. They never understood the scriptures, never had peace and were tormented by unanswered questions, and in the end they walked away bitter and full of anger towards those who had been given peace. God gives peace, yet they admit they never had peace. And now? Well, I don't think there can be peace in denying the truth, and I think their aggression here proves that peace still has not found them.

Philippians 4:6-9 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Quote:
Yes, Finn_Jarber, Twin.spin, and Soda120, what you have posted is exactly true.

In all reality it is God many who are spewing their anger at and since people walk by sight, not by faith, they will persecuting His children this is because they do not want to believe and continue to deny God's truth that He is going to destroy sin, Satan and all those who follow loving and living in their dark deeds of sin who will reap hell..... it is spoken and written by the hand of God !!!

Many truly have shown that they have no fear of God by mocking His word and changing it....... especially using intimidation with their insults, cursing those who believe in ALL the written word of God, trusting Jesus Christ sacrifice for our sin !! There will be in the end dreadful consequences as God has spoken.....

We all have had loved ones who died without Christ ! And there is absolutely nothing one can do about that !! BUT we are to trust God regardless...... that is where the peace that passes all understanding comes from..... and thank you, Finn_Jarber for bring forth that scripture ! We who believe know that the grace of God will definitely guard are hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus...... AMEN !!

Yet, there will be those and have been through out time, since the beginning who God has handed them over to the desires of their hearts, which is denying His truth, walking in unbelief, and listening to the lie, which..... It is Satan who says that (Matthew 25:41, Revelation 20:15, Revelation 21:27, Mark 3:29, Mark 4:12, John 3:36, ) is spoken by a sick, twisted monster, sociopath, brainwashed liar."

God Bless.... to ALL those who will endure till the end ! Keep sharing the truth, the good news that Jesus Christ is our answer to overcome our sin, Satan and the world regardless of the opposition each one faces.
For God sees the heart and will deliver those who will believe ALL of His word...... worshiping Him in spirit and truth... AMEN !!
twin.spin, finn, Loveladybugs - you are missing the point, or perhaps you are choosing to miss the point of the OP.

Good news is good news. How is it good news to know that not just another soul, but billions of souls, will be tormented forever? - even if you yourself are saved? Is that good news?

The good news brings great joy to all men. ALL men. If you don't believe me, that is what the angels said to the shepherds when they appeared.

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

That is what good news is. Great Joy! For all! Peace, love, joy, harmony - fruits of the spirit. You are fooling yourself if you think you can have peace and joy all the while knowing billions are suffering endless torments.

Phil 4 was quoted above:
Philippians 4:6-9 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

This is a great scripture. I ask you in your heart of hearts: what requests do you present to God? Do you ask Him that everyone be saved, even if you don't understand how or when, that somehow He will bring all people to repentance and the saving knowledge of Christ?

--
Regarding the comments of anger and spewing anger - please, everyone on both sides - please be patient. Love is patient - we are to instruct in love and kindness in hopes that God will lead people into the truth. But always remember love is patient - and we must be patient too. I know it is difficult - I fail as well, but we must keep on trying.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I personally have never said that . I believed in ET right up to the moment i saw the truth of UR .I was in the computer room of our home , where i spent much of my time when my wife was on the way with the coastguard. I came across an article on the internet on UR and has i was reading it i just broke down and wept(for many reasons including repentance) and knew that i knew that i knew what i just read was of God, and have never wavered from it since, and there is one thing i can say in all honesty that is noticably different about me since i have believed in UR and that is i see all who do not know Jesus has lost and not sinners(though they are) , in other words seeing them through my Father's eyes.
In my case I stuffed the concept of eternal torment for the majority of mankind way in the back filing cabinet of my mind - threw it in the bottom drawer and locked it up and tried to forget about it. And most of the time it worked - I did forget about it - but every once in a while it would pop out and I would have to stuff it in the back filing cabinet again.

It wasn't until I was finally confronted with the reality of the prospect of eternal torture (after about 30 years of believing in eternal hell) that I realized this belief did not come from God. It was a manmade pagan myth of the worst kind. It hid me from who God really was for most of my life.

And now I have a peace that I never dreamed possible. I have complete assurance that no one will be left to suffer forever. All will be healed eventually. That is good news.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:33 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Many truly have shown that they have no fear of God by mocking His word and changing it....... especially using intimidation with their insults, cursing those who believe in ALL the written word of God, trusting Jesus Christ sacrifice for our sin !! There will be in the end dreadful consequences as God has spoken.....
LoveLadybugs,

There are two voices for people to listen to when it comes to the seriousness of remaining in unbelief.
  1. Satan's lie:
    • "he [does] not want [people] to believe and continue to deny God's truth that He is going to destroy sin, Satan and all those who follow loving and living in their dark deeds of sin who will reap hell."
  2. God's truth:
    • God plan for sinful mankind was to provide what humans can't do ... a savior.
      • "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes will not perish" John 3:16 a
    • Jesus plainly proclaims the consequence of whoever does not believe
Genesis 2:17 "for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” ... God

Genesis 3:1-4 “Did God really say (Genesis 2:17 )...You will not certainly die",.. Satan

Quote:
That's what I mean. The fruit of UR is anger and contempt towards anyone who do not agree with them. They never understood the scriptures, never had peace and were tormented by unanswered questions, and in the end they walked away bitter and full of anger towards those who had been given peace. God gives peace, yet they admit they never had peace. And now? Well, I don't think there can be peace in denying the truth, and I think their aggression here proves that peace still has not found them.
Yes the fruit of UR is made up of all these: anger, accusatory (it's not fair), offers false hope to to those who continue to deny Jesus as their personal subsitute Savior ** (see note below), removes Jesus' authority to be the Judge over evil and those who follow Satan that God gave him.

Christian definition of Savior:

** Savior:
(A) Jesus only.. no cooperation on humans part or based on being required part of a organization;
(B) personal subsitute for their sin;
(C) apart from works and obeying the law;
(D) by grace through faith
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity